Madiakz

Application Status

Madiakz

Escapers,

To all of you that have applied to join the Sherpa program firstly I would just like to thank you for volunteering to help new players in the community, we all know how starting out in Escape from Tarkov can be very punishing until you get to grips with the basics.

I understand that some players believe the program has stopped, others that are frustrated that they have not had a reply to their application and I would just like to clear a few things up.

The Sherpa program is still very much alive and kicking, we have Sherpas from all over the world helping players on a daily basis not just on the forums and the official Discord server but other community driven groups. Please bear in mind that this not our full time job, we volunteer to do this to help the community.

There has been a staggering amount of applications, which is great to see so many players wanting to help, but obviously this takes a lot of time to sort through and reply to. We also have to find a balance between the amount of Sherpas and the volume of requests coming in not to mention other factors such as regions, servers played on and languages.

So what does this mean for you and your application? Remember that the Sherpa role is not for everyone, we are looking for veteran players that know the game well, not just how to complete tasks but how to play tactically, hints and tips to survive to ensure the new player gets the best possible experience in the Sherpa raids.

If you are serious about joining the Sherpa program then showing you are actively engaging with the community through the forums and community Discords will absolutely go in your favor when I come to review your application, don't forget their are limited spaces available so you need to show some commitment to the program, some drive that you really want that place on the team!

Thanks once again for stepping up to help the community!

Regards,

Madiakz 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Rohrkrepierer

Hi @Madiakz
I handed in an application to the sherpa program to become a Sherpa myself over a year ago, and have never gotten a reply on it I believe.

I would like to reapply if my application is out of date by now or was inadequate at the time, however I can't find the appplication form anywhere on the website and would be glad for some pointers in the right direction from someone. 

Best regards,

Rohrkrepierer o7

Madiakz

Hi @Rohrkrepierer

Thanks for your interest in the Sherpa program. Not all applications are replied to due to the volume of interests in the position, there is no need to re-apply that is why the button is not visible or we would have even more applications with duplicates you see. 

I am currently looking for community driven members that actively engage with players through the forums and the official Discord server, if this is something you would be interested in please send me a PM and we can discuss it further. 

Thank you for volunteering to help new players in Tarkov! It really is appreciated 😀 

Admuun

hey! @Madiakz what are some of the minimum requirements to be accepted as a sherpa? I'm really interested and would love to be an official sherpa and not just help my friends but as many people as i can because imo it is some of the most fun experiences i have in this game. Thanks!

Edited by Admuun

Madiakz
On 12/3/2019 at 1:51 AM, Admuun said:

hey! @Madiakz what are some of the minimum requirements to be accepted as a sherpa? I'm really interested and would love to be an official sherpa and not just help my friends but as many people as i can because imo it is some of the most fun experiences i have in this game. Thanks!

Hello @Admuun

There are no official requirements as such no, but as there are limited spaces one thing we are really focusing on are community driven members.

Asher

I applied to be a Sherpa a long time ago and would also like to re-apply if at all possible. I was newer to the game when I applied originally but have since learned a great deal and have spent much of my time passing this information along to others as I try to always bring other players with me and to help them with tasks. If  I could re-submit my application I would be most appreciative.

Yours,

BeaverReaver.

Madiakz

Hello @Asher

There is no need to resubmit your application, just need to show some commitment on the forums and official Discord server please. 

ManiacFR

I'm looking forward to become a Sherpa ! I know i would be a great fit :) thanks for your help so far @madiakz i'll be engaging with people around here and on discord ! To be honnest, i really enjoy helping new players and bringing them into raids with me ! 

If anyone reads this and would like to receive some help, feel free to dm me !

ManiacFr

• Like 2

Pretzel

I posted my application a long time ago, but i will take your advice and try to be as active on the forums and on discord. I am known in my community for helping new players and teaching them the basics, so i would love to become a Sherpa and help players in need.

• Upvote 1

MKJR

It thrills me to see such a drive in the community revolving around the Sherpa program! It seems like such a cruel punch starting off in Escape From Tarkov, however with the proper guidance from community driven members it will boost the confidence of the newer generations of players to come! Thank you everyone for being so awesome!

• Like 1

SgtSanborne

how does one apply I've been looking around but haven't found how to apply, maybe I've missed it but I've seen the ask for help one to get a Sherpa to assist you but not how to apply. As Im very active in this game and have helped a lot of new players some friends and some randoms. any help on the application process would be greatly appreciated. thank you for your time

Edited by SgtSanborne

Chalk4
On 11/19/2019 at 4:51 AM, Madiakz said:

Escapers,

To all of you that have applied to join the Sherpa program firstly I would just like to thank you for volunteering to help new players in the community, we all know how starting out in Escape from Tarkov can be very punishing until you get to grips with the basics.

I understand that some players believe the program has stopped, others that are frustrated that they have not had a reply to their application and I would just like to clear a few things up.

The Sherpa program is still very much alive and kicking, we have Sherpas from all over the world helping players on a daily basis not just on the forums and the official Discord server but other community driven groups. Please bear in mind that this not our full time job, we volunteer to do this to help the community.

