FunkenGruven

How important is it to you to have a consistant mouse sensitivity in first and third person shooters?

Wearing heavier armor in this game changes your set mouse sensitivity.  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should in game gear affect your mouse sensitivity in game?

• Yes
    • No

FunkenGruven

Topic

Edited by FunkenGruven

AdhesiveTeflon

Yes.  Simply by the fact that heavier/bulkier armor does change your mobility in real life.  Balancing mobility vs protection is even a real issue for plate carrier makers.

• Like 1

FunkenGruven
11 minutes ago, AdhesiveTeflon said:

Yes.  Simply by the fact that heavier/bulkier armor does change your mobility in real life.  Balancing mobility vs protection is even a real issue for plate carrier makers.

But the game can not make you move your arm slower on your mouse pad.

It just reduces your mouse sensitivity. All a player has to do is increase the slider in his options again by the percentage of the armor penalty worn and nothing is different.

See why this is a bad idea?

Edited by FunkenGruven

RonBuan

They should be ways to limit speed that are independent of your mouse sensitivity if dont properly. Something like a limiter. Boosting your mouse sensitivity in this case would just be cucked back down to the limited turn speed for instance. But my honest opinion is if your juicing up your mouse sensitivity to circumvent the penalties you are nothing but a hoser anyways.

2njw80.jpg.6973442afbf74ad676baa0c8de5b5c7a.jpg

• Sad 2

Keter

There are absolutely plenty of ways that you can properly balance mobility in armor without touching sensitivity. For example; Give characters momentum, proper momentum, so that you can't simply stop and turn on a dime. Slow down all player interactions, such as reloading, aiming down sights, opening doors, throwing grenades, and other such things, with heavier armor. Make it so that aimed fire is less accurate due to the ergonomic problems of heavy armor. You get the idea. There's no reason why you've got to mess with something nobody wants messed with, like mouse sensitivity. 

• Like 2

sYs

Of course it's important.

It's called reliability and reproducibility. It applies to anything we do in life.

• Like 1

FunkenGruven

I seriously can not believe there are more people in favor of the game manipulating the MOUSE SENSITIVITY WE'VE SET IN THE OPTIONS due to gear worn in raid......

This isn't a penalty to the in game character, it's a penalty to the people that play the game.

There are plenty of ways to slow a character down in game due to heavier gear:

• Slower movement speed  (already implemented)
  • Increased stamina drain (already implemented)
  • Decreased ADS time
  • Decreased weapon switch time. 
  • Increased hip fire spread.

15 hours ago, RonBuan said:

But my honest opinion is if your juicing up your mouse sensitivity to circumvent the penalties you are nothing but a hoser anyways.

Are you freaking serious?   

EVERY first person shooter I have EVER played on pc I have my aim sensitivity set to the exact same distance on my mouse pad.

Changing MY SETTINGS in game is a HUGE middle finger to me personally.

It might not be important to you, to be able to aim consistently in games, but to a lot of us, it is!

Edited by FunkenGruven

AdhesiveTeflon
19 hours ago, FunkenGruven said:

It just reduces your mouse sensitivity. All a player has to do is increase the slider in his options again by the percentage of the armor penalty worn and nothing is different.

Then they'll have to keep adjusting the mouse sensitivity slider based on the percentage of mobility lost/gained just like a person can overcome their mobility in real life with using more force to turn.

oldirty

Depends, in copmetition games its extremely important. In Tarkov not so much, for me Tarkov is an expirience, a journey,  I dont play this game to perform. If I want competition I play a game that is build and meant to be played that way.

I dont understand why so many people want this game to be another flick shooter.

• Like 2

FunkenGruven
1 hour ago, oldirty said:

Depends, in copmetition games its extremely important. In Tarkov not so much, for me Tarkov is an expirience, a journey,  I dont play this game to perform. If I want competition I play a game that is build and meant to be played that way.

I dont understand why so many people want this game to be another flick shooter.

I stated this earlier but, no matter how hard the developers try, they can not make players move their hands slower at their desks using a mouse. Decreasing aim sensitivity isn't the answer.

Changing how far players have to move their hand, (and we are literally talking about centimeters here) is not going to make any difference in how fast people can get their gun on target.

Flick shots will happen regardless when using a mouse and there is nothing, other than creating in game mouse lag, that will stop it.

Edited by FunkenGruven

GhostZ69

Yes.  Yes it should.

• Like 1

Casperian
vor 4 Stunden schrieb FunkenGruven:

I seriously can not believe there are more people in favor of the game manipulating the MOUSE SENSITIVITY WE'VE SET IN THE OPTIONS due to gear worn in raid......

