hermanJnr

How long did it take you to get comfy with staying till the end of raid?

hermanJnr

2 week player here.

I'm finding most of my raids are Factory Blitzkriegs where I just run in, shoot a scav or PMC, grab some gear and get out ASAP. Rarely if ever have I had the nerve to simply stay and continue looting and clearing the map like these crazy good streamers.

For the veterans out there, did you ever get good enough to clear a map like this fully, or do you still prefer fast raids? Which strategy is better, do you think?

Quietly1510

The important thing to remember is player-scav timers. When player scavs start spawning in you have to be careful again, until they can no longer spawn.

BMFer

I base my level of crazyness on how much money I have left, if I have over a million R then I will usually stick around and try and get as many kills as I can but if my bank is a little low I will kill a person or two and just get out with the gear.

Sormano
11 hours ago, Quietly1510 said:

The important thing to remember is player-scav timers. When player scavs start spawning in you have to be careful again, until they can no longer spawn.

Could you elaborate for this new player on what the player-scav timers are?

hermanJnr
1 hour ago, Sormano said:

Could you elaborate for this new player on what the player-scav timers are?

Basically Scavs spawn into the map at the beginning (sometimes anyway) and then after a certain amount of time and/or a certain amount of PMC players have extracted, players spawn as Scavs in addition to the AI ones in the next wave of Scavs that spawn.

Several waves spawn over the course of the game and from mid-raid onwards these waves often have players coming in as Scavs. Obviously this is more dangerous than AI Scavs.

I'm not entirely sure of the actual timings, though.

Poriomania

You can know scavs spawn when the game freezes for a second because apparently this is server-side freeze during spawning.

Around a week into the game i realized that taking it slow usually nets better results than blitzkriegs do.

• Upvote 1

DrMauro

I agree with the comment above, lately I've been taking my time, going in careful and engaging in a more thought through way and I've found two things: 1 is I net better results (get killed less times) than when I used to get in, loot or kill really fast and try to rush to extract. 2 if I do this as a scav it gives enough time for my pmc to heal almost fully if not fully. Do take into account scav times as they spawn again between 30-20 mins left (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong but that's the time I usually start seeing them or spawn in if I'm scav), and expect other people to try to extract with you at the same time but then again being as prepared as possible and thinking it through should get you out most of the time. It took me a year btw to get to this point, that was my learning curve

Bed3viL

I normally play till the last few minutes of a raid. My group and I play pretty slow, and we check/loot EVERYTHING.  Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't.  What I do know for sure, greed gets you killed more often then not.

Ne0x

In my experience, taking it slow does net better results. Most blitzkrieg players leave a whole lot of loot lying around so, lots of stuff is up for grabs.

At the same time, the longer you stay, the more risk you are in being ganked. Don't forget that every engagement is chipping away at your armor, which will leave you vulnerable in firefights in the late game.

The best games I've had so far are those which I play with friends. We will grab a "high loot" location and cover each other while looting, and we don't let anyone near the place.

So if you are feeling intimidated and find that you rush things, try hooking up with some mates or go into a raid with nothing, and try dodge and weave your way through players and scavs without dying for as long as you can. At some point, you will get confident enough to stay longer while looting slower.

As for the answer to your original question: how long it took to get comfy? Depending on my objective for the raid (could be looting for items to sell, or just killing scavs and other players) I tend to stay short for raids where i want to get out with my bag full of goodies to sell. Raids where i go for fights, i usually just stay until I die to grab as much xp as i can (from fights).

It took me a few days to get comfy. (its just digital stuff, and making money is not that hard in the game)

Edited by Ne0x

Vodor
On 11/10/2019 at 1:13 AM, BMFer said:

I base my level of crazyness on how much money I have left, if I have over a million R then I will usually stick around and try and get as many kills as I can but if my bank is a little low I will kill a person or two and just get out with the gear.

I’m pretty much this too, generally happens a month into the new patch where I’m comfy with my income and expected loss.