geir87

Scav karma

geir87

Wouldn't it be an awesome idea to introduce a kind of a karma system to the playable scavs? To prevent scav on scav violence?

Just from the top of my head, if you repeatedly kill other scavs as a scav, you get bad karma, and thus penalized by spawning with crappy equipment. And a small + bonus towards good karma if you don't kill other scavs unless fired upon, leading to some small upgrade on the equipment you spawn in with?

• Upvote 1

Cravice

I guess this is already in the making if i am correct.

• Like 1

LewdGeek

I don't think we should get penalized for killing NPC, okay if another player is a Scav but for the NPC they are the main looting so if you stop the Scav looting how the freak are we gonna loot?

Oh and BTW Cravice is right they working on it.

Xarc
9 minutes ago, LewdGeek said:

I don't think we should get penalized for killing NPC

How do you know who's an NPC ? Many people fake the movement of an NPC.

• Thanks 1

LewdGeek
5 minutes ago, Xarc said:

How do you know who's an NPC ? Many people fake the movement of an NPC.

Here we are 😁 This is what I was waiting to prove my point :P Thank you @Xarc. SO, the whole Karma thing is a REALLY BAD IDEA one of the worst because we kill on sight and there is no way to distinguish each faction and EVERYBODY will get bad Karma for just playing the game... The Karma should only apply to the Jerk that are inviting you in a group and when the game start killing you to get your loot. THOSE ARE THE ONLY ONE who should be penalize by this System if it comes out...

Edited by LewdGeek
  • Sad 1

Xarc
2 minutes ago, LewdGeek said:

Here we are 😁 This is what I was waiting to prove my point :P Thank you @Xarc. SO, the whole Karma thing is a REALLY BAD IDEA one of the worst because we kill on sight and there is no way to distinguish each faction and EVERYBODY will get bad Karma for just playing the game... The Karma should only apply to the Jerk that are inviting you in a group and when the game start killing you to get your loot. THOSE ARE THE ONLY ONE who should be penalize by this System if it comes out...

Karma for every faction is not a bad idea.

If you observed the scav NPC is peaceful with you until you start to shoot him and it should stay this way. Why an NPC scav start shooting you in the first place when he get the chance ? Because he is considering you from his faction.

The game should not be a target practice. Kill on sight for the love of killing and looting should not be the way in this game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

LewdGeek

Okay then lets make a faction Red and the other faction blue XD

There is a limit to what you can accomplish in a game without destroying the fun of the players.

The game is all about this Mini Battle Royale and loot the people you kill. AND IF ITS NOT they really have to do something about it because this is TOTALLY a Battle royale in a unique Genre.

Edited by LewdGeek

Xarc
2 minutes ago, LewdGeek said:

Okay then lets make a faction Red and the other faction blue XD

There is a limit to what you can accomplish in a game without destroying the fun of the players.

There are some distinguishable things which you have to discover by yourself. ;)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

LewdGeek

You know what :) I don't care I kill on Sight :) don't have time to analyzing everyone in the freaking map when my goal is to get loot. AND Everybody will think like that trust me :) .

Edited by LewdGeek

Xarc
Just now, LewdGeek said:

You know what :) I don't care I kill on Sight :) don't have time to analyzing everyone in the freaking map when my goal is to get loot.

That's why you will be penalized by karma. ;)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

LewdGeek

Anyway you're right and we all wrong... you'll see really quickly anyway I've been in the Video game industry for long enough and EVERYTIME I say something it happen... I have a really good instinct and my instinct tell me this is gonna kill the game. A GAME THAT IS ABOUT KILLING PEOPLE TO LOOT THEM. Anyway good luck and have fun. Done talking to you.

• Sad 1

Yarbay

I also think it's necessary for the scavs. You want to join a group as a scav and do not know if they are good or bad players, so you could see in the lobby what a karma status the player has.

N1shazu

This would just go against the dog eats dog mentality of a scav. Scavs aren’t good people, what’s the problem with Scav on scav violence. Why do we need a karma system? For what. There aren’t rules in this game, it’s part of the lore.That’s one of the things that makes it a great game.

ThomasSTA
On 11/2/2019 at 1:38 PM, Xarc said:

Karma for every faction is not a bad idea.

If you observed the scav NPC is peaceful with you until you start to shoot him and it should stay this way. Why an NPC scav start shooting you in the first place when he get the chance ? Because he is considering you from his faction.

The game should not be a target practice. Kill on sight for the love of killing and looting should not be the way in this game.

I actually just realized the other day, when I was a scav. The npc scavs were shooting at a player scav because he had killed npc scavs, I then killed that guy. And after that the npc scavs decided to shoot me? like the f***?

CooH1e2
2 hours ago, N1shazu said:

This would just go against the dog eats dog mentality of a scav. Scavs aren’t good people, what’s the problem with Scav on scav violence. Why do we need a karma system? For what. There aren’t rules in this game, it’s part of the lore.That’s one of the things that makes it a great game.

if this is the case... then Scavs should shoot on scav players on sight.

Logic here...  a scav is a lonely "dog" that loots and try to survive. If they shoot a full geared guy... why aren't they shooting a light armored guy  that they don't know?

