Jump to content
PAL11

Matchmaking for only Solo Players (optional)

Matchmaking for only Solo Players (optional)  

35 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Create matchmaking for solo players only? (optional)

    • yes
      13
    • no
      22

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/30/2019 at 10:59 PM

Recommended Posts

PAL11

hello, can you do that solo players are only in a match with solo players?

It is so frustrating when 2 fully equipt team persons break up a solo beginner player

and where is the balance on a map like factory where 4-6 players can be, but can join a group of 5 people. is it then 5vs1 or have I misunderstood something?

also on maps where 6-12 players can be. if 2 teams of 5 people join, then solo players have pretty much no chance. realism or not, is tarkov designed more for a team?

I think there should be a solo players match for who have no players or would rather play solo.

In addition, the teamplay is unbalanced anyway, because apparently the player slot anyway not enough to let fair 5er teams play, because once 2x5er teams join, the remaining players have a disadvantage

Edited by PAL11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CavemanBuck

its been stated x to the power of n times already dude....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SniperInTheMist
57 minutes ago, PAL11 said:

hello, can you do that solo players are only in a match with solo players?

It is so frustrating when 2 fully equipt team persons break up a solo beginner player

and where is the balance on a map like factory where 4-6 players can be, but can join a group of 5 people. is it then 5vs1 or have I misunderstood something?

also on maps where 6-12 players can be. if 2 teams of 5 people join, then solo players have pretty much no chance. realism or not, is tarkov designed more for a team?

I think there should be a solo players match for who have no players or would rather play solo.

In addition, the teamplay is unbalanced anyway, because apparently the player slot anyway not enough to let fair 5er teams play, because once 2x5er teams join, the remaining players have a disadvantage

I can see why new players will want this but tbh five man groups are rarely even good most people dont play in them because they are chaotic and can not work together, I play duo mainly and we have no issue picking them apart. This question has been asked so many times and last time I remember the dev's pretty much said join a discord group or find a sherpa to play with and learn the game. This game has massive learning curve why its so "hardcore". Also just because you see a group of 5 does not mean you have to engage, cant even begin to count the amount of times I have let people walk 5-20 meters away from me and didn't shoot. The factory 5 v 1 thing though is a pain, I would not mind if they lowered the teams down to 3 for factory that would defiantly help that issue greatly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PAL11
vor 53 Minuten schrieb SniperInTheMist:

I can see why new players will want this but tbh five man groups are rarely even good most people dont play in them because they are chaotic and can not work together, I play duo mainly and we have no issue picking them apart. This question has been asked so many times and last time I remember the dev's pretty much said join a discord group or find a sherpa to play with and learn the game. This game has massive learning curve why its so "hardcore". Also just because you see a group of 5 does not mean you have to engage, cant even begin to count the amount of times I have let people walk 5-20 meters away from me and didn't shoot. The factory 5 v 1 thing though is a pain, I would not mind if they lowered the teams down to 3 for factory that would defiantly help that issue greatly.

that with the 5er teams was just one example, clearly it can be very chaotic to go, because I agree with you. but it is very popular to play in pairs, rather than alone. but what about the player who would rather play tarkov alone? he should be better like 2 players? so my question answers if tarkov a team player game is almost automatic, yes it is.

it is a pity that you either need players to be successful in tarkov or you have to be the crass pro player.

if you would optionally include a solo players only mode, then that would be fair in any case.

I understand when people play in teams, that's not a question. But it should be up to each solo player to decide whether to play against these teams or against solo players.

Everybody knows why you like to play with other players and that's not just because of the fun, it's also about being an advantage over people who are outnumbered.

Tarkov is also a lot of fun on his own, but unfortunately not against teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CallSignTango

I've been playing a little over a week now, and would state solo matchmaking, and a re-balance of matchmaking in general would probably be great for retention long term, and improve the new player experience (something that seems to be ...contentious... but providing feedback to improve the game play for those that come after us, is part of why we are here, right?).

