LewdGeek

[Suggestion] Better Map and a way to know where to extract.

LewdGeek

Hi as a new player I can't extract, even after buying the map from Therapist, the main concept of the game is not even complete and need to be worked on.

I am a new player and I can't extract and I refuse to look at Wiki or YouTube video, you should not need a Wiki or YouTube to play a game, This is really sad how you guy's didn't think about this.

I feel like I have wasted my money now, and it's not like Steam I can't ask a refund, when I should be able to because nowhere I have see that you have to use Wiki or YouTube to extract. Players/Users should be able to extract this is the goal of the game after all.

LewdGeek

FQA

Edited by LewdGeek
  • Upvote 2

Drawendaemon

I always look at the wiki maps but yeah this is true, as a new player you should be able to play without these informations. Everyone will open wiki for a map so why not include one by the devs? Not a gps with your location but a map where you can check the extracts.

• Upvote 1

GhostZ69

I agree with you guys.  The GAME needs to immersive enough that you do not have to resort to the use of outside materials to allow the most basic of things like extracting.  A guy, Tobiassolemn has even said this about tasks and quests.  They should be informative enough that you do not have to watch a 15 minute YouTube video to find a task item. 

• Like 2

LewdGeek

I would like to add,

Just by doing Alt+Tab every 2 or 3 minutes cause a lot of instability and freeze/hang.

PS. My point was that some people want to learn a game by themselves (like me) and refuse to use crap like wiki and YouTube to play a or advance in a video game, ANY games that  relies on YouTube or Wiki and doesn't give player clues about how to do some quest or stuff is a bad game like all the DarkSouls games.

• Like 1

Casperian
vor 1 Stunde schrieb GhostZ69:

A guy, Tobiassolemn has even said this about tasks and quests.  They should be informative enough that you do not have to watch a 15 minute YouTube video to find a task item. 

Even tho I really appreciated the topic you are referring to, Tobiassolem didn't talk about that issue. His point was not less important tho.

For everyone wondering: 

Spoiler

When it comes to maps tho, I really like searching for the extraction points.

The problem is, that sometimes you have no clue at all to where to find them at times, which means that 'searching' for that point means running around the map in the hope that you get into the zone eventually. Not fun at all.

Example: 'CP Fence' on the new map. What on earth schould I make up of that? Rezerve is full of fences! Even worth: 'Scav Lands'. You get my point.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb GhostZ69:

The GAME needs to immersive enough that you do not have to resort to the use of outside materials to allow the most basic of things like extracting.

This on the other hand is something I find to be a quite interesting concept. I'd love to see more of that (as long as it is more inspirational than 5k Roubles).

vor 44 Minuten schrieb LewdGeek:

[...]My point was that some people want to learn a game by themselves (like me) and refuse to use crap like wiki and YouTube to play a or advance in a video game, ANY games that  relies on YouTube or Wiki and doesn't give player clues about how to do some quest or stuff is a bad game [...]

This especially applies to EFT, where the issues to get to this point are usually really easy to fix, while at the same time quite a lot of people who get attracted to this game are hoping for an 'immersive exploring' of the game.  There is a bit more to being a bad game tho.

Edited by Casperian
Issue with the hyperlink
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

SliceNL

While I don't think it's really a game breaking thing, I would like it if there would be sirenes going off at all the extraction zones at the last 10 minutes of the match.

TacticalToaster

I think they could incorporate the intel center into giving players information that is usually found through out of game means. Ammo values for example. There's no way to check the raw (or even estimated, unless you can somehow figure it out by the vague descriptions of most of the ammos and have a general idea of what they're like IRL) values of ammo without looking up the official ammo table. They should make it so that once you get the intel center, you can "research" items and it gleans more information about its uses, hidden values not shown in the inspect screen, ect. Maybe the better the intel center, the more specific the information gets, or you get extra tidbits here and there. Same can be done for maps. You research a map, and you get more information on the extracts, and general areas of loot and scavs. There should be a require though that you have to travel to certain points on the map to be able to research loot spots and scav spawns/patrol regions, and information that isn't about extracts. Extracts should basically be a freebie with level 1 intel center.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

LewdGeek

This is a Huge problem you are blocking your player base from having fun and get loot and rely on something outside the game this is more then game breaking this is inhuman...

