Sign in to follow this  
StatiX-NomaD

So, is this a buy or shitty game design?

StatiX-NomaD

When I click shoot with the SV-98, it doesn't shoot straight away, there's a half-second delay from click to shoot, and no, literally no other input has input delay, just shooting the gun, is it just the gun or is it a bug because it has got me killed 2 times today...

p4nnus
12 minutes ago, StatiX-NomaD said:

When I click shoot with the SV-98, it doesn't shoot straight away, there's a half-second delay from click to shoot, and no, literally no other input has input delay, just shooting the gun, is it just the gun or is it a bug because it has got me killed 2 times today...

I havent experienced this. Can you post a video of that aka is it repeatable? Might be lag or some bug you are experiencing, the video material would be helpful in determining what this is about..

RainmakerM4

I got no idea why sv 98 got that lagg/delay. The gun is useless because of that. 

It must be a bug.

StatiX-NomaD
41 minutes ago, p4nnus said:

I havent experienced this. Can you post a video of that aka is it repeatable? Might be lag or some bug you are experiencing, the video material would be helpful in determining what this is about..

Sorry, can't post a video but if you have your shooting range up, test it out a bit, a lot of players are saying the same thing about it :/

p4nnus
1 hour ago, StatiX-NomaD said:

Sorry, can't post a video but if you have your shooting range up, test it out a bit, a lot of players are saying the same thing about it :/

I dont yet, as I started the wipe a week a go. I asked my squadmates and they said theyve had the same problem. I used an SV-98 for 30mins this wipe before I planted it to the "Fishing Gear" mission site, I shot maybe 10-15 rounds but didnt notice anything.. this might be due to the fact that I rarely get over 30fps when watching thru a sniper scope.

Cest7

Intentional due to "Heavy trigger pull"

Functionally... garbage.

StatiX-NomaD
2 hours ago, Cest7 said:

Intentional due to "Heavy trigger pull"

Functionally... garbage.

So, that's probably the dumbest mechanic for a game, intentional input delay, lmao

Cest7
23 hours ago, StatiX-NomaD said:

So, that's probably the dumbest mechanic for a game, intentional input delay, lmao

Yeah, its met heavy resistance but they have yet to address it

syntaxxl

Imagine wanting a sniper rifle with no delay between shots.

It would be pretty fun, gotta admit.

I hope they change it to full auto too.

StatiX-NomaD
1 hour ago, syntaxxl said:

Imagine wanting a sniper rifle with no delay between shots.

It would be pretty fun, gotta admit.

I hope they change it to full auto too.

What are you talking about? How is saying that the trigger delay should be removed (Which it should because something like that does not belong in a game at all) even close to saying "make this gun full auto" And 3 letters dumb-ass, S V D... The SVD has no trigger delay and it's semi auto so... 

B0oN

Yeaaaaa, noticed the same delay on a pristine install of EfT on a M2 SSD ([email protected], GTX1070, DDR4 Ram 3000 CL15-17-17-35-52-CommandRate 2T) ... about 250+ms of delay after pulling the trigger (aka clicking mouse1) that SV98 finally fires .

Heavy trigger pull ? Yück, get out of here, Stalker .

Every other gun I used so far fires very instanteneously, except the SV98 ... and that is just not really acceptable .

BSG, please take a look at the SV98 and de-lag that thing please, thanks .

Stay safe,

snipe immediately .

GhostZ69
10 minutes ago, StatiX-NomaD said:

What are you talking about? How is saying that the trigger delay should be removed (Which it should because something like that does not belong in a game at all) even close to saying "make this gun full auto" And 3 letters dumb-ass, S V D... The SVD has no trigger delay and it's semi auto so... 

Just ignore the trolls.  The die hard BSG fan bois go from thread to thread trolling saying there is nothing wrong with the game even with provided video proof, statements by BSG themselves or any other evidence. 

• Like 2

StatiX-NomaD
19 hours ago, GhostZ69 said:

Just ignore the trolls.  The die hard BSG fan bois go from thread to thread trolling saying there is nothing wrong with the game even with provided video proof, statements by BSG themselves or any other evidence. 

THANK YOU, very few people on here seem to actually be able to like the game but actually able to see the flaws!

The fact that the SV-98 is just a slightly better mosin makes it un-usable atm with the trigger delay... Why would I use it over any other gun?

Pezzo1
34 minutes ago, StatiX-NomaD said:

THANK YOU, very few people on here seem to actually be able to like the game but actually able to see the flaws!

The fact that the SV-98 is just a slightly better mosin makes it un-usable atm with the trigger delay... Why would I use it over any other gun?

Because sometimes you want to vary your play style and do some experimentation instead of sticking to your main gun.

Also, if we just compare the SV-98 to other snipers well:
- It's cheaper than a mosin atm and has a 10 rounds magazine (BSG please, stripper clips for SKS and Mosin) 
- Cheap rounds that can OS you through the torso and class 3 armor
- Picatinny rails for scopes and dedicated suppressor that ain't that expensive either (35K) 

But as a personal experience, I just got into a scav raid with the SV-98 and noticed a slight delay as well but not as baf as half a second.
I reported it to BSG nonetheless, hope they will take a look at it.

Edited by Pezzo1