Niewiarygodny
6 minutes ago, CooH1e2 said:

Logic here...  a scav is a lonely "dog" that loots and try to survive. If they shoot a full geared guy... why aren't they shooting a light armored guy  that they don't know?

Lets expand idea, if they are not shooting at their "scav friend" why they are shooting at you from 100-200m if you wear 100% their gear? :D
They could actually change that if you wear "scav items" it let you approach scavs a bit closer.

But... Why i am dreaming? AI lacks basic behaviours, have inhuman reactions and i ask for soemthing which is way beyond BSG ability if they can't make AI act more as "humans". :D

TeasR

I don't think that EVERY players want to kill on sight, that's actually what some people will state because they let their own opinion influence too much the discussion. I can already in this discussion spot more people for a karma system than the contrary, only lewdgeek seems to have a real problem with it, in the first hand saying thanks to xarc for pointing something he agrees too, then say "i'm done talking with you" when the same dude will start showing elements going against his opinion.
Also misinformation about scavs attitude being dog eat dog or what the hell is that ? why scavs are friendly to player scavs then ? also that's just illusional with the realism, if among tarkov civilians there is some that left the city and others that choose to stay to fight, why the hell should they all have the same mindset that is "kill everyone" ? there is civilians that will do for sure, but there is also other civilians that are more pacific with other civilians.
Stop the bullshit please and start opening your mind...

Edited by TeasR

CooH1e2
Just now, Niewiarygodny said:

Lets expand idea, if they are not shooting at their "scav friend" why they are shooting at you from 100-200m if you wear 100% their gear? :D
They could actually change that if you wear "scav items" it let you approach scavs a bit closer.

But... Why i am dreaming? AI lacks basic behaviours, have inhuman reactions and i ask for soemthing which is way beyond BSG ability if they can't make AI act more as "humans". :D

The whole Scav thinks it's not really fitting in the game. In my opinion they need to rethink a little bit this point. I was just providing an answer to the dog eat dog dilema.

From the scav perspective. Your region has been almost destroyed, You are trying to survive and you have friends, family. You work together to get things for your own survival or kill people just for fun. 

The SCAV bosses make sense in these way... a group of locals that are taking profit of the situation, they work together and kills Scavs and players. 

Lonely scav's, scav sniper,  patroling areas.... doesn't fit that good.
If me as a Scav I'm going to a zone to get some loot with my "scav friend" I won't kill him but I won't trust anyone else...  I'll shoot on sight.

If they mark every scav as friend.... then killing them and betraying should come with a penalty.... Or at least they should have the opportunity to betray any scav player.... increasing the "no trust"  "dog eat dog" mentality.

I still miss the reason of these scavs to be there ....

Finally if you analyze the scav player itself... bringing objects to the PMC makes even less sense in all of this.

Xarc

I think some are scared because scavs (players) may start to work toghether and become a real menace for PMCs and not just target practice. :D

N1shazu
6 minutes ago, Xarc said:

I think some are scared because scavs (players) may start to work toghether and become a real menace for PMCs and not just target practice. :D

Karma or not I’m still going to log In in a squad of 4 as Scavs and kill on sight every single scav player. Nothing’s gonna change. 

Xarc
3 minutes ago, N1shazu said:

Karma or not I’m still going to log In in a squad of 4 as Scavs and kill on sight every single scav player. Nothing’s gonna change. 

Maybe you don't give a duck but if karma beside a -+ score showed to others will increase your time for the next scav raid ...

Lustii
On 11/2/2019 at 2:18 PM, LewdGeek said:

I`m really sad to see this kind of comments here.. This isn`t some shoot em loot em up Fortnite/Apex etc. which are games for children who have 0 patience and who cannot really think further in future than that one match.

For me the best part and the most enjoyable way to play the game is to carefully choose who i will shoot and if i will engage them is that wise or should i just wait for them to pass by? I also choose really carefully what i bring home from raids. 

So in short: That karma system sounds really interesting!

• Sad 1

LewdGeek

This is stupid because everybody is playing as BEAR and 1/4 of the players playing as USEC.. The USEC ARE AT A GREAT disadvantage and like in the game For Honor from Ubisoft they will not do sh*t to fix that.

Edited by LewdGeek
Typo

LewdGeek

it's because you don't see further then what is going on XD you are a player and doesn't work in game industry and doesn't know how this is working and how toxic player will play or people will play and a game is not a Job a game is for relaxing and taking the pressure off and entertain. adding this system will crap the experience and you know why because NOBODY PLAY WITH F*CKING MICS when they are suppose to in a game like that. Anyway you are a close minded person and you don't see the whole picture I am sorry for you, You are the kid...

4 hours ago, Lustii said:

I`m really sad to see this kind of comments here.. This isn`t some shoot em loot em up Fortnite/Apex etc. which are games for children who have 0 patience and who cannot really think further in future than that one match.

For me the best part and the most enjoyable way to play the game is to carefully choose who i will shoot and if i will engage them is that wise or should i just wait for them to pass by? I also choose really carefully what i bring home from raids. 

So in short: That karma system sounds really interesting!

Edited by LewdGeek
Typo