SlavesWrath

What's the point of making pmc wounded after killed

SlavesWrath

I genuinely do not understand why would you need to heal your own pmc after gettin killed, why add such unnecessary financial burden when it has no impact on the gameplay but to make people wait for the recovery or pay for the me. Also why would  you extend the waiting time for the scav, the only way to make money when you have no gear in your pmc. it just frustrating to have to wait for the slow recovery or the scav to come back. 

hermanJnr

It's a countermeasure, IMO, for the Hatchlings all over the place who just run in with melee and grab all the loot, shove it in their Secure Container and then die.

Now they at least have to pay medical bills for doing that. It's kind of stupid otherwise that getting shot up isn't a big deal, but losing a gun is. Would you worry more about the bullet in your lung or the rifle you dropped on the floor?

Hatchling loot runs are already OP from a risk-reward view tbh, it's quite common to find some Hatchling on Factory or Lab has eaten all the good loot before geared players have even got to that part of the map. It's good they at least have to pay med bills for cheesing the game like this.

I think a better solution would be to up the number of scavs at the start of a game. This would deter Hatchling runs further and actually protect the good loot on maps.

As for Scav timer, again, it's good that it's longer now IMO. Scav is not supposed to be your main character. It's also not supposed to be a free loot mode where you just walk to the exit and get a ton of free stuff, which is what a lot of players do. If you're running out of money completely on PMC you're doing something wrong.

Edited by hermanJnr

SlavesWrath

This game has such a big learning curve and it just way too harsh on new players, you don't even learn or improve , you just die

Cman1337
vor 22 Minuten schrieb SlavesWrath:

This game has such a big learning curve and it just way too harsh on new players, you don't even learn or improve , you just die

You learn and improve by dying. It's a hardcore game, it shouldn't be designed to please casuals or give new players advantage.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Akeelagi
2 hours ago, hermanJnr said:

It's a countermeasure, IMO, for the Hatchlings all over the place who just run in with melee and grab all the loot, shove it in their Secure Container and then die.

Now they at least have to pay medical bills for doing that. It's kind of stupid otherwise that getting shot up isn't a big deal, but losing a gun is. Would you worry more about the bullet in your lung or the rifle you dropped on the floor?

Hatchling loot runs are already OP from a risk-reward view tbh, it's quite common to find some Hatchling on Factory or Lab has eaten all the good loot before geared players have even got to that part of the map. It's good they at least have to pay med bills for cheesing the game like this.

I think a better solution would be to up the number of scavs at the start of a game. This would deter Hatchling runs further and actually protect the good loot on maps.

As for Scav timer, again, it's good that it's longer now IMO. Scav is not supposed to be your main character. It's also not supposed to be a free loot mode where you just walk to the exit and get a ton of free stuff, which is what a lot of players do. If you're running out of money completely on PMC you're doing something wrong.

to me it doesn't hurt hatchlings at all, i personally will do a hatchet run and die, then go right back in. why buy meds if its more than likely going to happen again. i think the main purpose was to act as a money sink and to try to slow the pace of the game down. do i agree with that. no but i think that was the intent 

• Like 1

MjsticBluFalcon

This new mechanic is definitely not a deterrent against hatchling raids. Like the other guy I just go right back in if I die. If BSG really wanted to stop hatchling raids then they would implement a mechanic to prevent players from doing them, but I don't think they'll do that. I agree that it was probably an attempt to "slow the game down, just a lil bit." Cookies to the first person who can tell me where that quoted meme came from.

rustyneedle_uk
On 11/14/2019 at 12:07 PM, Cman1337 said:

You learn and improve by dying. It's a hardcore game, it shouldn't be designed to please casuals or give new players advantage.

Love this.

The system bring further consequence to dying in raid. This should hopefully deter Hatchlings and people who just yolo. I think Nikita's aim is to make the gameplay slow and tactical, (which i again really want) rewarding those people who make good combat or survival decisions. Rather than  the call of duty BS meta from last patch. Every action such have consequences from what water you drink for diseases and illness. To  using sterile items or not cleaning a wound out properly would result in getting an infection. Meaning you have to go search for anti-antibiotics or suffer some hefty de buffs.

