Jump to content
Shrapnel223

Hate hatchlings? Delete flea market.

Recommended Posts

Shrapnel223

Don't complain about hatchlings and then go list crap on the flea market without a second thought. 

This war on hatchlings is as destructive and stupid as the war on weed.

If hatchlings go then so can the f'ing flea market.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Poriomania

Flea market is not the cause of hatchlings. No barrier to looting causes hatchlings. Have AI scavs guard better loot spots and youll turn hatchlings into low gear stalkers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cyric

Well I've said it before and I will say it again - The whole money and inflation crap in Trakov works to tone the lore and survival elements of the game down and dilute them. Even developers indirectly confirmed that by introducing "found in raid" tag so less grindy fetch quests could be completed via flea market.

I can hardly imagine situation in locked down besieged area in which people accumulate millions of rubles and dozens of thousands of dollars, especially through flea market. Money will be rare and mostly useless item as nobody knows if they can live another day to spend the money. Real barter would step in. If you want cigarettes (a real currency in such circumstance!) you don't care if people traded for them or looted them from a dead scavenger. You just take it. Same is for food and everything. 

I do understand the flea market concept and I do admit it is a convenient way to do money. But honestly this works against the lore and common sense. And it's only there because developers created economy directly tied to actual money, not to barter. Unfortunately, flea market will stay the same, it will not be removed, I'm 100% sure. This game has too few of a working concepts to allow community to tolerate such a cut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cman1337

Hatchlings decreased since Flea Market found it's way into Tarkov and since the Scav Timer is so low. I'm meeting way less hatchlings than back in 0.8 or 0.9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CharlieChop

as someone that just started playing, i found myself doing hatchling runs because i cant afford any other geared run or the quests are giving it to me hard. when i do start as a hatching i never quit, and focus my efforts in looking for a gun. i know most of you guys hate us, but tbh, what else can we do to level up? its taken me almost 2 weeks to reach level 14, and most of that is thanks to hatching runs doing quests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zyfer

Even if i was level 40, i'd still to hatchling runs, YOU ARE NOT GONNA STOP ME!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cyric

I have nothing against hatchlings, and honestly, I haven't meet a single one for ages. Well, may be just one since the last wipe. On Woods map. 

I would suggest you do as many scav runs as possible. That will allow you to learn the ropes and especially how weapons work with no risk. It also helps to play offline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoJo_Reaper
3 minutes ago, Zyfer said:

Even if i was level 40, i'd still to hatchling runs, YOU ARE NOT GONNA STOP ME!

I hear they have their own internal class/structure:

 

You all start off as a [Warrior Hatchling].

If you kill your first Scav you are promoted to the rank of: [Elite Hatchling]

When you've killed your first PMC, you are promoted to [Master Hatchling]. 

The final level, you must complete a Factory run wearing Fort & Altyn, killing at least 2 players, to earn the title of [Grandmaster Hatchling]

  • Hot 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeavo

I agree you can't have player driven market without getting people who farm it and will find the minimum risk to do so. The profit incentive is too huge. If you then try to correct the issue by raising the difficulty level you frustrate more people actually trying to play the game than farmers driving even more players to buy their gear off the farmers market.

Also the more frustrating the grind more lucrative it is for these farmers to sell their wares through 3rd party websites for cash.

Edited by Yeavo
addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonesskill

So, instead of making hatchet runs just make a group and go to a raid.

5 people groups are almost risk free gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RonBuan
7 hours ago, CharlieChop said:

as someone that just started playing, i found myself doing hatchling runs because i cant afford any other geared run or the quests are giving it to me hard. when i do start as a hatching i never quit, and focus my efforts in looking for a gun. i know most of you guys hate us, but tbh, what else can we do to level up? its taken me almost 2 weeks to reach level 14, and most of that is thanks to hatching runs doing quests.

