GrindSultan

How to/Directions

GrindSultan

I need help with a handful of things here. Please do not suggest the discord or anything else, just address my questions directly or you are not helping. Thank you. I have searched trhe forum to no avail for this information. 

So, fisrt off, how I get my a weapon assigned to quick use slot 1,2,3 and so on? Step by step directions would be perfect please. Second, how or can one equipe there knife/melee weapon and have it hand at all times for hand to hand combat? I ask because I was in a fire fight last night where myself and another player ran out of ammunition. He came up to me with his blade out and in hand. I had to keep hitting k to draw my knife (slow process) then only get one slash from the action and then my character puts his knife away, to only have to repeat the process again. This is not condusive or realistic for hand to hand or very useful. Needless to say I lost the fight. Please let me know if I can fix this too, thank you. 

-Screen shot attached for reference to my first question. 

2019-11-14[10-19] (0).png

RoosterBooster_

I got you fam, hope it helps

1) weapon slots 1 is reserved for your pistol, 2 is reserved for your "on sling" weapon, 3 is reserved for "on back" weapon. they auto assign the hotkey.

2) Pressing V will draw your melee weapon (unless you rebound it) double tapping v will make a quick swing then put it back. (I think you bound your melee to K, check your keybinding list for double tap V and change it to double tap K)

BONUS! You can quickslot meds, grenades and drinks by hovering over it and pressing the number you want to assign (only works outside of secure container)

Edited by RoosterBooster_
double tap k?

RoosterBooster_

For the Bonus you can only quickslot non weapon things from 4-0

GrindSultan
12 hours ago, RoosterBooster_ said:

I got you fam, hope it helps

1) weapon slots 1 is reserved for your pistol, 2 is reserved for your "on sling" weapon, 3 is reserved for "on back" weapon. they auto assign the hotkey.

2) Pressing V will draw your melee weapon (unless you rebound it) double tapping v will make a quick swing then put it back. (I think you bound your melee to K, check your keybinding list for double tap V and change it to double tap K)

BONUS! You can quickslot meds, grenades and drinks by hovering over it and pressing the number you want to assign (only works outside of secure container)

11 hours ago, RoosterBooster_ said:

For the Bonus you can only quickslot non weapon things from 4-0

First off, my bad for all of my spelling mistakes in my original post. It was late and I was not too sharp after so many rounds. Thank you for your help and reply. You have been precise and most helpful my brother! I did, in fact bind the knife to K. I however did not change it too the double tap option. I had no formal knowledge of what that further drop down bind option list all entailed. Your break down put it all in order for me. I will be headed to my settings now to change it post haste. Mad props to you my dude. Happy Tarkov'ing to you. 

• Like 1

RoosterBooster_

Happy to help!!