Sign in to follow this  
DasGegenmittel

My first Impression after 2xx+ Hours

DasGegenmittel

Dear Developers,

If you are interested I would provide you some Feedback related to: Bugs (Game Bugs (Graphical, Engine etc.), logical Bugs), Gameplay and Features.

This Topic is NOT ment to get commented by other Players. Please do not do so!

First off: I like this Game very much. After years without anything in this Genre a good EGO-Shooter is in Development (last ones I played are "Operation Flashpoint"-Series or "S.T.A.L.K.E.R"-Series, Titles like Battlefied make me get bored after some time.. they can be fun but yeah..."with Friends" they are fun, alone I get bored..).

I could provide plenty of "Input", furthermore I am a Programmer so I can maybe provide some hints about how to do something or I see what is already implemented and suggest to use it in another part of the Game too. Unsure to whom or where to address this (Forum, Tickets..) or how to phrase it: English is not my native Language but I assume none of you (Developers!) speaks german natively so I am forced to use english.

Let me provide an Example:

Your Flea Market is seriously flawed.

How come? If I look for an ITEM it provides me also Options to EXCHANGE (except Pay with money).

GREAT IDEA but how you made it is DEEPLY flawed!

First off: The Offers for EXCHANGE ITEMS are ALWAYS not calculated to the REAL WORLD PRICINGS.

What do I mean? Example (from "RIGHT NOW" DATA):

Vest: PACA -> Somebody wants 4 Light Bulbs, YOU claim this OFFER is worth 6000 (ALL TOGETHER).

Now searching for LIGHT BULB: >ONE< (cheapest) is offered for 9500R ....  >1<!!!

So the guy who EXCHANGES the PACA Vest wants 4 Bulbs, YOU claim this is worth 6000 (all 4 BULBS) but if I wanna BUY a BULB the CHEAPEST ONE IS 9500!

So the Vest cost EFFECTIVELY 9500*4 MINIMUM...!!

Your pricings are complete BULLSHIT.... Sorry to tell you this.

How to reasolv? EASY!

EACH HOUR (to not stress the Database and co) you sum up an AVERAGE PRICING of the ITEM listed for Exchange!

Lets assume: 5 Bulbs get sold via FLEA MARKET, they get sold FOR: 9000,9000,9000,20000,10000 -> In Mathematic: (9000+9000+9000+20000+10000)/5 -> AVG PRICE (==11400).

If 20751 Bulbs get sold you need to sum this up of course...

So he wants 4 Gulbs then this VEST cost right now: 4*11400 (since this is the "AVERAGE" pricing for this Item)

The price can go UP/DOWN each Hour related to market pricings of the Items he wanna have in exchange.

What is getting resolved? If you SORT via PRICE you get those Offers (with your wrong price Tags) in front of all others... this will resolve this Bug.

Furthermore: Add a FILTER to EXCLUDE ITEM EXCHANGE OFFERS where I do not have the ITEMS in Stock. So I can see quickly if I can trade or not without the need to buy a specific Item.

That is one example of a logical Issue in the Game... The logic to sort it and co: It all exists. You do not apply it...

Another logical Issue is in the Crafting:

I can produce mediPacks: YAY! \o/

But to produce it I need: Painkillers (Pills), Bandage and a Splint.

Issue: SPLINT itself heals BROCKEN BONES but the RESULTING crafted Medipack DOES NOT.

So it is a DISADVANTAGE to use a SPLINT and WASTE it for this since you can not heal the same Issues.

I get it that the Advantage of this Medipack is the HP it restores but the Requirements do not match since a "use case" ("heal" brocken Bones) gets lost.

Better would be: Require 1x Painkiller and maybe 3x Bandages. Since Bandages stop bleeding, Painkillers reduce Pain....

If I put Splints into my Medipack in RealLife their "function" wont get lost, if I break my foot or whatever I take the Medipack, take out the Splint...

Make it more realisticaly... Do not make "use cases" (Splint) disappear because I create a Medpack. then require more base-things wich shares the same use-case!

I could make far more suggestions if you want....

Also: it makes no sense to be able to store ONE Backpack in another.... ENDLESSLY....

Did you ever tried this in real life? Sure you can store ONE Backpack into another.. but not endlessly...

Why not introducing something in the Hideout wich enables Players to store Vests/Backpacks...

It would be so easy... to introduce a "Gardrobe" or so... where players can store X amount of Backpacks/Vests.

Sure 1 Backpack CAN store 1 Backpack of the same size, but not endlessly...

Design-Flaw in the Game: SCAV do get XP

I consider this a BUG, even if I play as PMC in a LOCAL VERSION (to simply enjoy the Map, spot locations) I GET XP: I consider this a BUG.

Even my Skills enhance if I play as SCAV. What is your Game-Design for a SCAV? I thought your Goal is that Players enjoy the Risk of palying PMCs.

But why should I if I can LEVEL UP as SCAV too and I can even do serval Tasks for Vendors...

Why risking my PMC-gear then?

