Sign in to follow this  
d10sk0ur01

I just had a blast - Night\Rain at dawn...

d10sk0ur01

I thought I had almost seen it all in a few 20 hours gameplay. Bought the game 2 weeks ago.
I am not gonna develop eveyrthing grinding like a mad boy\girl, but I had this thing to do for Prapor: I went in with the scav profile, no keys as they were needed (unfortunately game lore is very loose so one has to go on the internet to find what is x cabin or what is what, no signals even in cirillic are in the game map really... but hey, I said, with my wardrobe almost full, let's do it. I see this guy with cowboy hat and m153 shotgun (maybe the highest velocity one).. let's try, let's go at night... it was just few mintues ago...

So I go in and this is what I find in front of me, grey dawn, it's 5 am already after I click and I say.. since I can't orient myself yet very well in this "labyrinthic" map, let's go on the other side of the river, I think the red ware house I need to go to is there, the sound is just amazing, the weather seems to protect your movememnt but an enemy or a mad Scav might decide to shoot you anytime... but you just go with the flow...

Well I encountered around 4 enemies and got them all but the rain made me feel at home, (btw here it's raining too), there are thunders and even if it's risky I decided to play and still to write this, even if magnetic stuff can damage the pc and is damaging it for sure somehow...

I really like the bad weather with lightining ... in the clouds.. I think they nailed this. Even the AI seems pissed off for the weather, other seems to like it like me, maybe AI has a soul?
I just don't know, what I know is that this game when it rains at dawn is TOOOOP.

Thanks for this particular experience. I could not not say that this is a very unique experience. Keep up the good work with hardcore and realism, please stay away from semplifications and handholding, arcade and spossibo balshoi!

Oh.. of course I did not complete nothing for Propor, but sincerely I do not care... it was cool anyway.

2019-11-12[21-56]_136.8, 2.6, -22.3_0.0, -0.9, 0.0, -0.5 (0).png

2019-11-12[22-15]_235.2, 3.0, 201.2_0.0, 1.0, -0.1, -0.2 (0).png

2019-11-12[22-19] (0).png

Edited by d10sk0ur01
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

LoginTaken

This game has beautiful graphics in regard to weather. There are only a few noticeable problems. (Such as the sound of rain drowning out everything, despite being in the parking garage on interchange for example. Also rain in buildings as-well).

Otherwise only know of one other game that had such depth.

d10sk0ur01

I really like Rain in general, and playing with the rain in a game, done like this, in such a "survival game".. limiting sounds, creating other constraints and what not.. it's just amazing.  Surely as this is just early beta, in the next 2 - 3 years of development they will optimize it... I haven't noticed much.. maybe because I focus on Factory and Customs (just a newbie..) not interested in seeing too much also because all efforts will be deleted as this is just testing...

Edited by d10sk0ur01

AdhesiveTeflon

It sounds like there's a category 5 hurricane every time there's rain.

lastchancegamin

Good to see you enjoying the game

kutoff

I actually love when the weather gets bad in Tarkov, I can't hear over coms unless you shout. When the fog gets so intense it covers you from potential snipers and adds an eerie feeling to every raid. Really makes one of those unique raids you remember.

d10sk0ur01

Category 5? Really? Where do u live? Oh .. or u want to have that arcade handholding experience maybe  with promts and Ui appearing everywhere. . sorry but that's not me. Sorry for being so strong but those "quick and superficial assumptions" unfortunately commented everywhere tend to actually shape the community and development of games towards a non simulated, non challenging, non immersive experience over time and that "sarcasm" non sarcasm at the end tends to confuse the entire process steering it towards a Copycat\reskin of Halflife\csgo experience ...

Edited by d10sk0ur01