Dont listen to this guy. Your fine. Hatchet runs are fine when you dont have gear. The people that hes complaining about I can only assume are the hatchlings that run around with keys and get expensive items and put them in there secure container and then get blasted. Leaving the victor with no loot and the hatchling with a pouch with high value items. With quests the way they are currently I find it refreshing to be able to get a pistol kill against a player that only has a hatchet. That's a win for me. I also find it nice to run into hatchlings trying to survive and have the option to help them or kill them. 

Ain't nothing wrong with a lil bit of hatchet to get gear. And if you can hit people it's a great way to get some strength points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RonBuan
11 minutes ago, jonesskill said:

So, instead of making hatchet runs just make a group and go to a raid.

5 people groups are almost risk free gameplay.

The more people in your group.. the more opportunities for mistakes to be made if your members do not have good awareness. It's hard to find members that won't end up killing you on accident when startled, or diving on loot before everyone else and getting killed, or blocking you in a firefight by standing to close etc. 

If you can find a good group that's great. But I'd recommend playing with one person first and learning how to do before adding more people to the mix. Just my 2 cents I guess.

But regardless some people are still broke and need to go on hatchet runs. Being in a group can alleviate this.. say if one person can bring a gun or if one takes fire as the other member flanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonesskill

Dont matter your opinion, group play indeed grant people a no-loss playstyle.

Yeah, you can acidentally shoot in your teammates, but what is the real consequences? you will just need to get the loot and hide some place.

If you die another braindead of your team will pick and drop your things, so you will recover it;

Factory for instance, 6 player slots, a team with 5 players and you just dominate the map your team can be the worst team on the face of the earth.

But this extends to every map, since the max PMC per map is 12 if i am not wrong.

Tarkov in group is just tarkov in the EASY mode, Almost 0 Risks, You can Go with your best GEAR, bets backpack, best weapon ETC, and if you die you lose nothing. Made for the Nutella Generation.

"A Solo player can wipe a SQUAD" - True, but put that in math and you will see that is only 1-2% of the encounters, is something that rare that when it happens people BRAG, and probably will make about it, or even talk on discord: "Just wiped a squad... LOL"

While SOLO players need to calculate if they can use that backpack, that armor, that weapon - Because they know if they die, 100% sure they will lose the stuff.

If a am a RMT (real money trader) on tarkov propably i will have team with good people to play with me to make the money/gear to sell, much easier and i can profit in every RAID.

Last wipe i don`t have played in the start for that reason i belived on what you guys said about hatchings, now on this wipe i am "trying" to play since day 1 and i can say for SURE: i JUST SEE 2 or 3 Hatchlings, and i am at raid 143 NOW, online for 523 hours this wipe.

While a hachtling can have only the safe container of stuff, a team can have 5-3 FULL PMCS of loot/raid.
They are saturating the market and ruining the economy, not the hatchlings.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RonBuan
3 minutes ago, jonesskill said:

Dont matter your opinion, group play indeed grant people a no-loss playstyle.

Yeah, you can acidentally shoot in your teammates, but what is the real consequences? you will just need to get the loot and hide some place.

If you die another braindead of your team will pick and drop your things, so you will recover it;

Factory for instance, 6 player slots, a team with 5 players and you just dominate the map your team can be the worst team on the face of the earth.

But this extends to every map, since the max PMC per map is 12 if i am not wrong.

Tarkov in group is just tarkov in the EASY mode, Almost 0 Risks, You can Go with your best GEAR, bets backpack, best weapon ETC, and if you die you lose nothing. Made for the Nutella Generation.

"A Solo player can wipe a SQUAD" - True, but put that in math and you will see that is only 1-2% of the encounters, is something that rare that when it happens people BRAG, and probably will make about it, or even talk on discord: "Just wiped a squad... LOL"

While SOLO players need to calculate if they can use that backpack, that armor, that weapon - Because they know if they die, 100% sure they will lose the stuff.

If a am a RMT (real money trader) on tarkov propably i will have team with good people to play with me to make the money/gear to sell, much easier and i can profit in every RAID.

