Dealing with "The bag inside bag inside bag" issue

I thinking about the „bag inside bag inside bag” mechanic. I find this a little bit weird and unrealistic. I have an idea to change it:

-          Disable the ability to insert bag into another bag regardless the bag size

-          Add new options for bags: Roll / Unroll

What is rolling? This is an option to downsizing a backpack (e.g: scav backpack in unrolled state is 5*4 but in rolled state should be 1*3) Only empty backpack can be rolled and in a rolled state they are should stay empty. In rolled state the backpacks can be stacked (5 or 10 should be fine)

Some use case

-          I try to roll a bag while there is something inside – Message: Cannot roll. The bag is not empty.

-          In my stash there is 5 stacks of scav backpack and i try to unroll one of them – the stack size decreased to 4 and an unrolled, normal sized scav backpack appears in my stash.

-          My stash is full and I try to unroll – Message: Cannot unroll. No free space in stash

-          I have an equipped backpack and i try to roll. In offraid: my bag simply move into my stash. In raid: If I have space in my vest, my bag move there if not it should fall in the ground.

-          What should happen if I find a rolled bag on the ground? Same as if I find an unsearched bag. The options are: Take/Unroll.

-          What will happen if we found an unsearched bag on the ground and we want to take it? First as usual, we should select the „Search” option. After that we need to empty the bag. Third we need to select roll option than take.

(Pro tip: maybe we can skip one step but we need to improve the „Take” option for that. Empty unrolled bag on the ground -> „Take” option -> instant roll the bag and move in the backpack / vest – in that case we don't need +1 more „roll” option for taking a bag)

Thats it. I hope I don’t forget any more possible use cases😊

Why this solution is better than the actual one?

I think the actual „bag inside bag*10” is annoying especially in the middle of the raid, but it also weird in my stash too. In my solution disable this annoying feature and the whole inventory could be more simple and more transparent. I hope...:D

• Sad 1
N0PEY0UDIE

Why is a bag inside a bag offensive anyway? what is this hurting?

This game is NOT realistic, in any way other than the gun models..so why are you barking on about a bag inside a bag is not "realistic"? 

Sticking a bandage on a bullet wound doesn't magically make it better.. but IRL, I can put a bag inside a bag. I think your priorities on "realism" are misguided. 

• Sad 1
OneTrueLizardo
13 minutes ago, quango2k said:

This game is NOT realistic, in any way other than the gun models..so why are you barking on about a bag inside a bag is not "realistic"? 

Sticking a bandage on a bullet wound doesn't magically make it better.. but IRL, I can put a bag inside a bag. I think your priorities on "realism" are misguided. 

Thats a stupid arguement and you know it. With your logic we should just equip jetpacks and laser rifle because "the game will never be like real life anyway" 

Also shows you didn't read anything but the title since you would've known that he is suggesting you can put bags inside bags, but only when rolled in a wad. Please, just try, alright? 

Edited by OneTrueLizardo
beddamischia

More than the realism of it maybe you're bothered by the infinite matriosca backpack you can sometimes find on a fallen player.. 

Edited by beddamischia
Typo
N0PEY0UDIE
47 minutes ago, OneTrueLizardo said:

Thats a stupid arguement and you know it. With your logic we should just equip jetpacks and laser rifle because "the game will never be like real life anyway" 

Also shows you didn't read anything but the title since you would've known that he is suggesting you can put bags inside bags, but only when rolled in a wad. Please, just try, alright? 

Oh I read it, I just think this is small fry compared to everything else that is wrong with stashing items. 

So, putting a THICC case that is physically bigger than the man carrying it slots right in the bag, (with spare space) then you fill it with 20 rifles and sprint off with 500KG of goods on your back with two broken legs with magical splints on them, jumping over 3ft high pipes on the way with AI shooting through bushes at you whilst running out of hydration at a rate of knots and a 1ft square secure container up your anus. 

But sure, putting a bag inside a bag is an atrocity! And you want to be able to 'roll' them to put them in a bag (even though some of those bags have frames IRL and cannot be rolled) 

If "realism" is what you are hanging over the apparent issue, then I say again..your complaint is misguided. 

2 hours ago, Thormato said:

Maybe you should use the search function in the forum, the same idea got posted a hundred times already

OK. Then it is a hundred +1 Idea for this solution. Sorry but I have no time to check all the post, but if I have my own idea for better game experience then I going to post it in the future too. More posts at the same topic better than zero. This is only my opinion.

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, quango2k said:

Not offensive but unnecessary. Now if I look at my bag in the stash I cannot decide it is just 1 bag, 10 or 5472. And this is a problem I think. So... need to be put in order.

2 hours ago, Xarc said:

@Zynx Like this ? Of course should not be applied in the hideout ... just on the field/raid.

It could be also be used to slow down the progress.

