Sign in to follow this  
qS_Sachiel

Freezes in menu

qS_Sachiel

Guys, played like 1 day of .12 before i went off to work for a fortnight and a half.

came back and built a new PC-

i79700KF boosting at 4.6MHz, 2x8GB 3200MHz RAM running with XMP on Z390E mobo and a m.2SSD 500G with plenty of space to spare.

since switching to the new hardware, i get frequent and almost immediate hard-freezes in the main menu/trader/quests etc (not in-game, although i generally cant get out of menu into raid without it freezing).

In other games i have no issue. Hunt: Showdown, DOOM'16, Squad all run flawlessly.

I've tried: 

verifying game files, reinstalling, clearing cache. Told that these are not solutions to a hard-freeze (requiring reset on chassis) though.

Any issues or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Sach

ThatsKool

First try to do a benchmark and see if anything throttles with your components (If you see something wrong with the benchmark then its your components)

Try to completely remove even the launcher. It might be something to due with a corrupted file I think. If its not a corrupted file then it has to do with your hardware because for example if you play Rainbow Six Siege its very cpu dependent so if your gpu is throttling for some reason at high settings it wont matter as much in Rainbow compared to some other games. (If you wanna go the extra mile reset your pc if you don't have anything important on it). I had issues before in games and a simple solution sometimes is just to reset your pc it feels more clean after and it sometimes fixes the problem because most game issues are direct result of corrupted files. I had an issue like this with freezing in Civilization V. At first I couldn't find the issue so I just reset my pc and checked my components after that then it worked fine.