I'll make a deal with you, Next new map go play in it without using any map outside the game come back and tell me your experience after... and by relying on the map on the wiki I am able to extract 8 times out of 10 times lol and my stash is FULL and I don't even know what to do anymore.

and this is the same for the Skills, to upgrade my stash I need Endurance lvl1 or 2 but HOW THE HECK I am upgrading my Endurance skills?? (I know running but I make an example.) the lack of details make the game really bad and make us relies on third party information and resources. And anybody with a budget can start making a game same as Escape From Tarkov and put advertisement on those third party website and say the game is F2P and done half of the player base is gone or the future Player base will go on the F2P choice.

Anyway I work in the game industry and my job is to actually think further and about all those little things that nobody thinks about.

• Upvote 1

LewdGeek

By relying on Third Party maps, the devs are losing the way they want the players to be immerse in the game and how they want us to play the game.

SwordBlock

I agree, immersiveness should have a higher priority.  

• Thanks 2

LewdGeek

Seriously I think this is what that will make me stop playing this game... EVERY TIME, EVERY ducking DAMN TIME, I starting looking for an extraction, I have to Alt+Tab and go on a ducking website TO LOOK WHERE I AM SUPPOSE TO HEAD... AND EVERY TIME during this time I get shot while in Alt+Tab Seriously this is a REALLY bad and a HUGE PROBLEM in their game that need to be fix ASAP because this is what gonna kill the game....

CooH1e2
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 4:51 PM, LewdGeek said:

Hi as a new player I can't extract, even after buying the map from Therapist, the main concept of the game is not even complete and need to be worked on.

I am a new player and I can't extract and I refuse to look at Wiki or YouTube video, you should not need a Wiki or YouTube to play a game, This is really sad how you guy's didn't think about this.

This is a very valid point and I fully agree this needs to be implemented.
Maps has no use nowadays and they are missing this oppotunity. Not needed to have a very detailed info, It would be good enough if they mark zones with extracts names roughly where you can find them.

Nevertheless this feeling is dissappearing and you forget about it when you know all the maps by heart.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:47 AM, TacticalToaster said:

I think they could incorporate the intel center into giving players information that is usually found through out of game means. Ammo values for example. There's no way to check the raw (or even estimated, unless you can somehow figure it out by the vague descriptions of most of the ammos and have a general idea of what they're like IRL) values of ammo without looking up the official ammo table. They should make it so that once you get the intel center, you can "research" items and it gleans more information about its uses, hidden values not shown in the inspect screen, ect. Maybe the better the intel center, the more specific the information gets, or you get extra tidbits here and there. Same can be done for maps. You research a map, and you get more information on the extracts, and general areas of loot and scavs. There should be a require though that you have to travel to certain points on the map to be able to research loot spots and scav spawns/patrol regions, and information that isn't about extracts. Extracts should basically be a freebie with level 1 intel center.

good Idea @TacticalToaster

• Like 1

LewdGeek

I can't handle this anymore... Dying for some stupid reason like this and where the people that play for a long have a SERIOUS advantage because they know where you spawn, where the stuff is and all that, so, in the end every run suck if I don't look a YouTube video or use the Wiki, this is dumb...

Poriomania

There are two options: Either you study the map from the wiki before the match (btw, use borderless windowed mode to stop the alt-tab instability problems) and lern the exists or

You go around the side of the map until you reach the extract. Almost all extracts will be on the other side of the map than where you spawn somewhere along the border of the map.

• Sad 1

KiTiTy

Without doing some research on extract and mission item locations, Tarkov becomes magnitudes more difficult.

A benefit to not all of the information that you need being found in game, is that it strongly encourages people to reach out into the community for help, and that's how a lot of people end up finding teammates and support that the game undoubtedly could be frustrating without.

"I refuse to look at Wiki or YouTube video" is unfortunately a very self destructive stance in this game. I'm not necessarily saying that I think it should be this way, but that's the way it is.

On the other hand, a GPS item, even a very primitive one, would allow new players to learn a map without doing any research.. At this time I'm not sure there are enough people refusing to utilize the community to learn the basics of a map and its extracts for BSG to see something like that as being justified. A GPS item would not be very useful for an experienced player if it was limited to locating map position and finding extracts, so I don't think it would be considered overpowered.

DON'T GIVE UP YET THOUGH, there has been some consideration of a satellite-linked device which could be used to insure gear in raid, which may very well become something like the above discussed GPS item, allowing new players to have a more immersive experience without needing outside research!

Thanks for reading!

