Sign in to follow this  
JACKAL45

Factory Max Party Size Limit

JACKAL45

Suggestion to reduce Factory map party size max to 2-3 players to reduce issue with 5 vs 1 PMC on Factory. 

Forien

There are many people who will tell you there is no issue with killing team of 5 as solo player.. 

Git gud i guess. 

You can always avoid them and extract as well 

JACKAL45

I agree that groups of 5 are normally pretty disorganized and can be killed. That is not the issue. My suggestion is that for Factory only that the max group size be reduced due to the much smaller area of the map and the smaller number of players. Factory would be more fun in my opinion if several small groups battled it out vs a 5 man spawn rushes the 1 man, then just kills scavs the entire raid. 

sorrow666

agreed the get good mindset needs to leave lol not everyone has 20 to 18hrs a day to play this junk.

walkr2

I would be happy if maps had different group limits. Example: Factory max size 3, labs max size 4, just to allow for better free flowing pvp. I’m pretty sure if you load into a labs lobby as a 5man, your body count is actually 50% of the lobby limit.. which is a little silly in my eyes, and other alternative that I wouldn’t mind seeing instead would be to increase the player limit by 2 or so on select maps

Rock55

Could be in the future possible to choose 2 gameplay types of each map or at least most maps: single players and others, where is 2-5 players.

Zipzip

I mainly only play solo, but I feel like this is a flawed way of thinking. I don't feel like this game should be casual friendly at any point. If you go solo, you run the risk of having to gun down a group of 5. Challenging, but I have done it once before and made it out with millions in loot. This one run has made up for every other time that I've lost to a group of 5. Plus the feeling of pride from winning such an engagement is worth losing my entire stash over. I would never want this to change. 

Is it unfair for players who are bad at the game. It most certainly is, no questions there. But you would never get such a great feeling in a game if it just turned casual.

1. Wow I killed a player in factory(Solo vs Solo)
  2. Wow my group of 2 just took out a group of 2(Group vs group)
  3. Wow i just took out a full group of 5 players(1 vs 5)

What example would make you feel like a boss for several weeks?

Edited by Zipzip
  • Upvote 1

N1shazu
2 hours ago, Zipzip said:

I don't feel like this game should be casual friendly at any point. If you go solo, you run the risk of having to gun down a group of 5.

I agree. I keep repeating the same thing. People focus too much on what is fair or unfair when there is no such thing in a war zone. It isn’t a solo game. Wanna play solo? Hatchling? In group? It’s your choice. Just get out alive if you can. Certainly the game shouldn’t help you just cuz you’re a new player, bad Skilled or if you have little time to play. We all learned the game the same hard way, and still Die for silly mistakes.

Sleepyyy

It has been said over and over that Tarkov is a game meant to be played with a team/squad. I doubt that will change, but you have different options for yourself. Unless you're doing quests on factory, avoid that map if you're having trouble pvp'ing. You can also get a friend and reduce the odds of being 1 vs 5, to being a 2 vs 4 making the odds quite equal, you take two he takes two. :begreat:

Worst case scenario, if you want to improve in factory and you insist on going there alone, I have two suggestions for you, the first one is hang tight in a certain area and focus on the gunshots, try to realize if there's a squad or people are actually killing each other and play depending on the sounds, and my second suggestion is play according to the spawns, obviously this one requires more map knowledge and actual good gameplay from you, but once you get experienced enough you should be able to realize from where you spawn, where to expect others to spawn at and either corner them or ambush them.

ODD

To paraphrase Sleepyyy, this has got to be one of the worst suggestions to have been posted on this forum. 

p4nnus
On 11/15/2019 at 5:22 PM, JACKAL45 said:

Suggestion to reduce Factory map party size max to 2-3 players to reduce issue with 5 vs 1 PMC on Factory. 

I disagree. The map is supposed to be hard. Im not saying git gud, but try to learn how to maneuver around groups. Usually you can make surprisingly aggressive plays against them once you get the first one down. Just keep moving and shooting, eventually youll get there.

On 11/16/2019 at 3:40 AM, sorrow666 said:

agreed the get good mindset needs to leave lol not everyone has 20 to 18hrs a day to play this junk.

Thats a really poor argument. You could just get yourself a few friends to even up the odds, just as the friendly sherpa there mentioned. One man is at a tactical disadvantage always, no matter if its against 2 or 5 enemies. 

On 11/22/2019 at 8:48 AM, walkr2 said:

I would be happy if maps had different group limits. Example: Factory max size 3, labs max size 4, just to allow for better free flowing pvp. I’m pretty sure if you load into a labs lobby as a 5man, your body count is actually 50% of the lobby limit.. which is a little silly in my eyes, and other alternative that I wouldn’t mind seeing instead would be to increase the player limit by 2 or so on select maps

No, thats not better free flowing and you know it. Thats "easier for smaller groups" flowing.

On 11/23/2019 at 2:35 PM, Rock55 said:

Could be in the future possible to choose 2 gameplay types of each map or at least most maps: single players and others, where is 2-5 players.

No. Please dont try to adjust this game to your needs, adjust your playstyle and attitude according to the games needs. This has been asked by countless newbies before and its not gonna happen, confirmed YEARS ago.

• Upvote 1

walkr2
1 hour ago, p4nnus said:

I disagree. The map is supposed to be hard. Im not saying git gud, but try to learn how to maneuver around groups. Usually you can make surprisingly aggressive plays against them once you get the first one down. Just keep moving and shooting, eventually youll get there.

Thats a really poor argument. You could just get yourself a few friends to even up the odds, just as the friendly sherpa there mentioned. One man is at a tactical disadvantage always, no matter if its against 2 or 5 enemies. 

No, thats not better free flowing and you know it. Thats "easier for smaller groups" flowing.

No. Please dont try to adjust this game to your needs, adjust your playstyle and attitude according to the games needs. This has been asked by countless newbies before and its not gonna happen, confirmed YEARS ago.

I pretty much only pvpd factory for 90% of last wipe. Over 2000 factory raids, I’m not agreeing with him for my Benefit. trust me. What I’m saying is, they need to allow more players per map, or not allow 5 mans on factory. Five v one isn’t good gameplay for anyone. As someone who religiously plays factory for PvP, there should be more players. I can’t see why someone would disagree with this, unless they are one of those players who always run in five mans

p4nnus
4 hours ago, walkr2 said:

I pretty much only pvpd factory for 90% of last wipe. Over 2000 factory raids, I’m not agreeing with him for my Benefit. trust me. What I’m saying is, they need to allow more players per map, or not allow 5 mans on factory. Five v one isn’t good gameplay for anyone. As someone who religiously plays factory for PvP, there should be more players. I can’t see why someone would disagree with this, unless they are one of those players who always run in five mans

I disagree. Its already almost deathmatch as it is and its not meant to be. Its a small map and I dont think its gonna be larger at any point. 5vs1 is "insane" difficulty level and you accept this chance if you go in alone. EFT is not meant to be played alone. 

• Upvote 1