Here is my point of view:

It actually isn't a penalty at all IMO. The changes are so minor, that it is barely noticable once you get used to the new set of gear... and that is the point, isn't it?

Every set of armor does actually feel a little bit different, while not really hindering you too much. You are using a new set of armor? It might take you one or two raids to really feel home again. But then you're fine.

On the other hand: I have the feeling, that these changes get more noticable with decreased mouse sensitivity (can't confirm to be sure tho), just because the human body can more easily adjust small differences than big ones and the changes in game scale with the sensitivity of your mouse. In result should that mean, that people with a high mouse sensitivity (like me) don't have any issues, while people on the othere side of the spectrum don't hit the frontside of a barn anymore. More or less more less than more probably... at least.

Edited by Casperian
Spelling is hard, okay? I'm trying.

FunkenGruven
1 hour ago, Casperian said:

Here is my point of view:

It actually isn't a penalty at all IMO. The changes are so minor, that it is barely noticable once you get used to the new set of gear... and that is the point, isn't it?

Every set of armor does actually feel a little bit different, while not really hindering you too much. You are using a new set of armor? It might take you one or two raids to really feel home again. But then you're fine.

On the other hand: I have the feeling, that these changes get more noticable with decreased mouse sensitivity (can't confirm to be sure tho), just because the human body can more easily adjust small differences than big ones and the changes in game scale with the sensitivity of your mouse. In result should that mean, that people with a high mouse sensitivity (like me) don't have any issues, while people on the othere side of the spectrum don't hit the frontside of a barn anymore. More or less more less than more probably... at least.

I play on a pretty low sensitivity in all games so It's very noticeable to me. I have to move my mouse on my desk and extra inch or so for a full 360.

It might not seem like a big deal to most on here. But any deviation from my settings completely F's up my aim.

LoginTaken

No.

This will just make people with special mouses have an advantage over those using shitty mouses

• Like 1

5erb
11 hours ago, FunkenGruven said:

I stated this earlier but, no matter how hard the developers try, they can not make players move their hands slower at their desks using a mouse. Decreasing aim sensitivity isn't the answer.

Changing how far players have to move their hand, (and we are literally talking about centimeters here) is not going to make any difference in how fast people can get their gun on target.

Flick shots will happen regardless when using a mouse and there is nothing, other than creating in game mouse lag, that will stop it.

They dont need to create mouse lag, i have mouse lag even with 70+ fps, no flick shots for me 🙂

RonBuan
14 hours ago, FunkenGruven said:

There are plenty of ways to slow a character down in game due to heavier gear:

• Slower movement speed  (already implemented)
  • Increased stamina drain (already implemented)
  • Decreased ADS time
  • Decreased weapon switch time. 
  • Increased hip fire spread.

Have you ever worn this type of gear in real life? I have... and let me tell ya it sure dont effect my weapon switch time all that much.. cause why would it? Its easy to drop your rifle on its sling and grab your sidearm from your leg regardless of your plate carrier. Doesnt effect how fast I can look down my sights that much if at all.. my arms still can wave around freely as designed. It definitely doesnt effect how well I can hip fire.. since let's face it that's something you just need to practice to get good at and is generally not effected by what armor you are wearing as long as your arms are usable.

It does however slow you down like you stated (movement speed), its heavy.

It does wear you out like you stated (stamina), its heavy.

It also howver, does effect your turning movement, its heavy. 

Put on a plate carrier with plates and run around, it jerks you around. Twisting around in it doing 360s isnt realistic.. it carries momentum and effects your spin speed, jerks you around when it stops, and generally effects your agility / mobility. Twisting from your hip with more weight than usual and the face it's just cumbersome. Utilizing leg movement becomes much more important when wearing this sort of gear.

I'm sorry your surprised people support the devs move to effect your mouse sensitivity or rather turn / aim speed when wearing certain gear. The games supposed to be realistic, wearing poo tons of armor has always in every era effected the wears mobility and agility. If you want to be fast and agile opt for less encumbrance via lighter armor / gear.

As stated it would be nice to see the devs implement limiters of some sort to nerf even the fancy mouses. Limiting how fast the character can turn wearing certain gear regardless of how fast the mouse is whipped. I also think it would be cool to see a momentum system like others are talking about but also with turning whip. Plates tend to carry the momentum of the turn and jerk once you try to settle to aim in a direction. Getting a jerk as you try to stop and the plates are still settling would be cool visually I imagine. 

I truly do however feel if your adjusting your mouse sensitivity ingame when you put on armor to circumvent these penalties you are ridiculous. I have only changed my mouse sensitivity once when I setup the game along with my graphics, i feel like I'm playing just fine and dont worry about it at all. Especially since there are many other things I think the devs should work on. 

