RaoulBerg

10 Minute Scav Timer Question

RaoulBerg

Whatever happened to this? Ive recently gotten into Tarkov and remember there being quite a lot of videos talking about 10 minute scav timers and the response was pretty positive. Why did it get pushed up to 20 minutes? Did too many scavs spawn in maps too often? It seemed to be helping a lot of new players since they could get into the fray a lot more often and learn maps faster.

Edit: Sorry, I also wanted to say that as a new player, I often dont feel that it's even worth it to go as a PMC with the regular 50 dollar package entry because to be honest, none of the equipment is good enough to warrant going into a raid early on. I genuinely get better gear going as a scav. So having to wait 20 whole minutes to try and farm again is kinda......annoying? I think that's the best way to put it.

Edited by RaoulBerg

The-Kraken_ZA

This plays into the new Hideout dynamic. By building and upgrading your Intelligence Center, you can reduce your Scav respawn time.

TUALMASOK

Upgrade your hideout to reduce the scav cooldown. Upgrade items don't need to be found in raid, so you can buy them off the flea market. Prices have started to drop to reasonable levels - they were a bit crazy first thing after the wipe. If the cooldown is still too long for you try doing some quick hatchet runs that target areas with less player population. I find there's lots of quiet areas in Interchange and Shoreline where you can loot some pretty cool stuff to make money.