FunkenGruven

How important is it to you to have a consistant mouse sensitivity in first and third person shooters?

Wearing heavier armor in this game changes your set mouse sensitivity.  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should in game gear affect your mouse sensitivity in game?

• Yes
    • No

kondziowy
2 minutes ago, oldirty said:

This is incorrect. If you put in enough hours you can learn 3 different sensitivities and change your musclememory on the fly. Its just more difficult than having to learn only 1 sens.

This is news to me. From my experience it takes at least half year of many hours training per day to set muscle memory baseline. If you change sensitivity you can add another half year that sets you back 1 year in comparison to other players who did not change and continued training as is.

oldirty
vor 7 Minuten schrieb kondziowy:

From my experience it takes at least half year of many hours training per day to set muscle memory baseline.

Hm depends on how big the change is and how much accuracy you need. For me the ergonomics are a bigger threat to my aim than the different turning speeds. Red dots can missaligne by a 1cm or so when turning.

I have more problem manouvering when wearing heavy body armor, going up a staircase for example, than with aiming.

RonBuan
10 hours ago, FunkenGruven said:

You obviously haven't been paying attention to the actually reason of the debate and just decided to attempt to insult me..... you realize that right?

Stating facts brother. Sorry you want to flick your mouse once and be able to look anywhere. 🤷‍♂️

Keter

Sincere question: Why do people think that heads need to be tied to guns? I have no problem with affecting the speed at which the firearm moves based on the weight of armor. I have a problem with the speed of your head being tied to armor, and where you look around. Simple solution? Make the movement of your mouse affect where you look, without any inhibition due to armor. And make the speed of your firearm snapping to where you're looking be affected by armor. Like tank turrets in World of Tanks or War Thunder, just faster. That solves so many issues that I won't even get into it, but that's honestly the best solution in my opinion, and one that doesn't piss people off because it affects something as important to people as mouse sensitivity. Being able to look around at the speed you're used to is important to people. So keep people able to look around, while preventing excessively fast movement of the body and rifle. 

AKA, have the body and firearms of our characters have momentum and snap to the center of our screen. Have our heads be unaffected by momentum and go as fast as our mouse movements. Maybe have a hard stop point where your head is limited by your neck where you can't keep moving your view past that point until your body has caught up. Have weight affect how fast this happens, and ergonomics affect the accuracy of the snapping effect. No more turning on a dime in heavy armor. No more maneuvering like sanic. No more quick scoping. No more mouse sensitivity being affected by armor. Everyone wins. 

Edited by Keter

fergason

I was waiting for sale.

Today i wanted to buy a game.

Before that i checked mouse-sens forum.

Mess. Not happy at all. But wait its old posts maybe they fixed/changed it.

Checked EFT forum. Lol. its still problem.

Im not gonna buy or play this game till its fixed. Same sens for hip fire + ADS ideally.

Im not trolling fans or devs here, Have fun with your game, i will have mine in others.

Grumble_

I am a bit shocked that someone playing a FPS ask's that question.............In a FPS it's all about personal preference... and at no point should a PC game, be thought of in any other way.....