Sign in to follow this  
brushyrush444

account hackers

brushyrush444

I suggest everyone changes password, sets up authenticator and adds extra email in security on website. My friends account was hacked and i think they tried to get into mine aswell. I got an email stating someone from a foreign ip tried to log my account. heads up!

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Klosteinmann

I don't wanna sound rude here but must be said

• First security has to be done before something happens.
  • Second of all just because someone attempt to login doesn't make it a system wide or database security isssue. Or even a "hacking" incident the hacker might had seen you over the friends-lists account and try to brute-force their way into your account. Luckily he didn't seem to get access and the system informed you before and probably locked the account before damage happend.
  • Third please take appropiate messaures and most important don't panic.
  • Fourth this is a heads up regarding security the biggest security flaw is always the person behind the screen doesn't matter if it's in a private or in business enviorment most hackers are pretty well known for social-enginering. Which stands in conflict with the classic stereotype we imagine of a hacker portraied by hollywood and TV that hackers are nerds which are outside of the mainframe and are all very introverted always look out for a way to penalize you with no noteable social skills outsiders. While in real-life it's quite the opposite.

Also it's a noble move to introduce others to these security messaurments but I kinda just wanna let that sink into your mind for a little don't cause panic for other users which might feel uneasy and uncomfortable with the system as a hole.

Because the system itself works and everyone for themselves should value privacy and security the way they want that's the beauty of freedom in choice while not gonna lie it's stupid to not use them because you're self risking your own data and login credentials. Even more sadly in most cases for multiple accounts and services.

Edited by Klosteinmann
Changed second issue from he to / the hacker. Fixed typos in 4 Line. Added a new paragraph about the system working.

brushyrush444

just tryin to help out there chico

• Upvote 1

ThatsKool
1 hour ago, brushyrush444 said:

just tryin to help out there chico

So essentially make sure everything is up to date. The most simple solution to account hacking is 2 factor auth and a good password with special character, numbers and Capital letters. Even if the hacker gets your password he cant bypass the 2 factor auth.

brushyrush444
15 hours ago, ThatsKool said:

So essentially make sure everything is up to date. The most simple solution to account hacking is 2 factor auth and a good password with special character, numbers and Capital letters. Even if the hacker gets your password he cant bypass the 2 factor auth.

That is a better way to say was I had said. thank you :D

• Like 1