My Idea: A Scav is an ALTER EGO from your PMC: It owns ALL Skills the PMC has, but it can NEVER improve them nor get XP (otherwise, like I do, People play SCAV to level up and make Task for Vendors.. why should I risk my PMC Gear? I can level up Skills and I can even do other things + I get free gear! Awesome!).

That would resolv it: The GAIN of playing SCAV should be that you can use (and keep) all Equipment (for FREE) and apply it to the PMC. There should be no other BENEFIT (like Leveling up Skills or getting XP).

Otherwise: Why should I play PMC?

Suggestion:

People who are playing alone (LIKE ME) play in a "hardcore" Mode and get matched against Groups.

DO MATCH GROUPS AGAINST EACH OTHERS FIRST, be it SCAV or PMC....

Those People are mostly sharing a Teamspeak or so and have anyway an Advantage over a single Player.

Match "Single Players" prefered against/with other single Players.

Most importent (and i am SERIOUS about this):

It pisses me off to QUIT THE GAME to REPORT A BUG: Make it possible to REPORT BUGS WITHIN THE GAME PLEASE.

Why the hell do I need to LEAVE the Game to submit a Bug via the Launcher?! Since if I submit it via the Webfrontend this looks again differently.

MAKE IT EASY for People to Report Bugs, YOU WANT THOSE REPORTS even 70% are maybe Junk... but you want this in the Beta Phase.....!

I have PLENTY of Rendering Issues, made Screenshots, then thought: Do I relay wanna quit now.... Nope, and forgot about them then later...

I am not kidding... after 200 Hours you "see" some Issues, be it minor or major...

Likely I am not alone: Please consider it to make REPORTING Bugs easier and make it possible to for Exmaple Report Renderbugs + Screenshots from within the Game!

Also: Please do ship DEBUG UTILITIES! I reported a Game Crash (had so far 2! VERY stable for a Beta I have to say but 2x the Game completly crashed).

I got tools provided by the Support now but: Why do you not include those tools by DEFAULT?! It is a Beta: You want those Data....

If Game Crashs a user likely wants to press a Button and all data should get determined by the Application, this could icnlude crash dumps and co! it is a BETA...

Ah and finaly: To make your Game smaler: Could you consider to use zsdt as Compression Algorithm? It should save serval MBs and decompression is as fast as deflate/gzip/zip.

You compress ONCE anyway... Years ago I would have recomended LZMA but zstd is simply better.

A and ONE last thing: for your MARKETING and SALES Department: ALLOW People to UPGRADE their Version....

I am sure some People buy the Basic Version to see if they like the Game and then "maybe" would support you more but they can not simply Upgrade (pay the DIFFERENCE..)..

And if you gonna distribute the GAME: GOG please.... next to STEAM....

But the decission is yours... ;)

Xarc
14 minutes ago, DasGegenmittel said:

It pisses me off to QUIT THE GAME to REPORT A BUG: Make it possible to REPORT BUGS WITHIN THE GAME PLEASE.

Why the hell do I need to LEAVE the Game to submit a Bug via the Launcher?! Since if I submit it via the Webfrontend this looks again differently.

Maybe because "your game" could freeze and you wouldn't be able to report something if the report is integrated into the game ?

I ask like a newbie.

DasGegenmittel
vor 7 Stunden schrieb Xarc:

Maybe because "your game" could freeze and you wouldn't be able to report something if the report is integrated into the game ?

I ask like a newbie.

I do had NON-critical Bugs in mind like Screenshots providing examples where Textures do not load.

For example: The DuffleBag at Customs at the Tent where the Guitarr is (close to Mil. base Train Exit and "Between 2 Rocks") does not load correctly. I always have to be close until this Texture gets loaded and it is just this specific Bag on the whole Customs Map.

That is something I can proof with 2 Screenshots and it is not critical. But I need to close the Game, write the Report, open the Game again... so it takes me like 10 Minutes to Report something non-critical wich is still a Bug.

And if the Game crashes? Perfect even (Crash means BUg, Bug means something went wrong, the worst Case are Bugs wich are not noticed... Bug wich are noticed can get fixed!)! That is a so called "Exception" (and you can apply so called "Exception handling") wich can get handled via programming and you could start the required Debugging-Tools (if they would ship witht he Game). If the Game crashs hard it mostly implies there is a Memory Violation and it got terminated by the OS itself... This is "harder" to Debug but still possible.

My request was not ment to be rude but it realy is a TradeOff here: My time to Report such Bugs vs. my time I can play the Game. :)

Since this Game is in BETA I think my request makes sense to report such Issues. And I think more People would Report such things if they notice it and not just think "Ah it is ok, it s a BETA"... because if the Developers do not know about such specific Bugs (like the Bag I noticed) they can not take a look...

Edited by DasGegenmittel
  • Upvote 1

Xarc
59 minutes ago, DasGegenmittel said:

I do had NON-critical Bugs in mind like Screenshots providing examples where Textures do not load.

The idea is not bad ... some will say "quality of life" I believe. But they will want to duplicate the report function from the launcher ?

1 hour ago, DasGegenmittel said:

My request was not ment to be rude

I don't find it to be rude.