IzSumTingWong

Thermals.

IzSumTingWong

Remove thermals.

You've tried. BSG. Cheers,.

Remove them.

Arma 3 tried. It's not fun, realism. Who the eff carries a sight worth more than the gun? Huh?

• Sad 1

Yukari_Akiyama
35 minutes ago, IzSumTingWong said:

Who the eff carries a sight worth more than the gun? Huh?

ACOGs are worth more than the guns they are installed on in the military. Thermals aren't as effective and broken in this game as they are in ArmA. 

halberger

The problem with thermals is in their implementation and maps' structure. Only the pros are seen ingame, with very few or none at all of the cons associated with thermals. Lack of ambient temperature simulation, for example. The maps don't provide enough features to counter them and their small and predictable layout only makes it worse.

To a lesser degree, the same can be said about night vision equipment, which in reality is good, but not without its own drawbacks.

DarkSoldier

I love thermals! Just make them super rare and only found in raid. And then it's sorted 

p4nnus
6 hours ago, IzSumTingWong said:

Remove thermals.

You've tried. BSG. Cheers,.

Remove them.

Arma 3 tried. It's not fun, realism. Who the eff carries a sight worth more than the gun? Huh?

Nah. Some adjustments will be done for sure and thats a good thing. At some point they will use batteries as well, so the cost will be even higher. But no need to remove them, they are an essential piece of modern military gear and thus have a place in EFT. You might not enjoy realism but EFT is supposed to be quite realistic in some parts of the game. Thats not your piece of cake? Then EFT is not your piece of cake. Deal with it. 

5 hours ago, halberger said:

The problem with thermals is in their implementation and maps' structure. Only the pros are seen ingame, with very few or none at all of the cons associated with thermals. Lack of ambient temperature simulation, for example. The maps don't provide enough features to counter them and their small and predictable layout only makes it worse.

To a lesser degree, the same can be said about night vision equipment, which in reality is good, but not without its own drawbacks.

I havent used any of the thermals in-game, but my military gear includes Phantom IRXR thermal and I have to tell you that I find the games way of depicting thermals good enough. The balancing act can be done with either range (because the maps are so small) or with the FPS of the thermal, Im ok with either or both. I havent even used the in-game thermal goggles, but they could be balanced by making the goggles go off center if you jump and dive hard. Just my 2 cents.

Yukari_Akiyama
10 hours ago, p4nnus said:

I havent used any of the thermals in-game, but my military gear includes Phantom IRXR thermal and I have to tell you that I find the games way of depicting thermals good enough. 

Are you in one of the Euro states? No experience with the Phantom but the American AN/PAS 13 is pretty crappy. It washes out when near hear sources and needs to be refreshed and eats a fresh set of four AA batteries in less than 12 hours. On hot days it’s pretty difficult to make targets out past 100 meters.

2AF41D25-18B9-4205-8446-0938DEEAE899.jpeg

p4nnus
6 hours ago, Yukari_Akiyama said:

Are you in one of the Euro states? No experience with the Phantom but the American AN/PAS 13 is pretty crappy. It washes out when near hear sources and needs to be refreshed and eats a fresh set of four AA batteries in less than 12 hours. On hot days it’s pretty difficult to make targets out past 100 meters.

Yeah, Finland. Havent really used the thermals on really hot days if I remember correctly, might have similar problems then. TBH its never that hot in Finland and actually same weather applies (or can be thought to apply) to Tarkov region. 

I find it funny that we have better equipment than you, assuming youre speaking of military gear. Im not spec ops either, but almost. :sctroll:(Jaeger AT squad leader). This Phantom is not attached to any weapon systems, but it can be used to look up to 1,5km. I could distinguish a dude taking a piss while doing recon during the night time, from approx 300-400m, but it was close to 0 C, probably like 2-3 C.

Anyways, with my experience from thermals, (note: not the most thorough study of different devices!) I think EFT is doing fine. I just hope they wont add any thermals with a longer distance, as then its starting to get quite OP and some balance should remain. If it will happen, the way to handle it would be to introduce IR cloaks or ghillie suits. We have these cloaks in FDF, but never looked at one with a thermal.

Edited by p4nnus

swaheelee

So the thing about thermals and realism, is there is no realism in EFT, They should focus on balance and game play, thermals have no place in the game, they define unbalance.