Last wipe i don`t have played in the start for that reason i belived on what you guys said about hatchings, now on this wipe i am "trying" to play since day 1 and i can say for SURE: i JUST SEE 2 or 3 Hatchlings, and i am at raid 143 NOW, online for 523 hours this wipe.

While a hachtling can have only the safe container of stuff, a team can have 5-3 FULL PMCS of loot/raid.
They are saturating the market and ruining the economy, not the hatchlings.



 

Join a group then my guy. Sounds like you got it all figured out. How bout some pics of your fat stache you got since you know group play is so easy.

Been with people that have gotten us all killed, been with people that saved me. It's all a mix of luck and training.

Your bullpoo about people being able to carry our your gear if you die is funny too. If they chose to loot your gear they could die, keep it, or simply not have enough room if more than one person died / is lootable.

Hatchet runs will always be a think as long as there is melee. The flea market isnt even related but I sure as hell dont think its gon a punish the hatchlings by removing it.

Careful what you wish for I guess. 

Good luck out there. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LoginTaken

Tired of hatchlings ?

Give them your gear when you see them then.

But wait, you will become a hatchling then.

Funny how that works. Its almost as if obtaining equipment is fundamental aspect of this game. But if you drop what you have you don't get it back. Its almost like saying  its purely luck based. Funny how someone with luck, complains and condemns those without.

Edited by LoginTaken
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the3rdgrave
On 11/8/2019 at 3:35 AM, Shrapnel223 said:

Don't complain about hatchlings and then go list crap on the flea market without a second thought. 

This war on hatchlings is as destructive and stupid as the war on weed.

If hatchlings go then so can the f'ing flea market.

What's your problem with the flea market and how do you explain that hatchlings existed before flea market released?

Edited by the3rdgrave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheHappyMile
vor 23 Stunden schrieb CharlieChop:

as someone that just started playing, i found myself doing hatchling runs because i cant afford any other geared run or the quests are giving it to me hard. when i do start as a hatching i never quit, and focus my efforts in looking for a gun. i know most of you guys hate us, but tbh, what else can we do to level up? its taken me almost 2 weeks to reach level 14, and most of that is thanks to hatching runs doing quests.

everyone can play as they like. no sane person "hates" hatchlings.

As someone who used to do hatchet-runs when I was a noob - one tipp: Bring a makarov. it costs you a bit of money, yes. insure it - most people probably won't loot it. get the money you need through your secure container.

with a makrov you're suddenly able to kill probably everything. especailly scav's. it will increase your loot-output and you're not defensless.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shrapnel223
On 11/9/2019 at 2:21 AM, CharlieChop said:

as someone that just started playing, i found myself doing hatchling runs because i cant afford any other geared run or the quests are giving it to me hard. when i do start as a hatching i never quit, and focus my efforts in looking for a gun. i know most of you guys hate us, but tbh, what else can we do to level up? its taken me almost 2 weeks to reach level 14, and most of that is thanks to hatching runs doing quests.

This. I'm one of the few people that have sympathy for hatchlings. The only ones bitching about them are no lifers that can play 24/7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LoginTaken
2 hours ago, Shrapnel223 said:

This. I'm one of the few people that have sympathy for hatchlings. The only ones bitching about them are no lifers that can play 24/7

Damn right.

No life : "Hatchlings are stupid, why can't they just reach level 80 like the rest of us and buy the best poo with the infinite money we all have."

Regular people: "Find in raid....now I gotta fight the no lifes that camp the location. Why am I playing this again ?"

 

Hatchlings are a important aspect of the game. If not for hatchlings people would stop playing. Then all the no-lifes can fight each other, and cutie about hacks instead of hatchlings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sleava

@Shrapnel223, @LoginTaken

I don't have a problem with people who are broke or short on cash. My issue is that a large number of hatchlings have plenty of cash, but just run to say, resort, loot all the best rooms, and then grenade themselves. Rinse and repeat. They do this because it's quicker than running in, and then trying to fight out. If they grabbed a mosin and a cheap backpack, and then tried to extract (every other aspect of the strategy kept), things would be fine.