Edited by KiTiTy

Irish-TX
Posted (edited)

Extraction point ZB-1011. WTF does that mean? How the hell am I supposed to know where that is?

Edited by Irish-TX

ShadowBY
43 минуты назад, Irish-TX сказал:

Extraction point ZB-1011. WTF does that mean? How the hell am I supposed to know where that is?

Hardcore game man, welcome to tarkov))

Saws_n_Sins

Ya the maps you can buy in game are really bad. You can buy maps of your local area in real life in gas stations that is more detailed. I'm not saying the maps in game should show every little detail but they should have at least the extractions and major areas of the map marked on them. Could even make it "immersive" and have them written in like a pencil on maps in game.

Could go all the way with immersion with the in game maps and even feel in useless details like all the roads and stuff be named like they would be on any real map.

DevilSoulll
Posted (edited)
On 11/1/2019 at 6:51 PM, LewdGeek said:

I feel like I have wasted my money now, and it's not like Steam I can't ask a refund, when I should be able to because nowhere I have see that you have to use Wiki or YouTube to extract. Players/Users should be able to extract this is the goal of the game after all.

LewdGeek

FQA

As a new player as well, this is exactly what's happening to me and I was very excited about getting the game and all but when first fired it up and looked around in the menus, it was disappointing how much little to no info found there. Though I knew there is no tutorial but at least a data base should be found about how you play it within the game. What's the point going in raids after seeing all Youtube vids and then you play it and get all keys and stuff and find an extraction through a 3rd party source and finish!! Where is the fun in that.

If any if you played Destiny, going to raids the first time is the best part in the game where you don't know $hit and then you try to figure it out with your friends. Why on earth I would play a game based on other people's knowledge?!

I know lots of veterans in EFT don't need anything to help them out but for new players, the developers need to implement a way to play the game without sourcing out any info from outside the game itself. This is NEEDED. 

Cuz it's not fair as new player being in a clueless position while almost all other players know everything about the maps by heart. And don't tell me that EFT isn't fair and all that crap. I'm not talking about nerfing or balancing here, I'm talking about the basic objectives of the game that should be clear to all players.

Edited by DevilSoulll

-Tkullberg-

Ever heard of the "offline mode"?

We all have been the new dude in the game, just google a image of the map and you done. Then do some offline runs to learn.

Easy peasy.

skyflashde
vor 43 Minuten schrieb -Tkullberg-:

We all have been the new dude in the game, just google a image of the map and you done. Then do some offline runs to learn.

Easy peasy.

The offline mode will not help you without a proper map, that you cannot find in game.

They are still right.

The devs cant base their game on third party content that you NEED to even play the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

DevilSoulll
1 hour ago, -Tkullberg- said:

Easy peasy.

Offline mode will be taken out of the game pre official launch. Then what?

And still, offline mode is useless without 3rd party source. And also it strips the game of excitement when playing and learning the game alone and uncover everything in the map alone just to play it again with people. Why not playing it from the start with people and have enough in-game info to at least extract and have written clues on walls or can upgrade the map from one of the trader that can give you hints about the good loot rooms and location. Why the heck they haven't though of something like that.

Shmickel

Cant disagree, the game is not easy. But there is a map in game and it does show the exist if you carry it with you and look at the Map option before jumping into a game.

Does it default for you during the game play? Of course not. You want immersive, you update your map. Right click on all the exit location and create the exit so they stay and update the rest as you see fit.

All those third party website are people who, when the game started, learned and updated maps to avoid other people to do all that labor. I remember when the first 3D Map came out of Shore line. Damn that was a big step. But it was someone who felt that people would rather see that than the given map in game that anyone can buy and update as they learn the game.

You want immersive? You got it. Is it easy? Hell no, but people didn't want easy either.

One thing they could do is allow you to upload a map of someone else from the game avoiding you to recreate all the points yourself so you can copy paste your friend map if needed. Like sharing information with your teammate.

They are missing maps but i'm sure they will get there.

-Tkullberg-
12 hours ago, DevilSoulll said:

Offline mode will be taken out of the game pre official launch. Then what?

And still, offline mode is useless without 3rd party source. And also it strips the game of excitement when playing and learning the game alone and uncover everything in the map alone just to play it again with people. Why not playing it from the start with people and have enough in-game info to at least extract and have written clues on walls or can upgrade the map from one of the trader that can give you hints about the good loot rooms and location. Why the heck they haven't though of something like that.

I dunno, maybe its on the do list.

Its current as beta.

• Sad 1