vekongmaster

When you kill a "Bad" Player-Scav, AI Scavs should not attack your Scav.

Agree on this?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Agree on this?

• Yup!
    • Nope!

vekongmaster

Dear BSG Devs and EFT Community,

Sometimes when I play as a Scav (especially in Factory), I usually come across other Player-Scavs. They will go shooting at me and trying to rob my stuffs. I have no choice but to kill them to defend my Scav. And then all the AI Scavs will mark me as the bad guy and start hunting me down. That's kinda pain in the *ss.

There should be an in-game mechanic where all "bad" Player-Scavs are allowed to be killed by the "good" Player-Scavs. So AI Scavs won't mark the "Good" Player-Scavs as the "Bad" Player-Scavs.

Just my 2 cent....

Of course when I play as a Scav, I always avoid confrontation with other Scavs. I only loot dead bodies in Factory and get the hell out right away lol 

Damn, it's hard to be a Scav right now lol Plus the fact that now PMC has civilian cloths which makes it harder to distinguish them from Scavs.

Thanks in advance,

-Vekongmaster-

PardTheTroll

Depends!

If you kill a rogue Scav, whom the other Scavs (bots) "saw" going rogue, then sure. Would make sense.

If you kill a rogue Scav, who killed a Scav on the other side of the map, but you (lets say) somehow knew that he did it, then no. Why should they? As they didn't "know". 

This would keep it immersive/realistic. But, yeah ... basically I am for it!

Poriomania

They dont if the bad scav has hit you first. Otherwise the AI has no way of knowing.

vekongmaster
On 11/14/2019 at 6:14 AM, PardTheTroll said:

Depends!

If you kill a rogue Scav, whom the other Scavs (bots) "saw" going rogue, then sure. Would make sense.

If you kill a rogue Scav, who killed a Scav on the other side of the map, but you (lets say) somehow knew that he did it, then no. Why should they? As they didn't "know". 

This would keep it immersive/realistic. But, yeah ... basically I am for it!

Dear @PardTheTroll,

Exactly like you said.

The AI-Scavs should mark the "Rogue" Player-Scavs whom they "saw" going rogue.

If they don't see the Player-Scavs going rogue, then they don't mark them as "Rogue" Scavs :D 

Right now, all nearby AI-Scavs somehow can notice "Rogue" Player-Scavs without seeing them going Rogue. They only hear the gunshots and suddenly they just know which one is the "Rogue" Player-Scavs. This needs some changing for realism.

• Upvote 1

Mostly_Harmless

Some kind of karma system based over 'X' no. of scav runs might help here (I'm sure something like this was suggested before). For example, if over the last 10 scav runs I killed scavs in 8 of those 10 runs, then my scav character receives a "Bad" karma tag and AI is automatically aggressive towards my scav character (I'm guessing there's a scav 'WhatsApp' group or something where they keep themselves informed! 😉).

As it was mentioned, it is difficult to put in code for "intent" (player scav was trying to kill me but missed all his shots so I killed him instead etc.). But over a big enough set of runs, a general view can be taken, i.e this player scav killed at least 1 AI scavs over the last 'X' runs so their chance of a scav spawn with just a PM pistol is increased accordingly for eg.

Then either a cool down timer or 'X' number of raids with good behaviour gets you back into the Neutral/Good karma tag.

You could expand on benefits/penalties such as better spawn locations, starting gear etc. (eg. Good karma gets you a better chance of FAL scav whose spawns in middle of friendly AI scavs etc.). Damn, maybe a super good karma puts you in as a scav boss's guard (would have to be rare chance of course)

vekongmaster
On 11/19/2019 at 6:46 PM, Mostly_Harmless said:

Some kind of karma system based over 'X' no. of scav runs might help here (I'm sure something like this was suggested before). For example, if over the last 10 scav runs I killed scavs in 8 of those 10 runs, then my scav character receives a "Bad" karma tag and AI is automatically aggressive towards my scav character (I'm guessing there's a scav 'WhatsApp' group or something where they keep themselves informed! 😉).

As it was mentioned, it is difficult to put in code for "intent" (player scav was trying to kill me but missed all his shots so I killed him instead etc.). But over a big enough set of runs, a general view can be taken, i.e this player scav killed at least 1 AI scavs over the last 'X' runs so their chance of a scav spawn with just a PM pistol is increased accordingly for eg.

Then either a cool down timer or 'X' number of raids with good behaviour gets you back into the Neutral/Good karma tag.

You could expand on benefits/penalties such as better spawn locations, starting gear etc. (eg. Good karma gets you a better chance of FAL scav whose spawns in middle of friendly AI scavs etc.). Damn, maybe a super good karma puts you in as a scav boss's guard (would have to be rare chance of course)

Dear @Mostly_Harmless,

Yeah totally agree, mate! Karma System for Scav Players would be a very damn good idea ^_^ 

The more we do "Scav on Scav Violence", the worse gears your scav will spawn with.

The better you behave with your Scav, the better gears your scav will spawn with.

Right now, Scav's gears are pure RNG which kinda sucks. 

Zipzip

It's a good idea, but would be super hard to code into the AI. You can't program reason into code, that is something that only humans are able to. How would you program f.ex. you defending yourself against a player that hasn't hit you but is trying to? (Well Zipzip they would just go rouge if they shoot near your right?) No. Take the same example, but say a player was behind you and the scav player was trying to defend you and shoots over your shoulder. That would make him rogue as he is now shooting "towards you".

I do love the idea of having reputation as a Scav, that would be awesome. Also some kind of point system, that rewards you for scavenging and not just running to extract. (Getting rewarded for playing as the Scav is intented to be played)

Edited by Zipzip

au8ust

This is just ridiculous the more I play scav. There's a raid I accidentally left click so my scav fired a bullet at the ground. Then suddenly all AI Scavs started shooting at me WTF... I didn't even hit him.