Yes there is a learning cliff, but should it be teams of players 25+ levels (I've been matched with players at 30+ levels) that are a new bros wall to overcome in terms of progression?

When teams are out clearing the map of nearly all available loot, farming every last kill they can, and generally challenged by only other experienced players, for the game to still be hard, the matchmaking should be reflecting that.  What's the real challenge in letting veteran players farm noobs?

All this does is encourage a new player towards  running and hiding while accomplishing the most basic of tasks, and the few times you manage to survive your xp is cut in half with a Run-Through penalty, for not doing enough (ironically, no i'm probably not going to contest a team of veteran players in high level gear with my un-modded ak) which in turn is a HUGE let down to those few times a new bro may make it through a map alive.  (Holy poo, I actually evaded that team of crazy pmc's, CRAZY ADRENALINE RUSH, oh im a coward and get my meager xp further nerfed. in an escape an evasion game. :usad:)

I had a convo with the guy who killed me in my last match, lvl 33 (compared to my lvl 8), was with a buddy, and I got shot at 2:36 left on the clock running for extract.  He told me it was the wrong place at the wrong time, and they would of usually left by then, but he acknowledged catching my pmc, and a player scav, a little before me.  Bro didn't even loot me.  While that's cool, I'll get my stuff back, it ended the match for myself and at least one other player, simply having a high level team who felt comfy enough to chill the entire time and rather than extract, deny every one else the chance. 

All of this being said, I'm hooked, I love the game and I'll continue to suffer through it.  Devil's advocate in me says It is worth discussing solo/team and level based matchmaking, for the impact it has, and will continue to have as time goes by.  Joining a community makes this new bro period more enjoyable sure, but that by itself should not be an excuse to not consider how to improve the new player experience.

o7

C/S Tango

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaptainColon
On 11/14/2019 at 6:07 PM, PAL11 said:

is tarkov designed more for a team?

Yes; it's been explicitly stated many times that Tarkov is intended to be EXTREMELY difficult for people who opt to play solo.  You can do it (I do and I'm hardly a god-tier player), but you have to be extra careful and accept that some quests will be nigh-impossible without a buddy watching your back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PAL11
vor 3 Stunden schrieb CaptainColon:

Yes; it's been explicitly stated many times that Tarkov is intended to be EXTREMELY difficult for people who opt to play solo.  You can do it (I do and I'm hardly a god-tier player), but you have to be extra careful and accept that some quests will be nigh-impossible without a buddy watching your back.

yeah u right.

But I'm pretty sure that most people who do not opt for an optional solo matchmaking mostly play with someone in Tarkov. because I can not imagine that someone is playing solo, insists on playing against teams, rather it is reversed. And if it is with some of them, then it would be optional, he can always decide to play against teams. the main thing is that as a solo player you have a free decision.

how many times do I experience the situation that I hit one of one's due, but second me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SniperInTheMist
On 11/14/2019 at 8:02 PM, PAL11 said:

that with the 5er teams was just one example, clearly it can be very chaotic to go, because I agree with you. but it is very popular to play in pairs, rather than alone. but what about the player who would rather play tarkov alone? he should be better like 2 players? so my question answers if tarkov a team player game is almost automatic, yes it is.

it is a pity that you either need players to be successful in tarkov or you have to be the crass pro player.

if you would optionally include a solo players only mode, then that would be fair in any case.

I understand when people play in teams, that's not a question. But it should be up to each solo player to decide whether to play against these teams or against solo players.

Everybody knows why you like to play with other players and that's not just because of the fun, it's also about being an advantage over people who are outnumbered.

Tarkov is also a lot of fun on his own, but unfortunately not against teams.

I would play solo's constantly because I could abuse the fact that I know there is not a second. Also Devs in the past have said this will not happen in one of the devblogs

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madiakz

There is no match making like this and its been confirmed many times that there will not be. 

Not knowing who or how many you're up against is by design, and something a lot of the community enjoy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
p4nnus
On 11/15/2019 at 1:07 AM, PAL11 said:

hello, can you do that solo players are only in a match with solo players?

