Sign in to follow this  
MG101

Horrible performance

MG101

As the title says, first and foremost this is not a bashing thread. But more so perhaps a way to find an explanation to the poor performance of the game itself.

Currently, i am dealing with consecutive freezes/lockups moments before engaging the enemy. Before getting infantile comments such as ''git gud''....
The fps is occasionally fine  up till getting hit 1st by a player, when scavs spawn in or after the 1st 2 rounds being fired of my gun.

So far i have tried: A minor fix that works is clearing the game cache every other 3 raids and restart the game.
But other then that i attempted, updating every driver, cleaning HDDs, excluding every other sound device but my audio interface, unplugged USB devices that are not in use, upping CPU priority on EFT process....To no avail and it's frustrating to lose 100k's of roubles on gear on something i cant fix. Money that could have been saved to upgrade my stash to level 2. 

I can not comprehend why performance/optimization is not prioritized in a game where split second decisions in CQC situations can make a difference between life or death.

Hopefully someone knows a better fix or logical explanation as to why this remains an issue.

PS: i own the game almost 2 years 

GhostZ69
15 minutes ago, MG101 said:

PS: i own the game almost 2 years 

Then you should know there is really nothing you can do.  Most of that is server side.  Some people with great rigs have all of the above with a ton of other problems, other people are running the game on a Commodore 64 and it runs at 800 Frames Per Second and they might have once, way back in the day seen a partial stutter when 2,182 scavs all spawned in at the same time and shot full auto M4's at them.

• Like 1

MG101
On 11/17/2019 at 2:26 AM, GhostZ69 said:

Then you should know there is really nothing you can do.  Most of that is server side.  Some people with great rigs have all of the above with a ton of other problems, other people are running the game on a Commodore 64 and it runs at 800 Frames Per Second and they might have once, way back in the day seen a partial stutter when 2,182 scavs all spawned in at the same time and shot full auto M4's at them.

After further digging i came to realize that restarting the game every other 2 or 3 raids and clearing the BSG cache folder makes the game more stable overall. Memory leak issue ? regardless, remains a frustrating issue. 

tracker
On 16/11/2019 at 20:08, MG101 said:

Como dice el título, en primer lugar, este no es un hilo conductor. Pero más aún, tal vez sea una forma de encontrar una explicación al pobre desempeño del juego en sí.

Actualmente, estoy lidiando con congelamientos / bloqueos consecutivos momentos antes de atacar al enemigo. Antes de recibir comentarios infantiles como '' git gud '' ...
El fps ocasionalmente está bien hasta que un jugador lo golpea primero, cuando aparecen scavs en o después de que se disparen las primeras 2 rondas de mi arma.

Hasta ahora lo he intentado: una solución menor que funciona es limpiar el caché del juego cada 3 incursiones y reiniciar el juego.
Pero aparte de eso, intenté actualizar todos los controladores, limpiar discos duros, excluir todos los demás dispositivos de sonido que no sean mi interfaz de audio, dispositivos USB desconectados que no están en uso, aumentar la prioridad de la CPU en el proceso EFT ... De nada sirvió y es frustrante perder 100k de rublos en equipo en algo que no puedo arreglar. Dinero que podría haberse ahorrado para actualizar mi escondite al nivel 2. 

No puedo comprender por qué el rendimiento / optimización no tiene prioridad en un juego donde las decisiones de fracción de segundo en situaciones de CQC pueden marcar la diferencia entre la vida o la muerte.

Esperemos que alguien conozca una mejor solución o explicación lógica de por qué esto sigue siendo un problema.

PD: tengo el juego casi 2 años 

hello I have a similar problem and what I did was to use a program called Unpark CPU that helps to release all the cores that do not work while playing giving better performance. 

Here I leave the link of the program download it and try to see if you are lucky and it works like me:  https://coderbag.com/programming-c/disable-cpu-core-parking-utility