Sign in to follow this  
Valaska

Dehydration has gone insane

Valaska

Holy carp, PMC's are thirstier than gosh darn cod! If I needed to drink as often as you do in Tarkov, when I was in the service, we'd need to have a freaking water truck following us on any march. Seriously what is the idea with this? Dehydration has gone completely insane. You should have to drink at most once every 20-30 minutes. And yes I get that a lot of raids are only that long but, it's just not fun or realistic. So what is the point of dehydration being this punishing? It's gotten ridiculous.

It neither serves FUN or REALISM at this point. BSG, please, guys, come on. Fix this ASAP.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

hermanJnr

It’s also silly that it kills you so fast. Not drinking for 25 minutes is more harmful to your health than a 7.62 through the stomach.

Ne0x

IMO it is kinda over the top.

If the game had an open world where you could go hours on end  it would make more sense.
Now its just something tedious.

That said  I dont really have any issues with my dehydration i just drink and eat before every raid.

volker93

I agree that it's pretty over the top with the amount of dehydration and energy drain, however I do like the idea of actually making it necessary to pick up drinks/food in raid. Just needs to be balanced out a bit. I don't think a PMC would be keeling over at 40 minutes of not having a drink, but I applaud the idea they're trying to implement for food and drink.

• Like 1

LoginTaken

Its rather ridiculous.

• Sad 1

RonBuan
On 11/13/2019 at 5:47 AM, Ne0x said:

If the game had an open world

Well that is what they plan on doing... soo...  lol

Sa_PT

Particularly weird when you are in the rain...

AdhesiveTeflon

Depends, are we going by our time or the game time?  Remember, the day/night cycle in the game is much faster than the real world so if we take into account of the in-game time, the dehydration makes sense.  Dehydration now is annoying though, I do agree on that.

• Like 1

Vodor

It’s not really annoying so to speak, it’s only just becoming a factor in the game. It was never an issue before unless you got a blacked out stomach.

Remember you have to eat and drink between raids too :) 

N0PEY0UDIE

OK, I have to say it again..

THIS GAME IS NOT REALISTIC

It is immersive. Weapons skins are about as far as realism goes with Tarkov. Realism is boring. You can go two days without dying from water...do you want a 2 day raid? 

Its there so you have another game mechanic to worry about, another thing to consider. It works perfectly fine, there are drinks and food everywhere on every map. It will most likely be changed again as this game is still a BETA. 

N0PEY0UDIE
18 hours ago, LoginTaken said:

Its rather ridiculous.

Sure, 

But getting shot and slapping a bandage on with an instant fix is OK

Taking Ibuprofen makes a broken leg walk able again

The timing of the day twice the speed as normal

doing surgery on your own limbs

carrying 4 times your bodyweight

hiding things in your secret pocket ;)

Fitting loads of guns into a box, which then fits into another box with 10 more boxes inside that, then putting that into a backpack and sprinting across the map

All of those are fine, but having to eat and drink to live!!! what madness.. 

Edited by quango2k
  • Cold 1
  • Sad 2

LoginTaken
8 hours ago, quango2k said:

Sure, 

But getting shot and slapping a bandage on with an instant fix is OK

Taking Ibuprofen makes a broken leg walk able again

The timing of the day twice the speed as normal

doing surgery on your own limbs

carrying 4 times your bodyweight

hiding things in your secret pocket ;)

Fitting loads of guns into a box, which then fits into another box with 10 more boxes inside that, then putting that into a backpack and sprinting across the map

All of those are fine, but having to eat and drink to live!!! what madness.. 

You do realize that you are hurting your own argument right ?

No one is talking about removing eating and drinking. If you spent a minute reading the discussion you would have realized that.

The issues is with drain speed. It is too fast, and the argument that its for maintaining "realism" you have already pointed out that the game will never be completely real. After all its a game.

Adding in/increasing the inconvenience the player experiences, to the point of borderline unrealistic, in order to play the game, is not a improvement.

They already did all they needed by making food only trade-able items and water a limited purchase. There was no reason to increase the speed at which you lose water/food.

Edited by LoginTaken