It is so frustrating when 2 fully equipt team persons break up a solo beginner player

and where is the balance on a map like factory where 4-6 players can be, but can join a group of 5 people. is it then 5vs1 or have I misunderstood something?

also on maps where 6-12 players can be. if 2 teams of 5 people join, then solo players have pretty much no chance. realism or not, is tarkov designed more for a team?

I think there should be a solo players match for who have no players or would rather play solo.

In addition, the teamplay is unbalanced anyway, because apparently the player slot anyway not enough to let fair 5er teams play, because once 2x5er teams join, the remaining players have a disadvantage

The emissar forgot to mention, you should use the search function before making a thread, to see if your suggestion has been suggested before. This one has been, COUNTLESS of times. Like literally, over a thousand times. Im not lying, you can ask anyone whos been on these forums for over a year!

Tarkov is indeed designed to be played with friends. No operators work alone IRL; its a tactical nightmare. YOURE MEANT TO BE AT A DISADVANTAGE if you CHOOSE to play alone. Bring friends and youre not in such a big disadvantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
p4nnus
On 11/17/2019 at 5:35 AM, CallSignTango said:

I've been playing a little over a week now, and would state solo matchmaking, and a re-balance of matchmaking in general would probably be great for retention long term, and improve the new player experience (something that seems to be ...contentious... but providing feedback to improve the game play for those that come after us, is part of why we are here, right?).

Yes there is a learning cliff, but should it be teams of players 25+ levels (I've been matched with players at 30+ levels) that are a new bros wall to overcome in terms of progression?

Tarkov is not meant to be a fair and balanced competitive game where everybody gets a chance, solo or not. Playing solo is a chosen disadvantage as I said already above. Get some friends thru the tarkov discord and start learning squad play. 

Theres enough games that pander the newbies, hold em by the hand, wipe their asses. This is not one of those games, it doesnt want to be and it sure as hell wont be in the future. If you haven understood this yet, I hope this clears it out.

The whole fun is based on the high and steep learning curve, mixed with high risk vs reward and intense unforgiveness. The things you newbies tend to suggest would take away from these important qualities. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PAL11
vor 9 Stunden schrieb p4nnus:

Tarkov is not meant to be a fair and balanced competitive game where everybody gets a chance, solo or not. Playing solo is a chosen disadvantage as I said already above. Get some friends thru the tarkov discord and start learning squad play. 

Theres enough games that pander the newbies, hold em by the hand, wipe their asses. This is not one of those games, it doesnt want to be and it sure as hell wont be in the future. If you haven understood this yet, I hope this clears it out.

The whole fun is based on the high and steep learning curve, mixed with high risk vs reward and intense unforgiveness. The things you newbies tend to suggest would take away from these important qualities. 

I have understood by now that no consideration is taken that there are solo players who like to play vs solo.

The desire for a solo has nothing to do with simplification, but it brings a very different atmosphere with it. alone against several is simply stupid and we do not talk about the learning curve here. because the tarkov can be very difficult know very many. but that one plays to several is rather the unwanted simplification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
walkr2

I dont know how I feel about this,

On one hand I sympathize and understand why you want a solo MM feature,

But Im 90% certain, This is a bad idea, would definitely water down the player base and would create more problems in terms of people cheesing the system and such.

My advice to you, and this is honest, try meet people, connect through the discord etc..

The game is so much more easy going and fun with a small group, I understand most people arent willing to just play with random people, But I can promise you, you will have a MUCH more funner time, learning the game with a group of like minded people.

Playing solo, in simple terms.. is [HARD] mode, and I personally was ignorant and didnt want to play with people, and 100% it took me a hell of alot longer to get to the level I am at now, than had I just opened up and started playing with people early on.

Regardless, I wish ya the best of luck, and Enjoy yourself bud!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
p4nnus
36 minutes ago, PAL11 said:

I have understood by now that no consideration is taken that there are solo players who like to play vs solo.

