Ben36

Tarkov not launching

Ben36

I can open the launcher fine, but when I click play the game icon loads and it says I am in game but theres a blue spinning circle and no screen ever opens. I can’t click off of anything and I’m forced to restart my pc. Please help. Already tried running game as administrator and reinstalling BSG launcher.

Brandon_Fitz

I'm having this same issue and it's really frustrating. Can't find any info... nikita pls help

boY665

Same issue here, I reinstalled the game and it worked fine, but when I closed it and opened it again the next day, I still had the problem.

granularclouds

Having the same problem. Really frustrating as I only just got the game a couple days ago and have really fell in love with it, but am unable to play. Restarting my computer did the trick a few times but for some reason, I've tried like five times in a row tonight and each time I get the spinning blue circle and an unresponsive, unstarted Tarkov session that I can't close in task manager (have to restart or shut down just as OP said).

If this many of us are having such a game-breaking issue, there really has to be some acknowledgement.

Ben36

FIX: May not work for some people, but I just spam clicked where Tarkov opens at the bottom of the screen ( like the application bar) and I could click it fast enough to get the screeb to come up and tarkov to load.

jamiemcananey

I'm also having this issue. It all started last night when I was trying to play the game. The launcher works fine but as soon as I press the play button it gives me the blue circle going round and round. tried to wait a few minutes to see if that does anything but it doesn't. I thought it was just me so I left it until today and still nothing. Can't access anything else on my pc either, task manager doesn't work so I have to restart the whole thing. I've just deleted the game and going to re-install it to see if that does anything to get it working. 

Ben36
54 minutes ago, jamiemcananey said:

I'm also having this issue. It all started last night when I was trying to play the game. The launcher works fine but as soon as I press the play button it gives me the blue circle going round and round. tried to wait a few minutes to see if that does anything but it doesn't. I thought it was just me so I left it until today and still nothing. Can't access anything else on my pc either, task manager doesn't work so I have to restart the whole thing. I've just deleted the game and going to re-install it to see if that does anything to get it working. 

Try the fix above your original post I commented one

Overl0rd

I want to play the game but this bug sucks.

Im excited what the support will answer me.

What are your specs. i have a gtx 1060. i7-7700HQ, 16gb RAM and the latest geforece driver.

Windows is 1809...

RetroRex

I have the same problem.  The only thing that made it work ONCE was to re-install the game.  After I quit the game and tried to play again I was back to the same issue (blue circle, can't click on anything).   It really sucks not being able to progress while the patch is new. I hope an upcoming patch fixes this soon. 

Narblove

I had the same problem and nothing was working for me. The only thing I had to do was go into the settings on the launcher and go to the drop down that says "When I Launch The Game" and select "Keep the launcher window open". Hope this helps someone. 

BaconSniper

I have had this problem as well, First I would recommend you update EVERYTHING from your windows to your video card make sure everything is running on the latest version. Second thing I did was get CCleaner and clean the junk out of your system, don't for get to do your registry as well. (it is separate) . There you will find a lot of missing links ect. Third thing I do is re- install the game, I have even re- installed windows. This problem only happens with Tarkov, no other game gives me problems. It is a problem on their side but you can do everything I mentioned to help as much as you can. I have had success will all the things above and I hope it helps you as well.

cthompson011

Fix: ctrl del and then sign out and back in

Olleczek
On 11/13/2019 at 4:44 PM, Narblove said:

I had the same problem and nothing was working for me. The only thing I had to do was go into the settings on the launcher and go to the drop down that says "When I Launch The Game" and select "Keep the launcher window open". Hope this helps someone. 

HOLY poo!!!!!  After not being able to play for a month I tried this and it actually worked!

robinary

Hey,

What worked for me:

1. Go to C/Battlestate Games/EFT(live) or where game's folder is
2. Right click EscapeFromTarkov.exe > Propriety > Compatibility > "Execute this program with..." Select Windows 8. And check "Execute this program as an administrator"
3. Apply
4. Enjoy!
5. Run your game from the launcher

And.. sorry for my relative English!

Darioo

friend of me has the same problem. He's getting pretty frustrated.... some help anyone?

laurencebanks

i have this issue with the blue circle and the only way round it i found was to

click the arrow under my name in the launcher

then manually  do a integrity check 

then start the game.

this seems to solve it most but not all the time

APonce911

I had the issue today, closed the two escape from tarkov processes on CMD . When launched again , it worked.

From Google:

Kill a process using Taskkill

Open the command prompt as the current user or as Administrator.

Type tasklist to see the list of running processes and their PIDs. ...

To kill a process by its PID, type the command: taskkill /F /PID pid_number.

To kill a process by its name, type the command taskkill /IM "process name" /F.

JRiedy85

I have this issue every day. If you click play in the launcher the cursor starts spinning and the game never launches and then it freezes your computer and you have to physically shut it down and start back up. I found a temporary fix that works for me. When the launcher comes up, before you hit play go to that drop down menu on the right and click on integrity check or check integrity of files. I cant remember what it says. But then it takes a couple minutes and runs through the integrity check. Then click play and it works fine.

THExSNEAKxKING

I have this same issue every day I try to launch and it locks up my computer forcing me to restart. I'll get in maybe once every 8+ times. 

sutsc

Hi everyone, still occurs. Does anyone solved the problem? 

fsellies

I get around this problem by pressing Control ALT Delete and Logging out, then I reload the game and it works.

Edited by fsellies
  • Like 1