Jmclma

Extraction campers, what do you think of them?

Jmclma

What is everones thought on extraction campers? I just ran into this video of a guy camping Gate 3 extraction with his 2 buddies while playing player scav, and when someone went up to the extraction they prefired the corner that everyone sits in, and they proceed to call him a hacker. I left a comment on the video and I wanted to know what people still think of this, is it really a viable strat? shouldn't he take the free gear from player scav and try to explore the maps and get better at the game? (He is also clearly playing on a different server but it could be to play with his friends).

Im also new here so I don't know if I can post this sort of stuff, I did a quick read of the rules and didn't see anything that prohibited this type of stuff. But if im wrong please let me know and I will take this down asap, or maybe a moderator might even delete it. If im wrong, im sorry.

CharlieChop

is it valid, yea of course. does it have solutions ? definitely. a simple Zarya wouldve screwed all of em.

they are still little b's =D especially when they do it with their homies.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

hermanJnr

I don't think it's bad if they've literally just run to the exit and they hear someone running to it after them like 20 seconds later so they wait and shoot them.

It's annoying when people rush to exit and just sit there for 35 minutes though. To me that is lame behaviour and borderline exploit-y.

I'm thinking of always taking a frag on Factory now just so I can blow up any idiot in the final Gate 3 room.

Perhaps the most irritating thing is when you're playing Scav and you kill a geared PMC only for some other Scav to camp the exit and plug you.

Wurfy

I think anyone who exit camps is a despicable human being.

You're just ruining everyone else's fun while - let's face it - not having much of it yourself either unless what you actually enjoy is simply knowing that you made someone else angry in which case you should get your head treated. Preferably with some #00 buckshot.

I dislike maps which only have one extract. Like Shoreline. Yeah, there MIGHT be Rock Passage or the boat, maybe CCP Temp. But really you know very well everyone and their mother will have to extract through Road to Customs or Tunnel.

Luckily I haven't had much issues with exit campers in this patch so far (only one time I got killed near Tunnel).

Jmclma

From what im reading, you guys seem to think the same way as me, I think its really lame and I can't imagine how fun this is, but the guy in that video responded to my comments and said he has fun doing this stuff. I have no idea how.

Hamm

they are terrible players. and for anyone who says its ok.....youre a bad player aswell 

• Hot 2

hellspawn25

exit camper are little rats - without skill to play the game. BUT I had my last exit camper about one year ago - so its not really a big problem imho.

Edited by hellspawn25

SHO-SHIN

re exit camping, viable strategy IMO. I do it on occasion with mixed results................................I really do nt understand why other players feel it's an issue, it's in the game, it's legit.

Granted it also doesn't seem to happen much in EFT.

LoginTaken

Scum. Complete and utter scum.

No skill, no tactics. Just laziness.

Phoenixsui

I never get camped unless i was very loud near the exit. Then its not camping. They would wait for me anywhere on the map if i announce myself very clearly.

On factory i think we just have to calculate a guy in gate 3.

I was doing the 5 Mosin kills under 15m yesterday in 4 hours on factory and 3 of those kills were made, camping the office room. I blame the task for it ^^. I even left the one guys gear back, because it just felt so wrong and lame.

But what can i do as a avarage guy in aiming skills and beeing forced to use the worst gun for cqc in cqc. I even lost lvl 5 bodyarmor and helmet since after first shot is no chance if his buddy pushes. Couldn’t even switch to the other gun in time.

Its sometimes camping or bringing a lame setup into raid for weeks and hoping for the easy kill.

hermanJnr

Finished a Factory run earlier and blitzed straight into the first Gate 3 room to find a naked with an MP5 crouched behind the blue container like a little crab.

Ran round and headshot him as he tried to turn around, found two dogtags on his body that told me he’d been camping there for 20 minutes.

It’s always fun to ruin a camper’s day, that’s the plus side of them haha. Quite often you can just rush them and they’ve been sitting there so long they’ve dozed off and can’t react quick enough.

(I took the MP5 and sold it purely so he wouldn’t get it on insurance)

Edited by hermanJnr

daviocanyon

You know what's actually annoying? Getting gear in reserve and get killed by fully geared guy with altyn suppressed m4 at the hermetic door :D

Factory is a very small map and each corner should pose a threat. I haven't been camped gate3 for a while tho. 
It last happened twice in a day on Reserve hermetic door.

Yeah, those players are most likely cowards, but they survive in the end.

GreekAndProud7

@daviocanyon well let me tell you my story of being a cheeky player-scav killing glukhar and his buddies, got so happy and got almost all the loot and run so fast towards CP wall extraction when i saw that 2 guys with hks and killa armor where staying prone right above that and was waiting for players to pass by...that was a sad day

Edited by GreekAndProud7

daviocanyon
2 minutes ago, GreekAndProud7 said:

@daviocanyon well let me tell you my story of being a cheeky player-scav killing glukhar and his buddies, got so happy and got almost all the loot and run so fast towards CP wall extraction when i saw that 2 guys with hks and killa armor where staying prone right above that and was waiting for players to pass by...that was a sad day

That sucks :Pindeed. I've seen lots of highly geared players that play super passive and camping all day long. Most of them beside camping, lack alot of different skills tho. 

• Like 1

SpeedyGonzales

@GreekAndProud7 yeah thats fucked but happens all the time ;). I only hate it when the exits got camped really, so when they in gate3 or in the bunker of customs and waiting for your soul. 

