Sign in to follow this  
s0thasyl

Scav cooldown is extremely restrictive for new players

s0thasyl

New to the game, and just trying to learn the basic mechanics. Getting enough gear to keep my PMC playable is hard enough being solo vs squads, dealing with crazy scav AI aimbot, PMC healing between losses, crashes resulting in a loss of all gear, and just generally being a scrub. 

Really love the game so far, but I honestly just want to play it without sitting around waiting for a timer. Feels like mechanics from a questionable mobile game at best.

Forien

And I on the other hand miss times when scav timer was 60 minutes. Or at least 30. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

s0thasyl

What real purpose does the scav timer serve? I find it hard to believe it's an abusable system with how atrocious the given loadouts are.

Cyric

Well, we all started somewhere and honestly this game was never friendly enough to new players. Sadly, but it is what it is. I started playing two years ago and after that wipe I have zero in my wallet and a sorry-ass survival rate of 8%. It is what it is. Play more and get good or die trying, no one is going to make it easier for us. 

3 минуты назад, s0thasyl сказал:

What real purpose does the scav timer serve? I find it hard to believe it's an abusable system with how atrocious the given loadouts are.

It was somewhat abusable when it was 5 minutes. Sometimes your scav spawns with equipment worth 50-80k. Considering you don't need to fight most of the time and can safely leave it created abundance of gear. Today we have to use flea market more if we want to get more money. Or just browse to learn the most worthy places to loot, head there as a scav and then extract with some stuff. This game has too steep of a learning curve. 

Edited by Cyric

s0thasyl

Sounds like they could lower the timer back to 10 minutes and restrict scav item value, either by capping it low or having merchants buy scav starting items for next to nothing. 

sYs
30 minutes ago, Forien said:

And I on the other hand miss times when scav timer was 60 minutes. Or at least 30. 

Would UPVOTE but im out of reactions.

Good old days eh!? EFT has become more casual from those days. 

d10sk0ur01

I disagree, the game is hard, I am totally new, but if u love to play play the game, otherwise play casuals non games that are designed for anybody. This trend today has destroyed game. You do not learn nothing, just aim at become someone on socials. Instead enjoy the game, learn and try to get headshots. If you are interested well, otherwise it doesn't mean that the game has to become easy because you don't wanna learn how to play and enjoy learning. If the game becomes easy like Hunt Showdown I will open a lawsuit. This game is Hardcore good design not commercial mass design...

The timer idea is actually great:

when they will develop "HIDEOUT STATUS\STANDING" the timer will mean "how much it takes for a new PMC with a random level to knock at your door"... scavs will always be launchable and timers is good since you have high chance to bring that loot back... Especially the more experienced you become.

If people want eveyrthing immediately they will destroy this game\ not understanding what this is about.

There are tons of things they need to implement: right now we have a dissonance "the PMC is dead" but it's not. The safe container is connected to a technology with "3d printing"? Ok.. it's handholding but a nice narrative connected to a 3d printing we have in the hideout would make sense... The more advanced stuff we have the more type of things we could carry.

They need also to developo gamification around the safe container: people should be able to drill\ grind\ blow torch or also (MINIGAME) hack the container to get the items... the items will be anyway "insured" as they are 3d printed at home from the beginning of the match for the victim that dies.

They have clearly all this in mind.

I am very good at reading ppl minds with powerful intuition I have but I really hope they won't betray us with casual\commercial mass trends destroying the game quality with "pseudo accessbility" naive push.

Edited by d10sk0ur01

Poriomania

There is no need to run SCAV at all to keep the PMC going. The items you bring in your secure container is more than enough for multiple heals even at failed extractions.

stAKato

New players should not outdo scav runs. 

If you want to progress, you'll have to improve your skills like vitality, endurance and others. These won't upgrade with scavs runs

Akoomaz

Honestly contemplating ditching this game, It was hard enough to even get a single weapon for my PMC using scav. The new Cooldown is just making thing way to tedious. I spent 2 hours doing scav runs (including the cooldown timer) and came out with an ak and a few meds. 

Even before the patch I had 80 hrs and still was using AK scav pick ups and other crap that I got as scav. I'm barely able to play at the moment. 

Yukari_Akiyama
10 minutes ago, Akoomaz said:

Honestly contemplating ditching this game, It was hard enough to even get a single weapon for my PMC using scav. The new Cooldown is just making thing way to tedious. I spent 2 hours doing scav runs (including the cooldown timer) and came out with an ak and a few meds. 

Even before the patch I had 80 hrs and still was using AK scav pick ups and other crap that I got as scav. I'm barely able to play at the moment. 

If you’re having a hard time use maps where your scav can bail safely. Interchange night is a safe bet unless you go looking for trouble at the Kiba Arms store.

