Sign in to follow this  
Lolsteelz

Terrible performance issues with Ryzen 5 2600

Lolsteelz

So recently, I built a new PC. 

GPU: GTX 1660 Super

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 (12CPU) ~3.4ghz

RAM: 16gb DDR5 Corsair

And this PC has ran everything I can throw at it in 1080p in high+ with 60fps+ typically, 80+. The only game I'm having issue with is Tarkov. Less than half of my CPU/GPU are being utilized while playing Tarkov. Though I typically get above 60 FPS on all maps. It's on low AND on Reserve I get ~50fps dropping to 40 at times. . BUT the worst part overall is scoping. Any scope that has a zoom on it cuts my frame rate by more than HALF. . . Since .12 I haven't even been able to use scoped weapons, which is a massive handi-cap and takes out a lot of enjoyment of playing. . . . Is anyone else having the same issue with the Ryzen 5 2600s? Has BSG addressed or said they plan on fixing optimization issues with these? . . .AND last but not least, does anyone happen to have a Ryzen 5 3600 that they use to play Tarkov? If so, how does it perform?(preferably someone that has a Ryzen 5 3600 w/ a GPU equal or close to the GTX 1660 Super.)

FurmarkGrade.png

UtilizationTarkov.png

Sqrelles

I have 2600x and 1070ti same problem i have 40-50fps in reserve. When scope zooming, the fps is drop 30-35.

Tap04ek

5-2600, GTX1060, 70-75 fps, 50~ when scoped.

Barangolo

I only have a 1050Ti, Ryzen 5 1600X with 16Gb RAM and run on 1920x1080, which gives 40-50 fps on most maps, but scoping is pretty bad indeed with 30-35fps. Truth be said, it probably depends much on settings as well, mine are high texture but medium shadows, TAA anti-aliasing.

Interesting to see though that I have a much weaker rig than above 2600x and 1070Ti and still get the same fps.

Sqrelles

The point is that the game's GPU usage is very low. Always %50 average gpu usage.

Omen09

why is this topic dead, we need to solve this issue asap!
My spec:
5 1600, gtx 970, tried with 1050ti at first much worse fps, tho when some bots spawn on the map fps is getting the same
I found out that the biggest impact on cpu performance is "overall visibility" setting
only 400 make difference, tho if you have 1000-3000 it doesn't change a thing
i have 45 fps while scoping on 400, and 40 fps while on 1000,1500,3000 (tested near village looking at resort on shoreline)
other setting doesn't matter at all
before 0.12 performance hit was also on colimators, gladly they fixed it in .12 

turning on "use only logical cores" gives you like 1-2 fps
turning off smt gives you up to 5, can't rly tell, it might be lower 

testsubject115

I think I have a similar issue.

i5 6500 - gtx 1060 6 gb - 8 gb ram 2133 mhz

On offline mode everything works perfectly with settings i'm happy with (high texture, medium shadows, taa) on 99% gpu usage and 30-60% cpu usage.

On online everything is so laggy, gpu usage barely reaches 90% and cpu usage fluctuates a lot. This results in fps ranging from 40 to 70 fps but this back and forth is so annoying because you feel the difference. I'm forced to playing with everything on the lowest setting to maintain that 60 fps. I know it could be cpu bottleneck because there are much more for the cpu to calculate in online (scav ai, other players) but as I said it's not that I have 100% cpu usage, it ranges from 30% to like 90%.

Please optimize the game, it's so great I can't wait to experience it like it's meant to be.

Czecher

Are you Streamer ? If not ,they dont give a flying poo how bad it runs..Streamers  have High End PCs  and it runs well ,they said. (Try  it next year,maybe they will fix something).
Using Scope= huge fps drop  is like 2 years old stuff ,so dont even bother..

Synergy2525

Is an i7 recommended?  Is anyone running an i7? How does it run?

sYs
23 minutes ago, Synergy2525 said:

Is an i7 recommended?  Is anyone running an i7? How does it run?

I have I7-7700k + RTX 2080 TI  144p = runs not stable. ;) 

You know the usual scoping down fps drops, micro freezes when entities spawn and players despawn from server ( item unload from memory ) . 

Overall 

spacer.png

gexzor

I have the same experience with a Threadripper 1950x and 1080TI. About 50-60 fps.

Please make optimization for Ryzen a priority.

Skief-O

Ryzen users  disable your SMT in ur bios (google it iff you dont know how to do it)

after that make sure that Tarkov only uses 4 of your available cores with a program called lasso (google it iff you dont know how to do it)

then go to the documents folder on you pc.

locate the tarkov folder and inside that folder edit the local.ini file.

Go to "Hdr": 1,  replace it the 1 by a 0 and save the document. (google it iff you dont know how to do it)

have fun

Bo0mHD
5 hours ago, Skief-O said:

Ryzen users  disable your SMT in ur bios (google it iff you dont know how to do it)

after that make sure that Tarkov only uses 4 of your available cores with a program called lasso (google it iff you dont know how to do it)

then go to the documents folder on you pc.

locate the tarkov folder and inside that folder edit the local.ini file.

Go to "Hdr": 1,  replace it the 1 by a 0 and save the document. (google it iff you dont know how to do it)

have fun

This did absolutely nothing to me. It moves exactly the same.