Sign in to follow this  
TomasTon

Is it common to get killed by a cheater?

TomasTon

Today I went into a match, used some expensive gear. I spawn I start walking and after like 10 seconds I am getting shot from nowhere, and after like 3 body shots I get headshot and die. It was like 10 seconds after the match began which seemed so weird and the shots came from nowhere. Could it be a cheater? is there any way to report cheaters or watch a death cam? are cheaters common in this game?

BaconSniper

What happened is someone spawn camped you. What they do is learn spawn points, if they spawn near another, they just go there hide and wait for other player to enter, Then they shoot. Is not cheating , but it does suck. They need to fix design so players can't exploit.

Edited by BaconSniper

volker93

Unfortunately, that is a reality in the game. Sometimes, late spawns happen and you can run up on someone right away or see someone almost instantly after you spawn in. There isn't a death cam feature in the game. Battlestate just implemented a version of BattlEye and a TON of cheaters were banned, however not all of them were. There's no official way to report a cheater, except on forum threads/reddit threads specifically for that purpose. EFT is a really hard game to gauge cheaters just because of the low time to kill and the effectiveness of headshots. Some are obvious, others could just be lucky shots. Sorry that happened to ya, but BaconSniper is right about the need to fix spawns. They can be a little ridiculous and unlucky sometimes. Comes with the whole beta aspect of the game though.

LoginTaken

There is hacking, but its very, very, very rare.

Most things can be attributed to bad coding, dysnc and the occasional prick camping spawns/exits.

That said, if someone is hacking it going to be hard to notice because of all the issues I just mentioned.