Divine_Suasage

I feel you here. Between the Scav timer and pay to heal the game feels a bit... lame. 

As a lower level player I tend to enjoy Scav runs more than I do PMC as I don't have the money for mega-gear yet. I've just finished a round on factory and encountered a guy in who-knows-wut armour but 7 hits from an SKS below 25 metres 6 in centre mass and 1 to the head he just blaps me. 

I know it's meant to be a team game but when my mates aren't around I should be able to just jump in and Scav all I want to not risk my gear that I'm saving for my team games. 

FREEZED

usually players takes just pistol and go with pmc, it is as effective as scav run, you lose about 20k so making that amount back by stuffing items to secure container is pretty easy. It sure can make you stats look bad but those are just stats which has no meaning at all.

p4nnus
On 11/5/2019 at 3:45 PM, s0thasyl said:

New to the game, and just trying to learn the basic mechanics. Getting enough gear to keep my PMC playable is hard enough being solo vs squads, dealing with crazy scav AI aimbot, PMC healing between losses, crashes resulting in a loss of all gear, and just generally being a scrub. 

Really love the game so far, but I honestly just want to play it without sitting around waiting for a timer. Feels like mechanics from a questionable mobile game at best.

I agree with @Forien, the game played out much better when the scav timer was an hour. The scav raid was meaningful, you actually played it carefully and respected the chance of getting to raid with 0 risk. The game is about risk vs reward in an unforgiving setting, after all. Its also meant to be hard, with a steep and tall learning curve. Once you get over the difficulties of the initial beginning, you will feel much better about the game.

On 11/5/2019 at 3:48 PM, s0thasyl said:

It is abusable and against the core idea of EFT. It takes away from the unforgiveness, makes the game more easy, makes acquiring loot too easy, allows people to play the game like a deathmatch etc. 

On 12/3/2019 at 3:34 AM, Akoomaz said:

You will get there eventually. If you lack skills in basic FPS stuff like aiming and shooting, movement etc, you should go do some offline raids against scavs to improve yourself. Also, you should probably play more slowly and avoid contact as you dont know how skilled or geared the other players are. I also highly recommend raiding in a squad, thats the way the game is meant to be played and it has huge advantages!

On 12/3/2019 at 3:47 AM, Divine_Suasage said:

I feel you here. Between the Scav timer and pay to heal the game feels a bit... lame. 

As a lower level player I tend to enjoy Scav runs more than I do PMC as I don't have the money for mega-gear yet. I've just finished a round on factory and encountered a guy in who-knows-wut armour but 7 hits from an SKS below 25 metres 6 in centre mass and 1 to the head he just blaps me. 

I know it's meant to be a team game but when my mates aren't around I should be able to just jump in and Scav all I want to not risk my gear that I'm saving for my team games. 

You dont need megagear to survive or to do well. You just need to adjust your playing to your gear. With megagear you can kinda be a little more careless and reckless, IF you know what youre doing. With lesser gear, damn with just a mosin, you need to do ambushes, move slowly, clear areas really carefully and avoid 1vs1 (or more) pvp combat. A mosin with a basic armor vest ft some meds is all you need to clear out a raid entirely if you just play it correctly.

Seems like you got the game wrong: you are not meant to be able to just "jump in and scav" all you want. Im really hoping and actually pretty sure that the scav timer will be increased. Its probably so low just to stress test the servers or sth, I cant find any logical reason why its been lowered to so low. It doesnt fit the game. EFT already plays like DM at popular hours, as theres so many scavs with pretty high-end weapons as well. 

Trust me, it was way better when the timer was an hour. If you want a game that lets you play without risking anything all the time, you should switch to another game. EFT is only gonna get more unforgiving and punishing, this has been clear for a long time if youve listened to BSG podcasts etc.

Edited by p4nnus
typo
  • Sad 1

Scionti

Scav timer is what? 15 minutes with lvl 1 intel? That's fine the way it is.

kebman

Working as intended. :D While scav runs are a welcome way to fix your economy, it's balaned pretty well IMHO. Perhaps they can even turn off XP with the scavs to further incentivise using the PMC. Yes it's really scary to run as a PMC, but then that's exactly what makes this game so exciting.

I'm saying this as a brand new player, btw. Man, I'll be completely honest with you. Sometimes I just end up hiding in a bush out of pure angst. 

IMHO they should also turn off the ability to put new items into the gamma container. If it was up to me, it would be only for stuff that you bring into the raid, such as food and other perishables, excluding certain OP items such as IR cameras. That way the game stops being a race to get to the goodies first, and instead the game it was intended to be: A tactical shooter where you have to successfully protect the loot you find in order to win.