Cooldown time to play as Scav

Cooldown time to play as Scav?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Cooldown time to play as Scav should be?

• 10 Minutes
    • 15 Minutes
    • 20 Minutes

Cooldown time to play as Scav actually is set in 20 minutes.

Considering Tarkov is a hardcore game, and many times wi will have our stash with almost nothing, isn´t 20 minutes too much time of cooldown for playing as Scav?

I think 10 minutes is a very reasonable time.

JoJo_Reaper
17 minutes ago, Rioku said:

Cooldown time to play as Scav actually is set in 20 minutes.

Considering Tarkov is a hardcore game, and many times wi will have our stash with almost nothing, isn´t 20 minutes too much time of cooldown for playing as Scav?

I think 10 minutes is a very reasonable time.

If your average raid time is above 20 minutes, then 20 min Scav timer isn't an issue. 

I think 20 minutes is fine, if you include a good 2-3 minutes to get geared up for a raid, relaunch something to craft in your hideout, another 2-3 minutes (and that's if you're lucky) to actually get into a raid. 

You're left with 15-ish minutes to simply not die quickly...which is easy to do on all maps except maybe Factory...but if you're running Factory, it's usually for a few runs in a row as PMC, not just one (either for a quest, few grind raids, or just to lose some gear taking up too much stash space). 

This, in turn, enables the rotation of Scav-PMC-Scav-PMC-etc... IMO.

Poriomania

I think 20 minutes is too little. You are supposed to play PMC. And yes, you are supposed to go out only partially geared if you do not have the money for a full setup. Go, loot, bring the money back. Scav should be an additional dish on top of the game, not as a main means of income or gameplay.

20 minutes is set on purpose, you are supposed to decrease that time using hideout upgrades (down to 10 minutes). I think you should've investigated that before posting. 

• Like 1
RoosterBooster_

As someone that scavs almost on cooldown I would love to see the timer increased even more. So I am forced to actually make good progress on my PMC instead of wasting good killing rounds and loot exp on a scav body.

• Upvote 1
GhostZ69

I think it should be a half hour or even an hour.  Scav is not supposed to be a free loot train rolling in every ten minutes.  It is supposed to allow you to change your playstyle up and get some gear if you are down low.  I know that is probably an unpopular opinion but it is mine.

• Upvote 1

I voted 10 minutes but I want to change my vote to 20 minutes.
It's better 20 because that way people play with more head and more calm.
If we turn the time down this would become a cod.
I've been talking to a friend and he's right, so it encourages you to learn more to play and make better decisions, 10 minutes is a mistake.
20 minutes is perfect and if you improve the shelter and reduce the time, when you get to that you are supposed to be a better player and play more pmc.
I can't change my vote on the slope but I prefer 20 minutes and it makes a lot of sense.
A greeting

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Edited by ddarko-
  • 1 year later...