Sign in to follow this  
JJamie

Instantly gain 10-15 FPS. no troll

JJamie

There seems to be a bug with the in game graphic settings, because in order to do this little trick all you need to do is open the graphic settings, and click save. do this every time you start tarkov. boom done.

i heard about how people were gaining 10 fps or so by changing their shadow quality to ultra, from whatever they had it at, and i did it myself and it worked. wowwowwow. unfortunately under numerous other testing changing my shadow quality literally had zero effect on GPU usage or FPS viewed. however i close and open my EFT game constantly throughout the day and just noticed a very inconsistent FPS throughout different times.

i've spent days trying to go over every single combination of setting possible in order to fully optimize my graphics for my computer with the best gpu usage to fps ratio. i have my settings set perfect (for me) now but i kept noticing drops in my fps throughout the day. i was finally able to put 2 and 2 together and thought what you had to do every time you started tarkov was to change the shadow setting. a handful of tests later and i can confirm you don't need to change the shadow quality, but you do need to open the graphics options and just click save in order to apply your setting once again.

so, again, every time you start/restart tarkov, just open the graphic setting and click Save. you should notice a boost in FPS if you were the type to just open the game and start a raid immediately and never open the options menu

p4nnus
On 11/4/2019 at 11:55 PM, JJamie said:

There seems to be a bug with the in game graphic settings, because in order to do this little trick all you need to do is open the graphic settings, and click save. do this every time you start tarkov. boom done.

i heard about how people were gaining 10 fps or so by changing their shadow quality to ultra, from whatever they had it at, and i did it myself and it worked. wowwowwow. unfortunately under numerous other testing changing my shadow quality literally had zero effect on GPU usage or FPS viewed. however i close and open my EFT game constantly throughout the day and just noticed a very inconsistent FPS throughout different times.

i've spent days trying to go over every single combination of setting possible in order to fully optimize my graphics for my computer with the best gpu usage to fps ratio. i have my settings set perfect (for me) now but i kept noticing drops in my fps throughout the day. i was finally able to put 2 and 2 together and thought what you had to do every time you started tarkov was to change the shadow setting. a handful of tests later and i can confirm you don't need to change the shadow quality, but you do need to open the graphics options and just click save in order to apply your setting once again.

so, again, every time you start/restart tarkov, just open the graphic setting and click Save. you should notice a boost in FPS if you were the type to just open the game and start a raid immediately and never open the options menu

I will try this for sure! Im playing on a toaster so anything that helps will do.

Theres a lot of memory leaking in EFT, that causes the frames go down when theres a prolonged session. Its a good idea to restart the game every few raids. I will try this as well, maybe it helps even more.

BrandonS101

Yeah I have noticed that also, very nice

30 minutes ago, p4nnus said:

I will try this for sure! Im playing on a toaster so anything that helps will do.

Theres a lot of memory leaking in EFT, that causes the frames go down when theres a prolonged session. Its a good idea to restart the game every few raids. I will try this as well, maybe it helps even more.

I thought they fixed the memory leaks, also doesn't the auto clear ram setting help fix that?

p4nnus
1 hour ago, BrandonS101 said:

Yeah I have noticed that also, very nice

I thought they fixed the memory leaks, also doesn't the auto clear ram setting help fix that?

I feel like they havent, but as I said, Im playing on a toaster (gtx960, i5 4690k). Im gonna try to check how it is..

BrandonS101
9 hours ago, p4nnus said:

I feel like they havent, but as I said, Im playing on a toaster (gtx960, i5 4690k). Im gonna try to check how it is..

Let me know if it works

keepa34
On 12/7/2019 at 9:25 PM, p4nnus said:

Does your CPU hit 100 frequently when entering a raid? 

p4nnus
On 12/8/2019 at 6:45 AM, BrandonS101 said:

Let me know if it works

I will, but I keep forgetting. Tomorrow!

7 hours ago, keepa34 said:

Does your CPU hit 100 frequently when entering a raid? 

Not sure but I dont think so. Whenever I look it doesnt but I dont have a real time monitoring software installed ATM. Howcome?

keepa34
On 12/9/2019 at 10:33 PM, p4nnus said:

I will, but I keep forgetting. Tomorrow!

Not sure but I dont think so. Whenever I look it doesnt but I dont have a real time monitoring software installed ATM. Howcome?

I have same cpu and it has now started stuttering. I never used to before so was just wondering if you experience the same issues