IMO Everything they do to make this game, more hardcore the more i love it.And best way to deter hatchlings, is to make it harder to gain loot without skill. If a guy can sneak into and out of a combat zone  and get his stuff. I applaud him. Crack on. I myself love rag to riches runs.

But running from spawn to a room, securing loot into secure container then hitting DC is BS.

Make high level loot areas Guarded in some way so you need to clear an area or hold it for a certain time before being given access.  IE unlock KIBA store. Alarm sounds alerting players scav ect but inner door is magnetically locked for 3 to four mins until emergency batteries run out. Then alarm goes off and door releases.

This would make it a lot harder for hatchlings to gain loot without gear.

Edited by rustyneedle_uk
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

pzjk

Returning player here and I get the scav downtime, but PMC downtime is... why?

Gotta say 2-3 games per hour suits me OK ish..  I guess...

Play scav -> PMC -> Scav -> afk for episode of whatever your watching (if you die) and repeat. Eventhough I find things to do... I gotta say I dont get the PMC downtime.

PS. The hardcore aspect that the above poster is talkin' about is valid if you ask me, but I fear that it deters players away from the game. Players like me. Starts to feel like I should only play the few rounds and not invest any more than that per day as cooldowns are quite overwheling/long. Love the game though. The oldschool MMO feel (dransik).. ahh love it. Too bad I cant stay in the game after few games as I find better things to do...

Edited by pzjk
  • Sad 1

Razzoriel

Restoring your thorax+stomach HP is cheap. If you are that desperate, buy an AI-5, restore those two, go again, rush to a med case in-map and pray for a medical item. 

JackChan_2
On 11/14/2019 at 11:30 AM, hermanJnr said:

Then just remove the secure container. I'd much rather lose an unrealistic game mechanic that lets players shove away the good items they get, in place of lowering scav cooldown times and taking away this stupid oor healing mechanic. This really ended up ruining the game for me. I got to level 58 last wipe, and had a great time. This wipe is absolutely boring and it feels almost like a mobile game.

GrumpyBandit
3 hours ago, JackChan_2 said:

Then just remove the secure container. I'd much rather lose an unrealistic game mechanic that lets players shove away the good items they get, in place of lowering scav cooldown times and taking away this stupid oor healing mechanic. This really ended up ruining the game for me. I got to level 58 last wipe, and had a great time. This wipe is absolutely boring and it feels almost like a mobile game.

Totally agree - So lets punish the majority? I tell you whats OP, its the huge gammas - lose those problem solved and even playing field for all.

• Upvote 1

LoginTaken

Why.

1. People think its the only way to combat hatchet runs.

-For the record these people are stupid. Hatchet runs are non-avoidable. If someone has no gear, how the duck are they gana heal themselves ? Why would they even waste money to do it ?

2. To "encourage" player engagement with the hideout feature.

-Cause you know, that makes sense.....

3. To teach new players they are bad.

-Because dying and losing all your gear was not punishment enough.

-Also makes it kind of hard to learn how to play, considering you need to wait 30-60 minutes to heal.

4. My personal opinion ?

The devs are going to ad medical based loot-boxes. They wana see how drastic the player fall off is with new players.

Dwevin

Honestly the game that was promised is the game that is being delivered. They promised a slow paced, hardcore, realistic experience. The main issue that is trying to be talked with needing to heal after a death is pushing attention to the hideout. You can craft medical items, your PMC will automatically heal over time giving you time to do a scav, or inventory management. You don't even have to wait, you can literally just just take your half health PMC back out. I've personally gone out with half health a few times, honestly from my own negligence not from the lack of supply. But nothing is forcing you to take that burden other than yourself. 

Umberhulk
On 11/14/2019 at 1:30 PM, hermanJnr said:

I think one solution to hatchlings would be random loot spawns, that way there's not one place they can sprint to and have almost guaranteed gains from every raid.

• Like 1

GrumpyBandit
41 minutes ago, Dwevin said:

"Honestly the game that was promised is the game that is being delivered. They promised a slow paced, hardcore, realistic experience."

The game is far from delivered and has a long way to go. Also there is nothing realistic about this game - its a  great survival game with nutty aim bot AI.  In addition how is shoving 8 slots of secretly hidden gear up your rear realistic?  If it was indeed realistic it would be harder to play than it is now. 

I think the idea of having a one way gamma is heading in the right direction. 

