ukALex93

Healing outside of raid

ukALex93

To me it feels like a chore, just extra clicks and wasting my time in between raids. I am not a fan of it and it's just really putting me off playing, what does everyone else think? 

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 7

Newmatic_Weasel

It is a little tedious to have to heal your character after every raid but I manage to bring so many medkits back with me from a raid that it never hurts my wallet just my time. I kinda like it, more realistic and it isn't a huge impact on my gameplay.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

ukALex93
4 minutes ago, Newmatic_Weasel said:

It is a little tedious to have to heal your character after every raid but I manage to bring so many medkits back with me from a raid that it never hurts my wallet just my time. I kinda like it, more realistic and it isn't a huge impact on my gameplay.

That's the thing, it only takes your time. But is it rewarding? Does it make you feel more attached to your character?

Newmatic_Weasel

I wouldn't say attached but it does make sense that if you get messed up in a raid and you manage to extract with your character goobed up pretty badly from firefights that you wouldn't just get magically healed on your way back to the hideout. 

Hamm
26 minutes ago, ukALex93 said:

That's the thing, it only takes your time. But is it rewarding? Does it make you feel more attached to your character?

.......its a video game.

31 minutes ago, Newmatic_Weasel said:

so when you get shot in the head and die in a video game....youre tellin me i can get shot in the head in real life, die, but as long as i some how spam meds ill be alive again??.....nothing realistic about it at all

Edited by Hamm
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

ukALex93
1 minute ago, Hamm said:

.......its a video game.

Well yes, I am just trying to understand the perspective of those who like the feature.

VonOrange

it just makes it more punishing to die, in fact it does make people think twice about hatchleting in. I hate hatchlings any thing to make them suffer more is good in my book. They are the scum of tarkov and IRL! whoa, maybe not that bad. Other HC games would penalize XP upon death which i hope they never do. if you cant afford some cheese your doing it wrong. 

• Upvote 1

ukALex93
16 minutes ago, VonOrange said:

it just makes it more punishing to die, in fact it does make people think twice about hatchleting in. I hate hatchlings any thing to make them suffer more is good in my book. They are the scum of tarkov and IRL! whoa, maybe not that bad. Other HC games would penalize XP upon death which i hope they never do. if you cant afford some cheese your doing it wrong. 

Affording it isn't the problem, it's just that it is a waste of time. I have to click what feels like a hundred times just to heal up to go back into a raid. It's just annoying.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Vosmo
1 hour ago, ukALex93 said:

Affording it isn't the problem, it's just that it is a waste of time. I have to click what feels like a hundred times just to heal up to go back into a raid. It's just annoying.

Right click and heal all

• Upvote 1

Niewiarygodny
1 hour ago, ukALex93 said:

Click on med -> heal all -> Problem solved
So after each raid (if you died) you have to click 6 times WOW 100 clicks!!!!!!
If you have bigger med like salewa/ifak/grizzly then 2 times!!!!

Also it's first time we have such thing, it's been said that they will change it a little, like therpaist will be able to heal you for money.

Fistach

I prefer to go wounded in the nest rwid and heal on the scene. It allows me to quicker lvl up skills and makes game a little bit harder. I like it but we need to remember it's just first step in out of the raid healing. 

Edited by Fistach

BESK

Pointless to say the least. If you are coming back from the dead, how come you heal from 50%?

Fistach

Ok so let's make a game when you die once and it's a wipe for you.

JeffFromEarth
3 hours ago, Fistach said:

Ok so let's make a game when you die once and it's a wipe for you.

if thats the case, it'd help with the open world end development they are working towards. plus itd even the playing fields a bit of solo's vs groups

dustandflour

Yeah it just feels like a useless feature or i should rephrase: its a good idea but honestly just a bit tedious at this point . If they want to use it as a moneysink just give me the option after raid with a single button press to heal my character up for a fee.

Edited by dustandflour

Fistach

Please lets give Them some time. It's just a first iteration :)

EpicOctopus

After raid healing is a chore but it is realistic and I can deal with it but whats not realistic is getting shot in the face and dying but then still having to heal myself in hideout.If you survive the raid with all your loot and  you received some damage then you should heal yourself in hideout but when you do die in the raid an lose everything then you should at least have full health when your back in inventory not having any damage to limbs.

