Scarlett_Jack

150 Ping limit too low

Scarlett_Jack

First post to the forum so be gentle.

For context I live in South Africa and the closest servers would be European if I'm not mistaken. As far as I understand it the ping limit for manually selecting a server region is 150ms. Would it be possible to raise this limit to 200? Or even 180? My lowest ping seems to be around 160 odd but this defaults me to American servers (according to the launcher). So my suggestion would be to just raise this limit a tiny bit so players in unfortunately distant areas can at least select the lowest possible ping servers.

Thanks for the time
Jack

FREEZED

If you ask me i think it is too high, 50ms should be limit these days.

• Upvote 2

Margali
14 hours ago, FREEZED said:

If you ask me i think it is too high, 50ms should be limit these days.

wtf :D i don't have 50 ms to my local server bro. (have good conection, 60mb/ps) servers start from 70 and up.
so if Nikita listens to you, you would leave my 190$ account without server.

• Like 1

FREEZED
23 minutes ago, Margali said:

wtf :D i don't have 50 ms to my local server bro. (have good conection, 60mb/ps) servers start from 70 and up.
so if Nikita listens to you, you would leave my 190$ account without server.

I can select 10 servers with less than 50ms ping. I live in Finland i can choose 7 servers from USA with less than 150ms ping which is about on the another side of the planet so if your internet connection is bad does not mean that it is what it should be on these days.

• Like 1

Margali
5 hours ago, FREEZED said:

I can select 10 servers with less than 50ms ping. I live in Finland i can choose 7 servers from USA with less than 150ms ping which is about on the another side of the planet so if your internet connection is bad does not mean that it is what it should be on these days.

did not u read my message, my internet connection is very good but ping doe snot work that way dude... i have 130 ms in USA but at my local place 70... most of the countries does not have routing distributors in their territory... so don't be toxic...

TheHappyMile

not sure if higher pings atm are really that good of an idea?

the impact is seems to be pretty crazy

Edited by TheHappyMile
  • Upvote 1

Margali
5 minutes ago, TheHappyMile said:

not sure if higher pings atm are really that good of an idea?

the impact is seems to be pretty crazy

150-180 ms is ok. exploiters use 1000-2000 ms ping using some software so its very big difference between 150-180 and 1.5 K avg.

Edited by Margali

FREEZED
1 hour ago, Margali said:

did not u read my message, my internet connection is very good but ping doe snot work that way dude... i have 130 ms in USA but at my local place 70... most of the countries does not have routing distributors in their territory... so don't be toxic...

Toxic? lol, now just demand your internet operator / government to upgrade internet to level where it should be.

but if you want to solve this there should be option where everyone has less than 50ms ping and option that everyone has more than 150ms ping, then it is fair for all.

Acecool

At the moment, high ping seems to be an unbannable cheat used by many players.

My lowest ping is STATES away from me at 22 to 26 ping. My highest is 233 in Russia. Asia has 200 to 220, other parts of Russia are as low as 130. Europe is < 100 to 140.

The limit should honestly be 50 until they sort out the cheat and also match people only with people with similar pings.

FREEZED
8 hours ago, Acecool said:

At the moment, high ping seems to be an unbannable cheat used by many players.

My lowest ping is STATES away from me at 22 to 26 ping. My highest is 233 in Russia. Asia has 200 to 220, other parts of Russia are as low as 130. Europe is < 100 to 140.

The limit should honestly be 50 until they sort out the cheat and also match people only with people with similar pings.

and make it so that if your ping peaks over limit you will disconnect

Scarlett_Jack

Thanks for the replies, I honestly get why it is the way it is.

That said, would it not work be better for long distance players to actually be able to select the lowest possible ping server to negate the effect of being defaulted to servers where your ping is even higher?

Would be nice to have a little less ping

I can dream