The desire for a solo has nothing to do with simplification, but it brings a very different atmosphere with it. alone against several is simply stupid and we do not talk about the learning curve here. because the tarkov can be very difficult know very many. but that one plays to several is rather the unwanted simplification.

Yeah, I wasnt talking about simplification. I was talking about, once again, changing the core of the game to please certain kind of players. Its MEANT to be a squad experience, going solo is possible because some people might not have friends (or just online) and it needs to be a possibility, ofc, to practice as well. But its always a tactical disadvantage, a chosen one. I feel like Im starting to repeat what I say... but I never talked about simplification.

Why no separate mode? If its not obvious, its bc it will split the player base. Also, its against the core idea of EFT. Did I say that already? :sctroll:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PAL11
vor 44 Minuten schrieb walkr2:

I dont know how I feel about this,

On one hand I sympathize and understand why you want a solo MM feature,

But Im 90% certain, This is a bad idea, would definitely water down the player base and would create more problems in terms of people cheesing the system and such.

My advice to you, and this is honest, try meet people, connect through the discord etc..

The game is so much more easy going and fun with a small group, I understand most people arent willing to just play with random people, But I can promise you, you will have a MUCH more funner time, learning the game with a group of like minded people.

Playing solo, in simple terms.. is [HARD] mode, and I personally was ignorant and didnt want to play with people, and 100% it took me a hell of alot longer to get to the level I am at now, than had I just opened up and started playing with people early on.

Regardless, I wish ya the best of luck, and Enjoy yourself bud!

It's not that I do not want to play with anyone, but that I really like solos. that's a difference.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PAL11
vor 30 Minuten schrieb p4nnus:

Yeah, I wasnt talking about simplification. I was talking about, once again, changing the core of the game to please certain kind of players. Its MEANT to be a squad experience, going solo is possible because some people might not have friends (or just online) and it needs to be a possibility, ofc, to practice as well. But its always a tactical disadvantage, a chosen one. I feel like Im starting to repeat what I say... but I never talked about simplification.

Why no separate mode? If its not obvious, its bc it will split the player base. Also, its against the core idea of EFT. Did I say that already? :sctroll:

that one says but EFT is a game what you should not play alone, I think is not right. I would see that in a game with 64 players. but you play here with 4-12 players slots which brings no equality of the groups anyway.

but I totally understand that solo matchmaking could split the community of players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PAL11

I also say quite honestly and frankly that just because of the missing solo I barely play the game. There is also the reason to find a really suitable player apart from the human nature. it is about the fact that most people do their missions. And so everyone is already busy with his own missions. so it is not so easy to find a compatible player.

 

and out of frustration you play a little alone. you are quite right that the game with friends can make more fun. but if you have to play alone under certain conditions, it's not much fun.

Edited by PAL11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
p4nnus
1 hour ago, PAL11 said:

It's not that I do not want to play with anyone, but that I really like solos. that's a difference.

Its too bad man, youre going to have to play with squads as a solo operator. Its even more high risk, high reward than with a squad. Theres a possibility youll get so good you can take on squads; they have the cons of being more visible and audible, slower maneuvering, worth more (collectively, if you mow em all down) and also they might have confusion in comms if you surprise them.

Practicing solo is good for clutch situations, where you need to kill a squad as the last one alive in your squad. Still, squad play is where its really at.

57 minutes ago, PAL11 said:

that one says but EFT is a game what you should not play alone, I think is not right. I would see that in a game with 64 players. but you play here with 4-12 players slots which brings no equality of the groups anyway.

but I totally understand that solo matchmaking could split the community of players.

Its been confirmed not to happen ever, several times. Im not lying to you: at least a hundred times seriously.

52 minutes ago, PAL11 said:

I also say quite honestly and frankly that just because of the missing solo I barely play the game. There is also the reason to find a really suitable player apart from the human nature. it is about the fact that most people do their missions. And so everyone is already busy with his own missions. so it is not so easy to find a compatible player.

and out of frustration you play a little alone. you are quite right that the game with friends can make more fun. but if you have to play alone under certain conditions, it's not much fun.