To be fair, if you have a keytool with 7 mil worth of keys, you don't need to do hatchet runs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LoginTaken
9 minutes ago, sleava said:

@Shrapnel223, @LoginTaken

I don't have a problem with people who are broke or short on cash. My issue is that a large number of hatchlings have plenty of cash, but just run to say, resort, loot all the best rooms, and then grenade themselves. Rinse and repeat. They do this because it's quicker than running in, and then trying to fight out. If they grabbed a mosin and a cheap backpack, and then tried to extract (every other aspect of the strategy kept), things would be fine.

To be fair, if you have a keytool with 7 mil worth of keys, you don't need to do hatchet runs.

Buddy, I've spent the last 4 hours trying to get the gold lighter from customs. Every-time I am killed by some try-hard in max gear camping the door. Regardless if I have equipment or not, at my level, I am dead. The only way I can get equipment that will give me a fighting chance. Is to spend a ludicrous amount of money on the market. Or I can try and level up the traders. Which in order to do I need to complete a quest. I am going to keep doing hatchet runs till I get lucky, actually maybe I will just play something else. Something that respects my time and obligations. I wanted and was advertised a game, not a army simulation with "Game" added in.

Look I like the idea behind this game, I enjoy the looting system, damage system, health system, food/water system. I like how combat is intense (if you survive the first shot) and variety of equipment you have but....

I am really finding it hard to take any enjoyment out of this game. Every victory is not one of "Yeah that was fun" but "Finally I'm done with that quest and don't have to keep playing on that seal clubbing map."

The game feels more like a chore than a enjoyable game. If you play this game off and on like me. Cause you have work and other obligations. You are at a severe disadvantage. You have limited access to gear that other players who play more frequently, have unlimited amount of. In order to catch up, you must play non-stop. Then again you still need to succeed. If you do die, you now need to wait 30-60 minutes before you can play. Or you can spend 10k-30k on meds/supplies. Which seems rather wasteful considering you made no money and have just lost 200k worth of gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sleava

@LoginTaken

Again, I'll restate my position. I have nothing against people who hatchling because they are low on cash and gear. My problem is (and I know people who do this) are people who have plenty of money and gear, but decide to run with stims to all the best loot locations, gamma the best items, and then nade themselves. It involves no skill, and is a literal cancer to the game: it's on par with flea market bots. It's not about playing a game, its about minimizing the amount of time you need to spend on the map to get an item.

I'll agree that this patch has been especially harsh. That being said, I will tip you off on something: most quests are way easier to beat if you do them at night. Going to customs in daytime has like an 80% fatality rate. 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LoginTaken
5 minutes ago, sleava said:

@LoginTaken

Again, I'll restate my position. I have nothing against people who hatchling because they are low on cash and gear. My problem is (and I know people who do this) are people who have plenty of money and gear, but decide to run with stims to all the best loot locations, gamma the best items, and then nade themselves. It involves no skill, and is a literal cancer to the game: it's on par with flea market bots. It's not about playing a game, its about minimizing the amount of time you need to spend on the map to get an item.

I'll agree that this patch has been especially harsh. That being said, I will tip you off on something: most quests are way easier to beat if you do them at night. Going to customs in daytime has like an 80% fatality rate. 


 

I appreciate the advice. But I've been playing at night....

 

Look if the problem is with hatchetlings running to high payoff areas. Give those areas a higher scav spawn rate. If you need a 3mil key to open the door, you should need to push/sneak pass scavs.

They've already done something similar to this by adding in scav bosses.

 

Also, secure containers are nearly unusable unless you have one of the two larger ones that come with different editions.

Hell I just want the next best container, but I need Peacekeeper to be level 4. That will take me months. A 2x2 is almost pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shrapnel223
5 hours ago, LoginTaken said:

Regular people: "Find in raid....now I gotta fight the no lifes that camp the location. Why am I playing this again ?"

lol this so bad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BESK

Why not add some more AI around the popular loot spots. Then you have to have more gear than just the hatchet in order  to get in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2