Also, anyone talking about realism, has no ducking clue what realism is. IN THE SLIGHTEST. Imagine being shot in the chest BY ANY GUN, ur gunna fall over, EVEN WITH BODY ARMOR, IMAGINE TAKING A BULLET TO THE HEAD AND IT BOUNCING off your helmet, you're going to be knocked out.

There is no realism. Period. Just ducking period. No realism. Stop making games focused on "realism" when you Don't add a sliver of realism. lol...

Or make it so when you get hit you fall to the ground with a black screen for 5 minutes. That's real. "ism" Thermals are realistic, BUT RUIN BALANCE, Balance is EVERYTHING when it comes to games, The game should focus on BALANCE and GAMEPLAY vs REALISM.

But hey, if they want this game to go on the downwards slope before it even hits 1.0, Then so be it. Who the duck would want to play a game with pure unbalance when they had 5 years to iron that poo out? lol... I know I won't continue playing if they don't focus on balance.

That's no ones type of game. A game with 0 realism, trying to add realism BIG OOOOOOF. A major design error right there in itself.

Why don't you make it so I can drop a nuke, and wipe the whole map, cuz realistically, that's real. ;)

• Sad 2

Elijahsmash
Posted (edited)

@swaheeleeI cant say i agree with you honestly if yall want to make a diffrence posting  a forum and having the slight chance that they see it is a waste of time. If you can somehow get a popular tarkov figure like a youtuber like pestily or someone who agrees about the thermals and think they should be either, removed or limited to a certain degree like how someone else said about it only being found in raids and not sellable/buyable i really dont know why people argue about this just get a big boi to tweet or make a video about it anywhos my opinion doesn't beat you're's so if you wanna keep talking about it in a place were posts are made tons of times a day and were BSG might never see it then good for yall.

I cant say i agree with you're 0 realism factor this game is extremely realistic u also have to remember there running this poo on unity dont expect real life from this there working with what the can right now.

Edited by Elijahsmash
More to say

PyroYoda

Not again...

• Hot 1

PyroYoda
On 3/5/2020 at 6:15 AM, swaheelee said:

So the thing about thermals and realism, is there is no realism in EFT, They should focus on balance and game play, thermals have no place in the game, they define unbalance.

Also, anyone talking about realism, has no ducking clue what realism is. IN THE SLIGHTEST. Imagine being shot in the chest BY ANY GUN, ur gunna fall over, EVEN WITH BODY ARMOR, IMAGINE TAKING A BULLET TO THE HEAD AND IT BOUNCING off your helmet, you're going to be knocked out.

There is no realism. Period. Just ducking period. No realism. Stop making games focused on "realism" when you Don't add a sliver of realism. lol...

Or make it so when you get hit you fall to the ground with a black screen for 5 minutes. That's real. "ism" Thermals are realistic, BUT RUIN BALANCE, Balance is EVERYTHING when it comes to games, The game should focus on BALANCE and GAMEPLAY vs REALISM.

But hey, if they want this game to go on the downwards slope before it even hits 1.0, Then so be it. Who the duck would want to play a game with pure unbalance when they had 5 years to iron that poo out? lol... I know I won't continue playing if they don't focus on balance.

That's no ones type of game. A game with 0 realism, trying to add realism BIG OOOOOOF. A major design error right there in itself.

Why don't you make it so I can drop a nuke, and wipe the whole map, cuz realistically, that's real. ;)

Lol, you have EOD and complaining.

LasseNielsen
Posted (edited)

Thermals and nightvision are not very realistic in this game.

Thermals don't work the same at 12am and 12pm. They don't show you and all your gear as bright white. If you stand next to a fire, you would be very hard to see. But in this game. Nothing but Players/scavs and actual fire gives of any heat apparently. 

On a hot summers day, have you ever touched a hot stone/building? or burned your feet on the hot sand, or seen heat waves come off of asfalt? All these things are warmer then you are, they should wash you out. But in tarkov, they are just grey dead items through a thermal.

Also watching a person through a thermal, he isn't the same temperature all over. Everything on him would change his heat signature.

And nightvision... wearing a nightvision on your helmet, doesn't give you the option to use the sights on your gun... Looking into a scope on a gun with nightvision on, doesn't make the two come together into one.

They add all the Pro's for the gear and not all the con's... Thats way it is unbalanced... Should they be in to game... yes, is my opinion, but they need a lot of work to seem realistic. 

In the real world, if you choose to use a nightvision, you can't use your reddot or scope... Or you need to use a scope with nightvision. In tarkov, you would never use a scope with nightvision. No need.

Edited by LasseNielsen