Youll find someone if you keep looking. In my squad I started the wipe way later as I was travelling for the first 1,5months of the wipe. Just got back home a month a go, so the buddies are 35+ mostly. We have entirely different missions, but Im catching up quickly as Ive played a few wipes already. 

Next time you make a suggestion, use the search bar. This has been suggested so f*n many times and its against the rules to post duplicates. :usmile: Im sure you understand!

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigRedMuvila

if soslo i stealth, and try to avoid the bigger groups unless i see an advantage to hit and run. when im in group i find solo players to be the most danger, trying to coordinate with 4 people screaming on comms ends bad a lot of times. but the most fun is knowing you passed within inches of a group and managed to slip by with some nice loot they where there for.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaptainColon
16 hours ago, BigRedMuvila said:

if soslo i stealth, and try to avoid the bigger groups unless i see an advantage to hit and run. when im in group i find solo players to be the most danger, trying to coordinate with 4 people screaming on comms ends bad a lot of times. but the most fun is knowing you passed within inches of a group and managed to slip by with some nice loot they where there for.

Sounds like you actually understand how to play the game!  I play the same way, up to the point of literally stealth crawling all the way across customs at night...I suppose most people might find that boring, but to me there's nothing better.  It's actually LESS fun when I play with friends, unless it's only friends who have lives and don't care too much about video games.

Edited by CaptainColon
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CallSignTango

We could very reasonably argue, that adding the option to solo que will increase the playerbase overall as it will help with retention, and appeal to those players who are not interested in team death matches.  Until (unless, perhaps it was attempted very early on?) it's actually tested, we can only speculate as to the actual impact it would have.  I can find player's, and likely potential players, who would support both sides of the argument.

 

I see a lot of people saying 4-5 man teams lack coordination, and meme about why.  While dismissing entirely, that yes there are some really good 4-5 man teams out there, and the number of those skilled teams will only increase as they practice and gain experience... this argument is a self defeating one, given enough time.

 

  At the end of the day, I'm not the one worried about growing the player base, I've found some friends to run my pmc with and I enjoy solo scav life quite a bit. 

Edit: In closing, It would just be cool to see the game appeal to more people, and thus have a bigger hook on the market share.  Means we ALL get more people to play with, regardless of play style preference.

 

 

 

Edited by CallSignTango
Words
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KageOni
11 hours ago, CallSignTango said:

We could very reasonably argue, that adding the option to solo que will increase the playerbase overall as it will help with retention, and appeal to those players who are not interested in team death matches.  Until (unless, perhaps it was attempted very early on?) it's actually tested, we can only speculate as to the actual impact it would have.  I can find player's, and likely potential players, who would support both sides of the argument.

The problem from I have seen is that there isn't much room for discussion on this forum as it's pretty toxic. Basically, any suggestion that that goes against their holy vision of what they and "the devs" (nothing against the devs them selves but I see "the devs said it" all the time being used to shut down discussion) feel this game should be are consider the inane words of a filthy casual infidel. 

Any suggestion that would make this game more accessible is immediately shunned by the cool kids like p3nnus. 

 

On 11/26/2019 at 3:59 PM, walkr2 said:

But Im 90% certain, This is a bad idea, would definitely water down the player base and would create more problems in terms of people cheesing the system and such.

Care to elaborate?

Edited by KageOni
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
p4nnus
13 hours ago, CallSignTango said:

We could very reasonably argue, that adding the option to solo que will increase the playerbase overall as it will help with retention, and appeal to those players who are not interested in team death matches.  Until (unless, perhaps it was attempted very early on?) it's actually tested, we can only speculate as to the actual impact it would have.  I can find player's, and likely potential players, who would support both sides of the argument.

I see a lot of people saying 4-5 man teams lack coordination, and meme about why.  While dismissing entirely, that yes there are some really good 4-5 man teams out there, and the number of those skilled teams will only increase as they practice and gain experience... this argument is a self defeating one, given enough time.