12 hours ago, oldirty said:

That's just it bud. Everyone is trying to nerf this game to be comparable to other games they have played. I dont like that, I dont like 90 percent of other shooters. People complaining you have to heal after dying before you respawning, yawn go respawn in CoD and kill the dude that just killed you in 3 seconds flat. People trying to make it so you can quadruple 360 spin before you noscope, go play halo. Blah blah blah, the list goes on. Game devs said what the game was gonna be.. and I'm looking forward to that. Seems like some purchased before realizing where the game is headed.

Edited by RonBuan

RonBuan
On 11/14/2019 at 4:50 PM, FunkenGruven said:

If you dont dispute that the armor slows you down you agree with us.

Your just mad because you have to slap your wrist on your mouse pad more because of it... You realise that right?

In a debate you would have lost points.

It sounds like what your really shining the light on, is that something needs to be done to prevent people from pushing a slider or button to boost their speeds back up. Since that's what you keep talking about as the only reason for your complaint aside from needing to move your arm more than usual?

• Sad 1

FunkenGruven
10 hours ago, RonBuan said:

Your just mad because you have to slap your wrist on your mouse pad more because of it... You realise that right?

You obviously haven't been paying attention to the actually reason of the debate and just decided to attempt to insult me..... you realize that right?

kondziowy

Only people who never played fps shooter competitively on high level would vote to yes, because they don't understand how big handicap it is. If I was pro cs:go player I would completely avoid playing Tarkov just because of this. 

But I think there is 0% chance that this will ever change.

Edited by kondziowy

RoosterBooster_

It would be easy to still allow fast mouse sensitivity while slowing down character turn speed with certain armor types. Let them go to all 4 corners of their screen in a second and a half (since you can just flail a gun if you want). Just make the turning speed of the character slower with more weight added. or like @RonBuan stated. Adding some kind of recoil to spinning fast, a jerk in the gun, an extra step you didn't mean to take and now you are out of position cause you tried to Bunnyhop a corner like a CoDer.

oldirty
vor 12 Minuten schrieb kondziowy:

Only people who never played fps shooter competitively on high level would vote to yes, because they don't understand how big handicap it is. If I was pro cs:go player I would completely avoid playing Tarkov just because of this. 

That is a pretty bold statement. I voted yes, I do play csgo for over 5000h. I am constanly ranked global elite which is the top 1% of over 15 million player and I have played on ESEA rank A. 

RoosterBooster_
39 minutes ago, kondziowy said:

But I think there is 0% chance that this will ever change.

This game is the exact opposite of a competitive shooter... Pro fps players should understand that with the realism trying to be applied it WOULD be fair to slow down character functions in return for extra armor/damage reduction.

kondziowy
56 minutes ago, oldirty said:

That is a pretty bold statement. I voted yes, I do play csgo for over 5000h. I am constanly ranked global elite which is the top 1% of over 15 million player and I have played on ESEA rank A. 

With all due respect. There is an insane skill gap between a Global Elite player and pro player. Messing with your sensitivity is like throwing all your training into the bucket.

43 minutes ago, RoosterBooster_ said:

This game is the exact opposite of a competitive shooter... Pro fps players should understand that with the realism trying to be applied it WOULD be fair to slow down character functions in return for extra armor/damage reduction.

And I understand that Tarkov is Tarkov and I don't expect it to change ever.

RoosterBooster_
7 minutes ago, kondziowy said:

And I understand that Tarkov is Tarkov and I don't expect it to change ever.

Just to clarify, you think the turning speed thing will never change. Or just broad spectrum Tarkov is Tarkov and will always be "Tarkov" whatever that implies to each individual person?

Just making sure I am following you and don't do some random rant in a completely different direction.

oldirty
vor 16 Minuten schrieb kondziowy:

With all due respect. There is an insane skill gap between a Global Elite player and pro player.

That is correct, however I think the difference is neglectable to make a well founded decision on the poll. Global elite and rank A on ESEA is litterly the highest you can get while playing for fun. I think that is enough to call high level competition. Its less than 1% worldwide afterall.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb kondziowy:

Messing with your sensitivity is like throwing all your training into the bucket.

This is incorrect. If you put in enough hours you can learn 3 different sensitivities and change your musclememory on the fly. Its just more difficult than having to learn only 1 sens.

Last but not least, the missalignment of the gun when turning is a bigger issue for reliable flickshots than the different turning speeds.

PS: Dont get me wrong, I know why people want this and considering their intentions I aggree on a large basis, but this is Tarkov and not csgo or R6.

Edited by oldirty