SlimJimBim

SERVER CONNECTION LOST

GabeFPS
On 12/29/2019 at 9:16 PM, TheWanderingWar said:

I have owned the game since Friday December 27th. Since then I have had more than I can count. On a rock solid 1 gigabit cable connection. Today has been the worst by far, I have tried to join 2 games. 1 as my PMC and one as a SCAV. Literally it happens before it even visually puts up the game world. Basically at the moment loading is done, it fades to "Sever Connection Lost" The 3 total times I stayed connected long enough to move, 40 seconds was the longest. The scav run, I stayed alive the whole raid, but was disconnected and attempted to reconnect throughout the entirety of the rain timer. 

The game has zero issue keeping track of my character in game. So when my PMC is killed I am heavily damaged and lost my gear. So I have to expend more resources to heal my character just to get fucked again... Stop charging for a game you cannot even fix the most basic and vital part of. I get its a beta, but this is nonsense. You dont need more money, you need to do work. So do your job and get to work.

This is the most infuriating crap I have ever dealt with. Even PUBG has never been this bad, console or PC.

Have you tested your network on your end? At first i thought it was a tarkov server issue but might be my fault. None of my friends are having this issue.

adriatic_sea

Server connection lost in a SCAV round.  Told I would be branded as a deserter if I didn't rejoin immediately!  Rejoined immediately.  "Server connection lost" immediately.

Gigabit connection, tested before and after SCAV round: 

Latency: 7 ms - Your Internet speed is very fast - Your Internet connection should be able to handle multiple devices streaming HD videos, video conferencing, and gaming at the same time.

Lost a ton of loot and have to wait 20 minutes to try again.  Meanwhile during a PMC round, no connection issues at all.  The fun part (scavving) is plagued by disconnects, while the hard part (PMCing) lets me bleed out without a hitch.  

strikerromanov

It's been happening consistenly on EU too to me , we've been q together with mate and sometimes it takes both of us out , sometimes it's just me.

Weird getting tarkov'd.

DeathDiamond720

I always get this problem as a PMC, no matter what I do to prevent it. However as a scav I rearely encounter connection losses. I don't understand how nothing has been done about this, it's like the developers don't want us playing their game. 

leuk
Posted (edited)

just happened to me right now, i lost an ak102 with like 5 mags full of expensive 5.45 ammo and some nice lvl4 armor.. being totaly new to the game, it just pissed me off, i bought this game for not even 4 days ago...

Someone please fix this issue

Edited by leuk

Sir_Broslyn

Server was restarted about 5 Hours ago and wasn't having the problem until then, now I've disconnected with perfect ping 2 times in factory. I will note tho that I switched to a edge router X and its been working flawlessly except for these 2 hiccups....

Ma3stro777

Had same thing 3 times today fortunately playing SCAV. and it is always around 10 mins prior to escape when I am almost there. This sucks

n3os

I was about to join a game as a PMC while I got a "disconnected to the server" message right before the game was going to start. Back in the menu again I noticed that my player is dead and my stuff is gone ... WTF?

mlcb

i've had this issue for a couple months I wasn't able to join any maps except factory without it crashing. I just replaced my 8gb's of ram with 16gb's and it seems to be working fine now. I've only played two games but they where on customs and shoreline two maps i haven't been able to play at all without connection lost errors. hope this helps

FrmFranceUidiot

Rightclick on Network (right corner) > Network- and Internet properties > rightclick on your Network > properties > disable Internet protocol, version 6 (TVP / IPv6).

should work fine after that.

worked for me :/

dixon12345

i cant play a single scav run without "server connection lost", cmon guys please fix

dixon12345

i cant play PMC either, and turning off ipv6 didnt fix it

Broseidon608

I've had this game since the black friday sale in 2019 and have had this issue pretty consistently since day one. I live in Western Australia and connect to the Sydney server (closest apart from Singapore) and the stats show an 80ms ping to start. The ping stays pretty standard ~60-80ms through each round with a short spike every now and then up to 150-200ms.

I've raised a ticket and basically uploading the logs of every time it happens to that ticket now, since I'm pretty tired of it.

So far a couple of friends have suggested using mudfish to try and mitigate the latency issue, but I still can't connect to the singapore server (where mudfish can route to across the ASC) because my ping is > 150ms in the server selection menu.

This all sounds like a "you" (me) problem with everything said and my mates (local to me) not having any of the same issues with their own connections to the game, but I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions or found any solutions?

