Sign in to follow this  
Runny_Blumpkin

The update system for this game is SH!T

Runny_Blumpkin

I have been trying to update this game for days.  Every 15-30 minutes I get the following message "Unable to read data from transport connection.  The connection was closed." with a button to CANCEL or RETRY.  At which time the download stops.  I press RETRY and the game continues its download for another 15 or so minutes, at which time the cycle repeats.  If I'm not at the keyboard to press RETRY, the download is paused indefinitely until I do press RETRY. Why in the F*CK doesn't it retry automatically?  Who knows...lets continue. After two days of this nonsense with my blazing fast 5 meg connection, I finally reach 100% and the game loads the updates....wait, no it doesn't.  Half way through loading the update data, it gives me a message that a file is corrupted and gives me a button to REPAIR.  I press the REPAIR button and after doing whatever it does, I get a message saying the file is corrupt and to REINSTALL.  I press REINSTALL and it begins downloading THE ENTIRE GAME.  Here is where the real fun starts...I get to play the whole  "Unable to read data from transport connection.  The connection was closed."  CANCEL or RETRY game again, but this time with a much larger number of files.  Did I mention the update system for this game is SH!T ?

• Sad 1

sYs

So many players and there is You.

Only one with this issue.

Crying and swearing on forums.

Could asked for help? Nahh.. That's lame.

You have a connection issues in your internet connection and in your head too apparently. 

Thats on your and your ISP side and issue with request headers. 

Wouldn't be surprised if  you are from Singapore. 

So if you want to actually solve the problem first of all you should troubleshoot your connection by  disabling all firewalls for testing purposes on your pc and your router. 

szafir1978

Or try use vpn

Runny_Blumpkin

No problem with Steam updates, No problem with Epic Games Store updates, No problem with Uplay, No problem with Origin, etc, etc, etc….yeah, its obviously MY internet connection and not BSGs update system.  

Thumbs up.

Klosteinmann
vor einer Stunde schrieb Runny_Blumpkin:

No problem with Steam updates, No problem with Epic Games Store updates, No problem with Uplay, No problem with Origin, etc, etc, etc….yeah, its obviously MY internet connection and not BSGs update system.  

Thumbs up.

I would like to see a point in what you're making but quite obviously you're just acting childish now. Why didn't you instead post this as an suggestion for the developers to auto-retry option inside the BSG Launcher nobody is perfect and even companys can make mistakes forgive and forget and quite honestly it's not the fault of developers or publishers that your download speed is slow. Complain with your ISP and find solutions and try going at it with a manner that disolves conflicts and not creates new ones.

I might add here because we're already in the discussion for it I had some trouble and my friend to update the game and we both had to restart the update process a couple of times until it finally worked sucessfully. I live in germany so if a team member sees this you might wanna investigate what went wrong.

Edited by Klosteinmann
Added second paragraph about personal experince

Runny_Blumpkin
37 minutes ago, Klosteinmann said:

I would like to see a point in what you're making but quite obviously you're just acting childish now. 

I would call it more akin to venting in a salty manner than "acting childish", but to each his own.  

As far as the point I'm making, perhaps I was not clear enough.  My point is that we are about 45 days away from the year 2020.  Neither the internet, nor download distributed games are in their infancy, but you sure as hell cant see that with BSGs game distribution  and update system.  With Steam, I can literally force a download to stop by, oh lets say I intentionally disable my network card.  When my internet connection is restored, Steam will automatically and without any user input, resume the download that was in progress.  This is not a concept only to steam, as most of the game distribution services I use will do this.  The only one that I can think of off the top of my head that does not auto restart is BSGs Tarkov.  So I guess my point in all this is that BSGs update system for this game is SH!T.