GrindSultan

Settings = Stream Problems?!

GrindSultan

First off, lets talk settings. You need to have a window pop up when  ever you hover over any of the game settings explaing what they are and do. Just having things to select from is alone not enough nor much help if one is ignorant to what certain settings do or mean. Now, that being said let me talk about this settings first it is under the game tab and the settings I am wanting defined is this one for starters. What is set pocess affinity to logical cores? Please explain this fully in detail. This now brings me to the second part of my title of this post. Streaming, my streamlabs settings have no problem with dropping frames any any other of my games what so ever. I have a top tier machine and most of my games are graphically heavy and all set on ultra settings. Your game however, drops frams no matter what I try in streamlabs. Could this settings I ask you about just now be the cause of my stream software droppoing frames? Otherwise besides a few in game bugs (maps not loading, escape button not registering) I love your game. As a streamer though, the dropped frames is not an option & optimazation is paramount. For shits and giggles I attached my graphic settings also. Thank you

2019-11-04[17-51] (0).png

2019-11-04[17-53] (0).png

sYs

Well at least you are getting it to run. New game settings update is making me feel weird.

+ keeps killing my OBS, geforce experience ( bye shadow play and highlights ) on launch, closing open folder on launch and destroying my vlc player on launch. 

What's your CPU/GPU/RAM?

If you are streaming  from the same pc you are playing on than drop the shadow quality to lowest and range to 40 meters. 

If you have 16gb ram and you stream from the same pc change textures to high+texture streaming

Edited by sYs

sYs

try mine if you are in the mood. I'm getting 70-136 fps depending on the load of the server. ( limits removed in ini) 

eft_set_sys.png

Edited by sYs

Eqlibrium
On 11/5/2019 at 2:54 AM, sYs said:

( limits removed in ini) 

Limits removed in ini?

Can recommend you to try out nvidia freestyle "sharpening" instead of only using unity's. It will improve image quality quite allot. Im using a combination of both since they seem to work in different ways. But im really hate the blurriness this game has always had, and i found ingame sharpening to be a disappointment. 

Also, shadow quality dosent seem to affect fps allot, im not 100% if this is still valid. But i still feel medium or high runs about the same as low. In some cases i feel high runs better for some weird reason. Atm i run high, i dont remember distance but its not the lowest.

Lod quality. I run mine at 2.5 or at times 3. Dont nitice much difference between 2 and 2.5.

Overall visibility is also a setting you could probably bump up without much performance impact.

Hbao on low, has some impact. But not much on low.

Anisotropic filtering i would change to per texture. This has a weird amount of impact on performance in this game. So using per texture you can most likely use higher setting on something thats more visual striking.

Im running the game on a 2080, 4k downscaled to 75%. For some reason i still have issues in native 4k, even with much lower settings than i use now. I hope this will improve in the future because sharpness i get in 4k is from another world compared to now.

2019-11-06[19-39]_(0).png

Edited by Eqlibrium

Shaktimaan

@sYs @GrindSultan

If you plan on streaming/recording from the same PC which you use to play Tarkov, I suggest you exit the fullscreen mode and go into borderless windowed mode.

GrindSultan

I left it in fullscreen and figured it out myself. Things are going great now. Minus the lack of information still on what everything means and does exactly in the settings on this game. Thanks.