Frantic

Poll: Vehicles in Tarkov.

Working Vehicles in Tarkov.  

673 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need working vehicles in Tarkov?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I don't know yet.
    • Who the hell wants vehicles in 16sq.km map?

On 28/01/2016 at 4:15 AM, TheSnikers said:

@trainfender already answered in RU section that chances that vehicles will be added is 10%. 

watch the development videos. they have had a working vehicle build since pre-closed alpha availability.
*for anyone late to the party only reading from page 1*

Edited by SucoVidya
  • Upvote 1

Alright since RPGS's  and alike will be implemented in the game, chances for a small vehicles system are there...but i really really doubt it since it isnt the purpose of the game.

I'm certain maps were made not in mind for vehicles and that's why we'll never see them. Plus I think it's great as it is from perspective of travelling around, since the game will kinda feature "fast-travel" system by going to lobby.

if cars will be in the game, it will be rare, and as we all know a car is a ducking weapon by itself! you can not jump like in dayz to ducking avoid it, it will be unfair to those that dont have a car, this game doesnt need vehicles! this is about survival and tactical game, not king of the kill kind of bullshit!

well imo no but lootable cars busses and trucks would be nice like back seat trunk engine room glovecompartment loot could be mostly stuff like food broken phones jewlery loose money car battery naturally maybe even a basic pistol in the glovecompartment or a mag and some loose rounds some meds  a gymbag in the trunk shades military trucks could have mil spec ammo and mods meds unfinished guns tac vest helmet military body armour nvgs a cop car could have a bullet proof vest a pistol ammo mags or a shotgun in the trunk

there is generally far to little loot to go around and the loot that is there is far from valuable

I have yet to read all the comments but I'm going to just throw this out there.

I've played a lot of DayZ, Miscreated, H1Z1, and so on. Those are all great games that have vehicles, but in every single one the vehicles seem clunky and glitchy and just promote driving around like idiots trying to run people over, there's hardly a sense of "Oh poo I could easily lose this." Arma II DayZ did vehicles the best in my opinion (mainly because they had the most work done on them from the arma team), these vehicles would move slow offroad but fast on pavement, plus popping a tire was extremely easy and replacing that tire took time, not just a quick drag and drop BS.

I know people hate walking simulators and Twitch gamers need vehicles to keep the gameplay interesting, but unless they're one of the main focuses, and not just a little side thing, then it won't work out. Vehicles need as much time dedicated as character creation and map design combine to seem realistic. 

Absolutely yes! but it has to be thought through, you can't just put vehicles on a small map, because it would ruin the game. It needs a lot bigger maps for vehicles and also harder modes and long timer. Also it should have different game modes, add vehicles, but also add new game modes.

I like the idea of vehicles and freedom in any game, but it must be well balanced. for example if someone gets a kill, takes some stuff and then just drives to extraction .. it would be bit lame. It's JUST AN EXAMPLE of balance, but perhaps do it so that if you travel more than 10 meters in a vehicle (in case you accidently enter the vehicle and don't want to drive), then you have to wait until you have only 10 mins left to extract, or maybe even 5. so it would eliminate the idea of players just getting 1 kill and driving for exit, instead they are forced to wait it out.

Normally, I'm a vehicles guy, but this game appears to be meticulously crafted by caring devs. They put detail and care into seemingly everything.  Not all player/user pushed ideas end up being bad for a game (take planets in Space Engineers for example), its usually the user suggestions that get rushed into the game that end up being terrible (meaning, something that gets added in without thought to balance or overall game feel). I feel that if vehicles should be added to the game, it should be on the devs time table since I want this game to remain beautiful and balanced. 

Now, on a different note, if this dev team made a different (but similar in style) game with high amounts of vehicle use in mind, I would buy it in a heartbeat since this team seems to know how to really follow through with a game and its mechanics. They could even use many of the assets and mechanics of this one.  

5 minutes ago, UncleDark said:

@Rday473... good job with necro. This is year old discussion you dug up.

You're criticising someone for using the search function correctly, instead of them opening a new thread about a topic which already has a thread open for it?

2 hours ago, Condough said:

this game can barely handle players sprinting

My thoughts exactly.  This game isn't even stable enough to properly handle 15 players and some AI on a Battlefield 4 sized map. The chances of having vehicles should be nil.

Given the way the maps are set up, all the clutter, the infantry-only chokepoints...

how would vehicles even work? We get RPG's so i'm not against AI vehicles of some kind (eg: HIND/KA50's circling you in the city perhaps, or a LAV or APC of some kind that can roll around) but having some silly Mad Max-esque environment where you rock up to a border of a new entry and there's 50 Lada's scattered over the place?

Where do you put them?

How do you repair them?

How do you refuel them?

It's just silly and i hope it won't happen. Maps aren't built for it and it isn't in line with the gameplay.

Also: XXXsqkm is useless to state as a figure if 90% of it is pockmarked with impenetrable obstacles.

Edited by qS_Sachiel
  • Like 1

1. I don't think we need them

2. It would be better if the dev team stays focused on the gameplay at this time and not try to do many different projects simultaneously, sacrificing time from bug/various issues fixing