Sign in to follow this  
dexas

Snowy maps

dexas

Winter is about to start and i thought of an idea to make current maps snowy as a seasonal event for a month or so. I always wanted a snowy map in EFT, but i doubt developers has any plans in creating a snowy map. So a seasonal event making a map or two into snowy maps would be a fun expierence for everyone.

• Like 2

SirBarnaby

The problem with this is that its a lot easier said than done, if you want them implemented properly.

Snow maps are planned though, i think it was supposed to be for future DLC

• Like 1

dexas

Ofcourse its not easy, nothing is easy when it comes to developing games. But sure it would be very interesting and unique.

GhostZ69
10 minutes ago, dexas said:

Ofcourse its not easy, nothing is easy when it comes to developing games. But sure it would be very interesting and unique.

Actually that is quite Incorrect.  A LOT of things are easy in game development.   Some of them are literally as easy as downloading a text file and copy and paste into your game.

Just saying.

Xarc
4 minutes ago, GhostZ69 said:

Actually that is quite Incorrect.  A LOT of things are easy in game development.   Some of them are literally as easy as downloading a text file and copy and paste into your game.

Just saying.

They have experience. Just watch a little more to see how the snow fill the map.  :)

Cyphirin

I think the main issue being that they would need to make arctic versions or new white colored equipment or else everyone is gonna stick out in the environment even when in deep shadows, I'm fairly sure that something like a winter map/winter versions of our favorite maps are gonna happen, just maybe not this year. Everything in this game needs careful balance, it just needs time. Guns can produce a lot of heat and that shows in very cold environments every time the gun gets fired. Realistically, the colder weather would also gum up the lubricant inside of most guns unless you have very high spec lube or very little lube, otherwise durability would fall a lot faster. Not to mention, your breath would fog up the hell out of face shields so in those maps you are very vulnerable to head shots unless you don't value seeing. Certain ammo even can face failure in temperature change, the thinness of brass means it's prone cracking in quick changes in temperature, this could cause the bullets fired to take bad angles, jam the gun, or screw up the gun entirely. This is just pertaining to your gun in this weather, not even what the cold would do to your body(just try running around in -10c weather-not adjusted for wind- with just an ACS and a fisher's vest on for an hour, it wouldn't be fun for anyone). Just a lot of change is gonna be needed to properly implement the real issues that come with winter in tarkov. As fun and as aesthetic as winter combat could be, there are a lot of issues with it too, and with EFT being a very realistic shooter, BSG is for sure gonna implement all the niceties and not so niceties of a tarkovian winter. We'll get one for sure, but it'll take time, and when it comes I'm fairly sure a lot of us are gonna want it to go away. But other than all that, I'm sure winter combat would add another level of amazing gameplay and grit to EFT.

GhostZ69
3 minutes ago, Cyphirin said:

and with EFT being a very realistic shooter,

Ah, man you had me going until I got to that.  Then I sensed the strong sarcasm from you.  Good read man.  Good read.

Cyphirin
11 minutes ago, GhostZ69 said:

Ah, man you had me going until I got to that.  Then I sensed the strong sarcasm from you.  Good read man.  Good read.

Not gonna lie, some part of me hopes they'll add all that mess just to screw with us.

GhostZ69
5 minutes ago, Cyphirin said:

Not gonna lie, some part of me hopes they'll add all that mess just to screw with us.

Well, weapon jams are a thing.  We have Fire Klean gun lube to help with some of that stuff.  So, not super far out of the range of things if they hire some good coders.