BaconSniper

Thermal Scopes Need Many More Restricions

BaconSniper

I don't have a problem with Thermals in general . They need bigger penalties, such as not being able to put them in your gamma. It should also be time sensitive, so it over heats if on too long . Or something like that. If equipped you can't have any secondary scope on that gun. Just a couple ideas to make it harder to use, I really don't like the way thermals can just clear servers so fast and easy at the moment. Anyone else have any ideas to make the thermal play a bit more balanced? 

• Sad 3
  • Upvote 3

sYs

Add more heat sources to the map ;)

That swamp and warm air from it should light up thermals so bad that you couldn't see anything on interchange near swamps.

More heat sources in maps  = harder to uses thermals. 

Its up to devs how to balance it out. So far best balance is rarity and price while staying true to the items in game.

Edited by sYs
  • Upvote 3

BaconSniper

@sYs That's a really good idea. Players already have unlimited money so price is not really an issue. 100k is a small price to pay for something  that over powered you can just throw in your gama if you get in trouble. They are not very rare. I have 2 and most people I know have more than I do.

Edited by BaconSniper

Paescu96

Simply make them more realistic.

Backpacks haven't an higher temperature than the Surrounding, a Gun you haven't fired to. Helmets, Ballisticvests, even a Jacket or good Pants are very effective heat isolators. 

Eft wants to be Realistic. Sights that magically Mark the whole Charactermodel, with the same Mechanic CoD uses, shouldn't exist. Sights that only marks the Sources of heat and parts it isn't concealt, have a place in this (try to be)realistic game.

Sry for bad English

• Upvote 1

Phoenixsui
vor 32 Minuten schrieb BaconSniper:

@sYs That's a really good idea. Players already have unlimited money so price is not really an issue. 100k is a small price to pay for something  that over powered you can just throw in your gama if you get in trouble. They are not very rare. I have 2 and most people I know have more than I do.

And do you use them? And if no why not if they are such a benefit?

I think it is planned, they will need battery.

In my opinion they are fine at the moment.

Edited by Phoenixsui
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

BaconSniper

@Phoenixsui Yes I do use mine for some tasks.  You really think they are fine?? I can see player way in the distance before they ever will see me, I can even use it in day time. You just use it as a scanner if you want and put it away so you never loose it. Is kinda dumb in my opinion.

Cman1337

Their FPS is low, they also give you lower FPS when looking through, they're not really good in close combat. They are only OP on big Maps like Shoreline or Woods. I agree that they may be limited to a certain distance like in rl.

Edited by Cman1337

ROSHIK

Just look in reality NOT COMBAT thermal. U have NO any chance in reality against it.

Phoenixsui
vor 49 Minuten schrieb BaconSniper:

@Phoenixsui Yes I do use mine for some tasks.  You really think they are fine?? I can see player way in the distance before they ever will see me, I can even use it in day time. You just use it as a scanner if you want and put it away so you never loose it. Is kinda dumb in my opinion.

Yes i think they are ok. It is what you get for actually invest in gear to up survival rate just like ammo and armor or nightvision or headphones.

They have limited sight range, they are pixelated, they have low fps, stamina emptys fast, expensiv scopes, hard to divide enemy from friend, headshots are not easy, one of them is huge and take away field of view, enemys are sometimes not seen until to late when moving behind hard cover and more.

Enemys should not move in the open to avoid beeing detected.

I agree the helmet was op but scopes are fine.

I have only encountered 1 squad with thermals this wipe and i am lvl 40 so many raids were played. Even bevor wipe noone used them. And we kolled them on shoreline after flanking and searching them for 5 mins. I really don’t know how they didn’t detect us.

I don’t think they need drastical change or they get useless.

edit: the container problem would be solved if the SC would be blocked but the community doesnt want that. BSG currently even allowed to put bitcoins etc into certain containers and even increased amount of high end loot that goes into SC and added even bigger sicc container.

Edited by Phoenixsui
  • Upvote 1

Yeavo
12 minutes ago, Phoenixsui said:

the container problem would be solved if the SC would be blocked but the community doesnt want that. BSG currently even allowed to put bitcoins etc into certain containers and even increased amount of high end loot that goes into SC and added even bigger sicc container.

Not to totally get the conversation off the rails but I think SC should be a form of quest inventory/safe. If you have a quest markers for that item (the yellow one) you can put it in otherwise it would act as out only safe. So no thermals in raid and once they're out they can't be put back in.

PS. Mission related keys should be also quest marked. To help with progression.

Edited by Yeavo

Bed3viL

If I'm going to be critical about it, they could improve how bodies look in thermals while wearing heavy gear, that alone I feel would balance it out more.   As it is now.  everything is just fine.  They function pretty much how real like thermals operate.  Batteries would make it for sure something people use a bit more sparingly

BaconSniper

I would be happy if they incorporated batteries and no Gamma.. If you bring it and die you loose it. :)

@Phoenixsui We you don't really need head shots just a high caliber bullet , spam 3 or 4 body shots and most will drop before they even knew what hit them.

AvIt21

There is nothing wrong with how thermal scopes are right now. You argue that people have infinite money but that really is not the case. I have friends that are still below 1 mill.

If they were really THAT op then every man hand his dog would be cruising with them, but the fact is the cost ( no matter how cheap you think ) is off putting to some people. Imagine slapping one on a baby ak that ak is already 150k more than any other baby ak, so that plays on people's minds. 

I use mine on my EBR which I built and I use them all the time. I play the support role for my group and it works very very well.

LoginTaken
On 11/15/2019 at 12:04 AM, Phoenixsui said:

And do you use them? And if no why not if they are such a benefit?

I think it is planned, they will need battery.

In my opinion they are fine at the moment.

A battery is good.