I see @FrmFranceUidiotsuggested turning off IPv6, but my ISP doesn't support the protocol still anyway, so I don't have an IPv6 connection to worry about.

zdravko010688

i have that issue maybe years already and no fix till now has been provided i also dont have the IPv6 but the option in setting is still enabled so i disabled it just in case then other post of a guy suggested that in the settings there is another options related to the power consumption and the windows is able to turn of the devise in order to save power so unticked that also just in case 

nothing from this ever worked 

my connection is stable and every time they give me that crap maybe is your connection we dont have it bla bla 

i have only one thing to say to this argument i have this issue only with tarkov 

i dont have connection drops any other online game that i play or any other online work or anything that requires lan connection to work ive done ping test trace route telnet and they are without any problem 

but start playing tarkov and its just Russian roulette i shot and loose connection or maybe i wont i dont know 

its like 50x50 chance or like winning from betting ticket by which i mean not having a connection lost which like what is the chance wining the biggest price of the ticket

iAm_King

this is the only game that gives me any type of connection issues. My ping is 20 i know its not my connection its the damn servers. Haven't been able to play a single raid without disconnecting and its frustrating. It always happens as soon as i load into the raid too. When are we going to get any type of response to this??

• Like 1

zdravko010688
1 hour ago, iAm_King said:

this is the only game that gives me any type of connection issues. My ping is 20 i know its not my connection its the damn servers. Haven't been able to play a single raid without disconnecting and its frustrating. It always happens as soon as i load into the raid too. When are we going to get any type of response to this??

i dont believe that they will address it soon 

cause that is an issue from very long time and it still happens 

i think that they rely on the fact that not everybody has this or majority of the playerbase so they just disregard it almost completely 

APackofHobos

If you are having this problem I somehow resolved it. I unplugged my router and plugged my Ethernet cord directly into the modem. This allowed me to actually get into games. However, now I can play on wifi so IDK if my fix actually worked, or if the servers at the time were getting poo on. Everytime I start having problems in Tarkov I just unplug my router and plug in my desktop. Seems to work or atleast help. 

Eat_LEEad
On 1/7/2020 at 10:04 PM, FrmFranceUidiot said:

Rightclick on Network (right corner) > Network- and Internet properties > rightclick on your Network > properties > disable Internet protocol, version 6 (TVP / IPv6).

should work fine after that.

worked for me :/

I did this and it worked for me, I got out of the cycle of trying to reconnect after a server DC and I also had all my stuff still?!

Eat_LEEad
46 minutes ago, Eat_LEEad said:

I did this and it worked for me, I got out of the cycle of trying to reconnect after a server DC and I also had all my stuff still?!

I take that back its just started doing it again!

Stan464

just happened to me right now, i lost an ak102 with like 5 mags full of expensive 5.45 ammo and some nice lvl4 armor.. being totaly new to the game, it just pissed me off, i bought this game for not even 4 days ago...

Owned this less than 24 hours..

Issues with the Connectivity, sometimes i can get into the Game sometimes, but being PMC is risky, ill random DC.

Ping to: prod.escapefromtarkov.com is 20ms to 90 in rare moments.

If this continues i may need to consider a Refund.

Edited by Stan464
Added Quote.

Stan464
On 1/4/2020 at 2:05 PM, leuk said:

PantherUKFRDE

I have it too gents... since the beginning. I wonder how much life time this disconnects and the following trials to reconnect took from me. Today it happend to me in every raid. At least one time.....

This is Tarkov! Not supposed to have fun 😄

Askari1437

Man this is some bullshit, I got the edge of darkness edition and I feel ripped off....

If people have had this problem for this long and they didn't fix it, it's really annoying and feels like they are using streamers to promote this game and then leave the public to rott because they can't play the game or refund ( not that I want to refund )

This is just stupid.. All my friends can play, but I can't join them cause I get disconnected the whole fuggin time !!!

Henrik16

Bought the game a month ago never played online because of the "server lost connection". Im fkn broken boys just dont know what to do, I just want to play the game, my internet works fine with other games. PLEASE HELP ME

• Like 1

icecreamshampoo
1 hour ago, Henrik16 said:

Bought the game a month ago never played online because of the "server lost connection". Im fkn broken boys just dont know what to do, I just want to play the game, my internet works fine with other games. PLEASE HELP ME

Awful servers. They aren't willing to invest. EFT makes money through streamers.