No, but I understand what you mean. My main problem is the unnecessary bag "stacking". What you mentioned is also unrealistic, but in its own way it is fair. Fair, because you risk more for more storage capacity. If you bring Icase with you,  you risk to lose it, so it is a fair deal. 

NocturiusHD

I hate this idea.

I am forced to use the stack on stack method to maximize my "standard edition" accounts stash size. Which already is shitless small from scratch. 

If standard editions stash size was bigger, then this wasnt a big problem for me. Not to have the stack on stack method disabled. 

OneTrueLizardo
1 hour ago, quango2k said:

Oh I read it, I just think this is small fry compared to everything else that is wrong with stashing items. 

So, putting a THICC case that is physically bigger than the man carrying it slots right in the bag, (with spare space) then you fill it with 20 rifles and sprint off with 500KG of goods on your back with two broken legs with magical splints on them, jumping over 3ft high pipes on the way with AI shooting through bushes at you whilst running out of hydration at a rate of knots and a 1ft square secure container up your anus. 

But sure, putting a bag inside a bag is an atrocity! And you want to be able to 'roll' them to put them in a bag (even though some of those bags have frames IRL and cannot be rolled) 

If "realism" is what you are hanging over the apparent issue, then I say again..your complaint is misguided. 

Oh, I'm totally on board, there are a LOT of issues with thid game. Believe me, I am as disillusioned as you are. 

I see your point but I come from a point of view that EVERY issue should be fixed - bickering about which issue is the biggest and if only the biggest issue should be adressed is a bit backwards. How about we fix all of them? Pointing out the stupid mechanics about bags inside bags does not mean we don't care or don't want other issues fixed! Every fix is a welcomed one, no matter how big or small. 

• Like 1

I think this issue is a mild one. Speaking about stacking I would say we should have stacks of more obvious items taking up valuable space in our stashes now. Since the hideout introduction we are forced to keep all those duct tapes, bolts, bolt heads or something. 

I would prefer stacking match boxes 10 per 1 cell or capacitors or something. Helps with space management. 

26 minutes ago, NocturiusHD said:

I hate this idea.

I am forced to use the stack on stack method to maximize my "standard edition" accounts stash size. Which already is shitless small from scratch. 

If standard editions stash size was bigger, then this wasnt a big problem for me. Not to have the stack on stack method disabled. 

@NocturiusHD

I have the standard edition too, but I think I don't get what is your exact problem with the storage space in this case. Maybe it is just my bad English. In a normal situation you will not lose more space than now. Here is an example for scav backpack:

- In a normal scav backpack uses 4*5 field (20 fields)

- In my methodology 1 scav backback in rolled state uses 1*3 field and stackable 5 or 10 times. (For this example going to be 5 pcs / stack)

So you can store 6 stacks of scav backpack less then 20 field (18). 1 stack = 5 pcs. So You can store 30 scav backpack in 18 fields only.  If you have 200 scav backpack then I understand your problem, but is this a real scenario for you? (I understand if it is, but in my opinion 30 backpack in the stash at the same time is more than enough)

N0PEY0UDIE
39 minutes ago, OneTrueLizardo said:

Oh, I'm totally on board, there are a LOT of issues with thid game. Believe me, I am as disillusioned as you are. 

I see your point but I come from a point of view that EVERY issue should be fixed - bickering about which issue is the biggest and if only the biggest issue should be adressed is a bit backwards. How about we fix all of them? Pointing out the stupid mechanics about bags inside bags does not mean we don't care or don't want other issues fixed! Every fix is a welcomed one, no matter how big or small. 

Totally get you. There are many problems, I just see this one very very very far down the list, So far that it wasn't even a consideration for me as this game is not realistic and never will be. Its immersive, and has realistic elements...but if this was totally realistic, it would be horrendously boring. Firefights would be non existent. They need to strike a balance between fun, and IRL combat and that is no small feat in itself. 

I see nothing wrong with the bag in bag method at all, sure, its not realistic...but nothing is in Tarkov, so it fits right in. 

its funny, people keep talking about realism, and they want more realism...and as soon as you say OK, lets take away secure containers as that is not realistic, they all jump up and start crying! People want to pick and choose what they think is suitable and the fact is, Nikita is the person who gets to make these decisions and to try and find a happy medium ( a hell of a task) . Make it too realistic then customers will be lost, make it too casual and the same result comes.  You can never please everyone. 

• 7 months later...

If bags were to be stored like that (rolled) it wouldn't change much in my opinion, but if that were to happen I want a bitcoin to be stored in a usb flashdrive so they could be used not only for the quests. Or building a PC in hideout from many parts to store all the bitcoin and later upgrade it to store even more... like everything in the hideout.

ACuddlyBadger

Why is bag stacking an issue? Just sell the FIR bags on the flea, or sell them. I don't keep more bags than I have rigs and armor because its pointless. Tarkov is not supposed to be a greed simulator. Liquidate what you don't need and keep what you use.