Showl

Bigger bloodsplats/more confirmation of shots hitting?

Showl

My least favourite part about combat is when I'm having a gunfight across the street and I struggle to tell if my shots are hitting someone. It takes so many shots to kill and when you do hit there's barely any visual/audio confirmation.  Bloodsplats rarely come out thanks to armour and the characters don't react very much, making it super hard to tell when hits are landing besides when you're using a scope or when you're at point blank range.

I think making bloodsplats bigger, hit noises louder or having character models visibly jerk more when they get shot would make the combat a lot more satisfying, especially for lower level players facing giant armoured PMCs. What do you think?

Marcelo_1979

Try using a pair of active headsets, such as Sordin, Peltor Comtac2 or GSSH-01, they amplify low-level sounds and suppress loud noises. They all perform differently so I´d suggest to hop offline with a pair of each and figure out which one you like the most. 

I use them all the time because I can hear the bullet impacts on the target and also have a much better awareness of my surroundings. 

15 minutes ago, Showl said:

I think making bloodsplats bigger, hit noises louder or having character models visibly jerk more when they get shot would make the combat a lot more satisfying

I do agree you with you on this subject though, specially the jerking effect. Bullets cause a lot of trauma on human body and I would love to see the enemy "feel the pain" of getting hit by a projectile.

nightreaver

just to advertise something i found myself today :