There has been a staggering amount of applications, which is great to see so many players wanting to help, but obviously this takes a lot of time to sort through and reply to. We also have to find a balance between the amount of Sherpas and the volume of requests coming in not to mention other factors such as regions, servers played on and languages.

So what does this mean for you and your application? Remember that the Sherpa role is not for everyone, we are looking for veteran players that know the game well, not just how to complete tasks but how to play tactically, hints and tips to survive to ensure the new player gets the best possible experience in the Sherpa raids.

If you are serious about joining the Sherpa program then showing you are actively engaging with the community through the forums and community Discords will absolutely go in your favor when I come to review your application, don't forget their are limited spaces available so you need to show some commitment to the program, some drive that you really want that place on the team!

Thanks once again for stepping up to help the community!

Regards,

Madiakz 

Hi! 

I recently applied to the Sherpa program after finding a new love for introducing people into the game. A friend I vaguely new was having a really hard time with the game solo. He had been playing for 3 or 4 months and was largely disinterested. I offered to help him out! Our raids went pretty well and I was able to uncover loads of mechanics and show him how to really sink his teeth into the game. He now is having a blast and we play together regularly! I had a blast too and it has really shown me how sometimes people just need a person, not a youtube video to show them the way! As a bonus I now have a really solid duo partner and it has made the game even more fun for me too!

I see that you are looking for community driven players, I do watch streams and such, but I can tell you are looking for more than passive participation. That being said, are there any tasks that I can complete that will help lighten the load? I am more than happy to donate some of my time in order to help you guys out and get me started down the path of the Sherpa! 

Kind Regards, 
CommanderChalk4

Madiakz
2 hours ago, Chalk4 said:

Hi! 

I recently applied to the Sherpa program after finding a new love for introducing people into the game. A friend I vaguely new was having a really hard time with the game solo. He had been playing for 3 or 4 months and was largely disinterested. I offered to help him out! Our raids went pretty well and I was able to uncover loads of mechanics and show him how to really sink his teeth into the game. He now is having a blast and we play together regularly! I had a blast too and it has really shown me how sometimes people just need a person, not a youtube video to show them the way! As a bonus I now have a really solid duo partner and it has made the game even more fun for me too!

I see that you are looking for community driven players, I do watch streams and such, but I can tell you are looking for more than passive participation. That being said, are there any tasks that I can complete that will help lighten the load? I am more than happy to donate some of my time in order to help you guys out and get me started down the path of the Sherpa! 

Kind Regards, 
CommanderChalk4

That is awesome @Chalk4 and exactly the kind of reason I myself became a Sherpa, that personal touch can be a real game changer!

I am still working through the applications but there are 7K+ so it is a time consuming process, but the best advice I can give is just be active on the forums and official Discord helping players where you can so that when I get to your application you will have already shown some commitment and I can get you setup straight away! 

• Like 1

WIldBill2

Hello,

I just applied for the Sherpa program. I remember when I stated playing it was difficult and overwhelming. I paired up with a few people an they taught me most of what I know. Recently I have been Helping people who just picked up the game. I am enjoying walking through and showing them every detail of the game. I would like to take on the task of teaching more people. I play the game quite a bit, well since I picked it up it is basically the only game I play. I hope to be able to become a Sherpa and be more involved in the Tarkov Community.

Thank you,

WildBill2 

Chalk4
21 hours ago, Madiakz said:

That is awesome @Chalk4 and exactly the kind of reason I myself became a Sherpa, that personal touch can be a real game changer!

I am still working through the applications but there are 7K+ so it is a time consuming process, but the best advice I can give is just be active on the forums and official Discord helping players where you can so that when I get to your application you will have already shown some commitment and I can get you setup straight away! 

I hopped into discord last night under the name of, "a really big cat" and I will start hanging out on the forums! Thanks so much for the advice! :)

hayagaming

@Madiakz I sended you a pm about an apply for becoming a sherpa. Hope that you can read it once you have the time for it.

caetano9891

@Madiakz im sorry if i catch in a bad time, im writing this post cuz i apply for a Portuguese Sherpa and never had a response to it, i know sherpa program is not for everyone but i just wanna know if u guys get the application, and if in that case i was not accepted 

thx for your time

Madiakz
On 1/3/2020 at 8:43 AM, Madiakz said:

@WIldBill2 @hayagaming @caetano9891

WIldBill2

@Madiakz,

I understand how to use the discord very simple. What am I looking for in the forums? I am a bit lost on where to hang out to answer questions regarding the game in forums.

Wildbill2

Madiakz
24 minutes ago, WIldBill2 said:

@Madiakz,

I understand how to use the discord very simple. What am I looking for in the forums? I am a bit lost on where to hang out to answer questions regarding the game in forums.

Wildbill2

It doesn't have to be answering questions, just being involved with the community ;) I can also see how you interact etc with people, that's all I need really.

derpybird11898

Hey chief i've sent an application to be a sherpa and am eagerly awaiting your response // support suggested i spoke to you 

Sleepyyy
14 hours ago, derpybird11898 said:

Hey chief i've sent an application to be a sherpa and am eagerly awaiting your response // support suggested i spoke to you 

Applications are temporary closed.