At the end of the day, I'm not the one worried about growing the player base, I've found some friends to run my pmc with and I enjoy solo scav life quite a bit. 

Edit: In closing, It would just be cool to see the game appeal to more people, and thus have a bigger hook on the market share.  Means we ALL get more people to play with, regardless of play style preference.

Yeah, you could argue that reasonably if the the development of EFT was just to make as much money as possible. But its not the case. Its been clear since early on, that the fellas at BSG have a strong vision (one Im trying to convey here with very poor success, thanks to you guys not reading anything) and they intend to follow it. I think Nikita described the game like this in 2017: "its a niche game for a niche community". This means that they are developing the game for certain kind of players that are NOT the majority of FPS gamers. :screkit:

Yeah, there are good teams as well, but if you INSIST on playing solo, there are ways you can actually benefit from going against big squads. Its very simple, but you will still be at a disadvantage as theres only one of you. Thats the F'n point man! Did you read ANY of the posts above? EFT is meant to be played in a squad so there wont be any modes for solo players

2 hours ago, KageOni said:

The problem from I have seen is that there isn't much room for discussion on this forum as it's pretty toxic. Basically, any suggestion that that goes against their holy vision of what they and "the devs" (nothing against the devs them selves but I see "the devs said it" all the time being used to shut down discussion) feel this game should be are consider the inane words of a filthy casual infidel. 

Any suggestion that would make this game more accessible is immediately shunned by the cool kids like p3nnus. 

Care to elaborate?

Hahahah if you guys would even follow the rules of the forums, there wouldnt be such toxicity in these comments. Newbies keep posting the same shewd week after week. Ive been watching this for 2 years now. Use the search function ffs! 

If and when, I emphasize they have done this many times, the devs have confirmed that this feature will not be implemented to the game, theres literally no point in suggesting it over and over again. Its only cluttering the forums and making the actual new and interesting suggestions harder to find.

The game is not meant to be more accessible like what you guys suggest. Its meant to be hard, unforgiving, played with friends as a squad and with a tall, steep learning curve! I will repeat this as many times as needed, as it seems impossible for you guys to understand from the first 5 times.

I will end this by quoting the emissar, if you dont believe a cool dude like me. And thanks for the compliment! :sctroll:

On 11/26/2019 at 10:08 AM, Madiakz said:

There is no match making like this and its been confirmed many times that there will not be. 

Not knowing who or how many you're up against is by design, and something a lot of the community enjoy. 

Edited by p4nnus
  • Cold 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sYs

No. It goes against the core of EFT.

Matchmaking is only gonna be available in the arena mode as far as i understood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CallSignTango
11 hours ago, p4nnus said:

Hahahah if you guys would even follow the rules of the forums, there wouldnt be such toxicity in these comments. Newbies keep posting the same shewd week after week. Ive been watching this for 2 years now. Use the search function ffs! 

 

The game is not meant to be more accessible like what you guys suggest. Its meant to be hard, unforgiving, played with friends as a squad and with a tall, steep learning curve! I will repeat this as many times as needed, as it seems impossible for you guys to understand from the first 5 times.

Pretty sure this is the Dev feedback subsection for suggestions/questions and comments.

As there are always going to be new players, this topic is likely to be raised again (and again, and again).  You are not a Dev yourself, and I'm not sure you yet understand why it's a recurring concept.  After 2 years.  Your actually making excuses to justify being toxic to the other guy.

While I can respect your opinion, I can argue the logic confidently.  Seems your unwilling, or unable, to do either of these.  Since most of us have paid for the opportunity to express some of these concerns, are using the right sub forum, (and even sharing threads), perhaps General Chat is more your venue.

A handful of dudes posting they don't like it (repeatedly), who represent at best a bare minimal % of the player base, does not reflect an overall opinion of the community.  It's tough to ignore the fact, that as the questions, and complaints arising from the lack of solo que, arise from multiple sources over time, it's likely something many others felt worth having a real discussion about. 

Edited by CallSignTango
Words
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2