I love hard core survival games and Tarkov fits in the wheelhouse. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Arzzet

“What's the point of making pmc wounded after killed”

To not make him killled after killed

Hamm

For people saying its for hatchlings....youre 100% wrong. you dont have to fully heal after you die to be able to sprint around again next raid.....so just stop....this game is no where near realistic, i could give you a massive list on how this game isnt realistic but you fanboys will just cry and come up with some sort of excuse.

1 hour ago, retroz68 said:

The game is far from delivered and has a long way to go. Also there is nothing realistic about this game - its a  great survival game with nutty aim bot AI.  In addition how is shoving 8 slots of secretly hidden gear up your rear realistic?  If it was indeed realistic it would be harder to play than it is now. 

I think the idea of having a one way gamma is heading in the right direction. 

I love hard core survival games and Tarkov fits in the wheelhouse. 

so then enjoy being stuck on the same mission cause of RNG task items, and then when you do finally find that RNG task item you die cause you werent able to at least "save it" in your gamma. that sounds like a really great time

• Upvote 1

GrumpyBandit
2 hours ago, Hamm said:

so then enjoy being stuck on the same mission cause of RNG task items, and then when you do finally find that RNG task item you die cause you werent able to at least "save it" in your gamma. that sounds like a really great time

I just finished "Delivery From The Past" and you cant gamma the intel for that? *shrugs* 

Edited by retroz68

Hamm
5 hours ago, retroz68 said:

I just finished "Delivery From The Past" and you cant gamma the intel for that? *shrugs* 

lol........thats not an RNG item............

JackChan_2
9 hours ago, Arzzet said:

“What's the point of making pmc wounded after killed”

To not make him killled after killed

But, why? If they are going for realism here, then they completely missed the mark. If you died irl, would you magically appear back at your house with a few boo boos? No, obviously not. If I die in raid, why don't I just get a new pmc, instead of having to wait for mine to heal, or pay to speed the healing up. This new system really is terrible, and makes the game so slow paced and boring.

Tendeep
On 11/14/2019 at 5:07 AM, Cman1337 said:

Hardcore, hardcore, hardcore... lol

Huge difference between not fun game mechanics, what is hardcore, and what really is hardcore... going in raid, losing all your stuff, that is hardcore.  Having to doctor simulator, not hardcore, and not fun.

Now before all the fan boys cry... Maybe they added this and the hideout because they are trying to make this game more like a survival sim, open ish world game when complete, but the game is so incomplete at this time, these features just make the game no fun.

Topic for next not fun conversation, these lame quests lol

• Like 2

Bed3viL

*plays game that is advertised as an unforgiving, hardcore shooter*
*dies alot*
*thinks game is too hardcore*
*takes to forums*
"This game is WAY too hardcore, and is going to turn away new players, this needs to be changed because the game is more hardcore and unforgiving then I want it to be, and I'm struggling."

My unpopular opinion today, if you think the game is too hardcore and too difficult, and not fun, and turning away new players.  You're probably not the audience the game is intended for.

Edited by Bed3viL
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

hermanJnr
On 11/17/2019 at 7:04 AM, Hamm said:

For people saying its for hatchlings....youre 100% wrong. you dont have to fully heal after you die to be able to sprint around again next raid.....so just stop....this game is no where near realistic, i could give you a massive list on how this game isnt realistic but you fanboys will just cry and come up with some sort of excuse.

Just because a game isn't 100% accurate to RL does not mean it isn't realistic.

And if the game isn't realistic, it's because it's a Beta and needs amendments to many features. Armour and ballistics for example.

I keep seeing people making this weird argument that the game shouldn't be realistic because it's not 100% equal to real life. It doesn't make sense.

(But yes I agree with secure containers at least).

LoginTaken

Love waiting for 30 minutes to heal.

Such a great feature.

Have so much free time to play other games now.

Edited by LoginTaken

Scolio

15k for AI-2s to heal up to full.

What is the issue? That is literally 3 slots of your inventory of almost ANY item in the game. Even capacitors sell for 4-5k each and they're beyond common. 

Scav backpack is 15k. Pick up anything and everything you find, should be able to make 100k from filling it. Assuming you survive even 33% of the time, you're making profit.

Edited by Scolio
Added suggestion