• Like 2

ukALex93
1 hour ago, EpicOctopus said:

After raid healing is a chore but it is realistic and I can deal with it but whats not realistic is getting shot in the face and dying but then still having to heal myself in hideout.If you survive the raid with all your loot and  you received some damage then you should heal yourself in hideout but when you do die in the raid an lose everything then you should at least have full health when your back in inventory not having any damage to limbs.

Exactly my thoughts, if you leave and are injured you should heal up, that's fine. But, if you die, you still have to heal? Cool, I swallowed a grenade last raid, let me just patch my face back up! haha

• Like 1

TotallyNotMace

When you get back from a raid, do a Scav run and by the time you exfil with the Scav your PMC is usually passively healed. If not, put a couple rubles towards upgrading the first couple things in your Hideout, which are all passive healing buffs.

ViscontiRogue

How do you fill about the dehydration and hunger system needing to be replenished outside of raids?

nikoto
17 hours ago, BESK said:

Pointless to say the least. If you are coming back from the dead, how come you heal from 50%?

Agree here, perhaps it would make sense to revive 100% after death or just keep wounds if you're downed to 20% but survive.

texascommando

Me as a person that dosen play the game alot but on the wekends when im off I dont like that heal after raids waste of time and money when its so hard to even make money in the game If the healing after raid gave us like Ex going to our healing skill that would be awesome but it dosent that I can see but dont get me wrong I love this game and the driection its going just dont like the healing after raid and get nothing in returned for it ... 

Arzzet

I like the feature. Is simply a representation that you get out of the raid injured ( or die, whatever ) and get with the stuff tonyour hideout, but you are still in Tarkov, what means you are still in danger, you need to rest and recover from your wounds to be able to enter another raid to keep gathering supplies and survive untill you finally find a way to leave tarkov once and forever.

please read carefully what is this game about:

you are a leftover pmc, abandoned in a dangerous zone with scavs and pmc fighting where the goverment cannot perform any action due to political issues. You have to survive build a hideout, gather resources until you can find a way to escape from tarkov 

so you have a fps with rpg elements and survival elements, and between all the mechanics the off raid healing is an accurate representation of you surviving in tarkov. Is not only get in raid and have firefights and no more deepness...

come on guys! nobody knows what is this game about? Nobody has read anything about? I bet many of you only bought a game that looks cool to pew pew, play a cool shooter but don’t give a d**k about what is the motto of the game, sure many even didn’t read is a game in developement... who cares if you can shoot a little and kill people right? “Hey buddy I paid xx bucks for that. Gimme maps to play and players to kill and levels to rise and that’s all right?” “Get rid of the cool inmersive and story representing mechanics because these disturb my pew pew gameplay right?” Whith the offline healing i cannot run for bitcoins with a hatchet for free like before to get rich and have all the guns I want to play carelessly and just pew pew right?

And please: all this comments about what is realistic and what not, to after comment if you die you should uninstall the game is soooo childish, just to pretend you have an argument and are the most clever person in planet rebating that realism argument... don’t do this to yourself, for your own good.

cheers

Edited by Arzzet
Add stuff

ukALex93
7 hours ago, Arzzet said:

come on guys! nobody knows what is this game about? Nobody has read anything about? I bet many of you only bought a game that looks cool to pew pew, play a cool shooter but don’t give a d**k about what is the motto of the game, sure many even didn’t read is a game in developement... who cares if you can shoot a little and kill people right? “Hey buddy I paid xx bucks for that. Gimme maps to play and players to kill and levels to rise and that’s all right?” “Get rid of the cool inmersive and story representing mechanics because these disturb my pew pew gameplay right?” Whith the offline healing i cannot run for bitcoins with a hatchet for free like before to get rich and have all the guns I want to play carelessly and just pew pew right?

You sure are making a lot of assumptions there buddy! My argument is not against rpg/survival elements. My argument is that out of raid healing is not enjoyable gameplay, it is just extra clicking for the sake of it. Do you enjoy it?