Some days ago i was looking at a streamer who camped the gate3 with his mates, i told her its a bad habit and i got banned and they told me thats the best strat. hehehe. ducking noobs.

But the good thing is you can kill most of the exitcampers, only got problems when 3-5 mates with altyn etc camp the poo out of it.

Edited by SpeedyGonzales
  • Like 1

GreekAndProud7

@SpeedyGonzales   it is the best strat i would say when you hear someone and wait for him to pass by you, not wait in the extraction points for people to come with loot and you finish them

TheHappyMile

Last time I died to an "exit camper" was in the early days of the 0.11 wipe on factory.

If someone want's to spend their time waiting in an exit for some loot, let them do. I "earn" more by doing 2 scav-runs in those 30 minutes. Neverless it's a valid way of playing.

1337cookie

I shoot at that wall on my way out every time if you hear someone hurting then it's a fight. It's dirty to camp the extracts but I guess that's just part of life. I know i cant be bothered waiting at an extract for 20+ mins, if that's how someone wants to spend their time then whatever, I applaud their patience. Always check camper spots and bring grenades I reckon.

k3rm0r

Honestly i dont see a problem in camping, be it extract or not. And to be fair. In order for you to know it is camping you must have also been camping and watching them. Just the reason they are at a place when you go there does not make them a camper.

If i hear someone, i might setup so i can pick them off when they go around a corner that they have too.. Does that make me a camper? 

tobiassolem

Exit camping is a problem, but I don't see it as an invalid tactic.

It is a problem because there are too few viable exits on certain maps (Factory and Interchange to name two). This makes it too predictable for an exit camper to do his deed.

But I do not see camping nor exit camping as anything but a way to maximize success. Everyone camps in this game. For example, if you see someone enter a small building, and you stay outside and wait for him to return - to kill him while he exits. You are a camper. But not "camping" in this situation is just stupid. You risk him coming and shooting you later in the game.

Xarc
12 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

It is a problem because there are too few viable exits on certain maps

This.

Wurfy
8 hours ago, SHO-SHIN said:

I really do nt understand why other players feel it's an issue

I can choose to avoid basically every situation where I might get camped. There could be someone waiting for me in any room on Shoreline but it was my choice to go to the Resort. I might get clapped going to that big radar dome on Reserve but that's only because I chose to go there. The river in the middle of Customs can be crossed in four different places and you can effectively only camp one at a time, maybe two if you're a good shot.

But I can't choose not to go through the Tunnel extract. Maybe I'll get lucky with one of the other extracts but that's rare enough that I don't really even bother trying at this point unless it's really, really early in the game. Fact of the matter is, I have to go through Tunnel. On Reserve it's a little better as there are two viable PMC extracts but the main one is still the manhole cover. I don't really have a second choice unless I have really decent gear and I'm willing to take my chances with the train. On Customs I only have ZB-1011 in practical terms. Again, other options may be available early-game but really I'll have to go through ZB-1011 most of the time.

Point is: if I walk into an ambush elsewhere, it's because I went somewhere I shouldn't have gone. If I'd made better decisions and paid more attention, I'd have lived. But if you're exit camping, you're ambushing me in a place I can't choose not to go to. In other words, I literally can not do anything at all to avoid the ambush, I have to fight it out.

This isn't a problem if you're bad at hiding and have cheap gear, I can see you in advance and take you out. But if you're good enough at hiding that you can't be seen from far away or you have armor that I can't penetrate, I'm going to die. It's not something I can remedy with tactics either - if you can hide at least decently well then you will always see or hear me before I see you. And if I have a PP-19 with Pst ammo in it, I can't fight you and your Altyn.

And don't tell me to just "carry that one extra grenade". I'm gonna use it up in a fight, most likely. There's no point in keeping a grenade for the extract if saving it gets me killed in an earlier fight.

Bottom line, it's a tactic that might make it completely impossible for me to win. That's why it's so despicable.

MrKrake

Well I was just killed by dush called LidlSweden at one of the interchange exit just before the timer ran out.
o idea where he was or anything but I really really think that people should be put to death when they shooting people that are getting "out".

edit:
I'm not seeing this as a huge problem atm but I could change depending on when they see an opportunity at the exits. To counter this I would remove the exit timer and make a "gate" that if you go trough it then your out. No sitting and waiting.

Edited by MrKrake
more text

SHO-SHIN
16 hours ago, Wurfy said:

Bottom line, it's a tactic that might make it completely impossible for me to win. That's why it's so despicable.

I do see where your coming from mate, but isn't the answer to clear your exit and extract?

EFT can be brutal, there's so many situations which could be considered unfair and really it's just down to strategy, playstyle, skill and a bit of luck right?

I certainly do not camp exits regulary but I would if I felt it's the right thing to do that round or I just fancied it. I'm also ok if someone else is doing it - not that it's happened to me this wipe that I can remember and I have done 50ish raids as PMC and likley 40 as Scav.

DrMauro

It does suck when it happens back to back but at the same time I don't think you can ever take for granted anything is safe in tarkov, both gameplay wise and lore wise. The times I've died and they are plenty while extracting it's because I should have been more careful and cleared the area more thoroughly. Not to mention sometimes you find people not camping but actually trying to extract right before you/after you so your guard should always be up. Can it get annoying? a bit. Is it invalid? Ehh not really, as valid as waiting for a guy to come out of a building or waiting on a rock to snipe someone out.