Sign in to follow this  
Smokearebad

will Wipes stop soon ?

Smokearebad

I would have a question when stop the wipes stop when the open beta starts or until the full release? and you can expect soon with a not complete wipe because I love the game but to unlock the things over and over again is getting on my nerves. I know that the wipes are necessary and are justified.

• Like 1

GhostZ69

Wipes will continue to happen every time they are needed right up until the game goes to 1.0  Sometimes major patches require a wipe, other times they do not.  I personally like the wipes because it means something really meaningful has been added to the game, but yes, it is getting tiresome doing the tasks.  Especially now that like 90% of the tasks are stupid and make no sense.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Wadexas

As Nikita said, in the end wipes wont be needed, game will be harder and to progress and play when everything will be functioning as they want. Currently the game is still not in finished state, so as the updates and fixes getting released they need to wipe the game to avoid critical bugs.

Acecool

Wipes are technically never needed, but would mean that devs would have to create update code between versions in which major changes take place which affect the database design, etc...

Although, it is easy to implement update code, it is tedious.

In addition, having a clean wipe can help with the development process by ruling out whether a bug still exists, or was an issue with previous stored data, or code.

If it is just code, then a wipe isn't necessary - but if data isn't stored correctly ( which can happen if someone doesn't pay attention to the data-types, limitations, etc.. ) then that can be the cause of an issue. Changing the data-type in a database is straight forward, but if damage was done then it is better to wipe than deal with x amounts of 'lost item' requests, etc...

Their goal is to make the game better, gain data, etc... we are testers in this context, nothing more but we are still vital in providing data on performance for many different PC configurations, etc....

Their goal likely won't be in preserving data until release... However, if there are wipes post release, I'll be most disappointed.

• Like 1

darrellScott

Do the wipes reset stash size even if you have EOD version or is it just everything inside your stash? I thought I read somewhere that it did, but I believe it was a very old post.

Solvant

tbh, without wipes , this game will be pretty boring , pretty quick.

why would you play when you literally have everything you can possibly get? in the end there will be evryone running around with the highest gear possible...

there needs to be some form of reset in order to play this game. otherwise everyone will get bored by the time they reach lvl 40

• Sad 3

CthulhuTactical

So beside getting better loot/item progression there's nothing worthy to keep you playing? Geez i wonder why people play CSGO, must be that sweetass skill and item progression, that sweet ass better loot as you sweep the map and do quests...

BracingMace
Am 29.12.2019 um 02:17 schrieb Solvant:

tbh, without wipes , this game will be pretty boring , pretty quick.

why would you play when you literally have everything you can possibly get? in the end there will be evryone running around with the highest gear possible...

there needs to be some form of reset in order to play this game. otherwise everyone will get bored by the time they reach lvl 40

It will take much longer to get to an high Level after Release.

Skills and Levels will take a very long time to build Up.