Sign in to follow this  
KageOni

4v4 Elimination game mode.

KageOni

Really simple concept. Two teams of four are plopped on a section of map and have to fight it out. If after a couple of minutes both teams are still alive, an extraction point opens up and which ever team secures it is the winner. The winning team gets to go round robin and pick through the losing teams gear. Or maybe if its easier they split the value of the losing teams gear. 

EDIT: Just had an idea about match making. Don't know how well this would scale but you could list every team looking to play and the gear they are going to wear and let people offer and accept challenges. That way you know the gear you are playing for is worth the risk. 

Edited by KageOni
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

Seddrik-9mm

I have suggested this before.

Team vs team matches, bring ur own gear. End of match no loot gained / lost; just xp gain.  Even with no xp gain people would play this.

I understand their goal for this game... open world and all. Which is great.

But this game absolutely would be HUGE is they made set team vs team matches.

Edited by Seddrik-9mm

PardTheTroll

So, basically an Arena-mode? Is planned. Just no further details, than it will get it own maps, CQB and something similar to a bet. Winner gets all.  

Edited by PardTheTroll

KageOni
8 hours ago, Seddrik-9mm said:

Team vs team matches, bring ur own gear. End of match no loot gained / lost; just xp gain.  Even with no xp gain people would play this.

But this game absolutely would be HUGE is they made set team vs team matches.

I don't know if I would be interested if loot wasn't on the line. Well, that's a lie, I would still be very interested but just less so. 

8 hours ago, PardTheTroll said:

So, basically an Arena-mode? Is planned. Just no further details, than it will get it own maps, CQB and something similar to a bet. Winner gets all.  

Yeah, a couple hours after I saw this I noticed something called Arena-Mode on the wiki that I hadn't heard of before. It kinda looks like its planned to be a separate map and all that. I have this feeling that it's a long ways off. 

Throwing 8 dudes on a map winner takes all would be less development intensive. Maybe I'm wrong but I think the cost/benefit of adding a simple beta squad v squad mode at this stage in development would go a long way to quelling the issue of people not getting the intense firefights or gear rewards they want from raids. 

PardTheTroll
vor 34 Minuten schrieb KageOni:

Throwing 8 dudes on a map winner takes all would be less development intensive. Maybe I'm wrong but I think the cost/benefit of adding a simple beta squad v squad mode at this stage in development would go a long way to quelling the issue of people not getting the intense firefights or gear rewards they want from raids. 

No, I´d say you are right. But, you have to remember, this (arena) is not what the game is supposed to be. It is just an addition for the more "competitive" people to burn gear I suppose or directly test their (fighting-)skill alone. Just have to wait and see. As Nikita (CEO) said, the idea and design for Arena is done. Somebody "just needs to sit down and make it". If I remember correctly, one map might even be done already. Don't quote me on this, though. 

KageOni

I get that a competitive shooter is not what they are making and I am very excited for their grand vision, but I just think the time is right for a side mode. 

It's encouraging to hear that they have already put significant thought into this mode. Hopefully they see fit to develop it sooner rather than later. 

p4nnus
On 11/27/2019 at 9:03 PM, KageOni said:

Really simple concept. Two teams of four are plopped on a section of map and have to fight it out. If after a couple of minutes both teams are still alive, an extraction point opens up and which ever team secures it is the winner. The winning team gets to go round robin and pick through the losing teams gear. Or maybe if its easier they split the value of the losing teams gear. 

EDIT: Just had an idea about match making. Don't know how well this would scale but you could list every team looking to play and the gear they are going to wear and let people offer and accept challenges. That way you know the gear you are playing for is worth the risk. 

Use the search function next time, your post is against the forum rules. 

• Sad 1