Weird scav name Zhora RHBZ

Killed a scav earlier with a strange name on customs. His name was "Zhora RHBZ" with the last name in capital letters. Is thios a special scav or something because i did not loot him :/

LoginTaken
3 hours ago, zabroncka said:

Killed a scav earlier with a strange name on customs. His name was "Zhora RHBZ" with the last name in capital letters. Is thios a special scav or something because i did not loot him :/

....that was a player

Am 5.12.2019 um 05:50 schrieb LoginTaken:

....that was a player

Cant be players are not allowed to have spaces in their names and anyways I did not loot him so i definately did not loot any dogtag to see his name. Also it clearly said "Scav" in the end screen and it was 4:33 into the raid so unlikely it was a scav player too. It was at Customs at the Office hall.

scav_weird_name.JPG

Edited by zabroncka
Added picture of end screen
LoginTaken
51 minutes ago, zabroncka said:

Cant be players are not allowed to have spaces in their names and anyways I did not loot him so i definately did not loot any dogtag to see his name. Also it clearly said "Scav" in the end screen and it was 4:33 into the raid so unlikely it was a scav player too. It was at Customs at the Office hall.

scav_weird_name.JPG

?

Could have sworn I have seen crown names with spaces at least.

• 1 month later...

PHBZ or РХБЗ means NBC Protection as Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Protection (Troops) It's a branch of Russian military specialized in..., well you can guess. How someone get such a nickname is still a mystery. Former military? Stole a box of military gas masks?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
vapewheel
20 минут назад, DSky247 сказал:

I just kille d a Scav on Factory called "Dron RVSN"
I looted him and it was definantly a scav, could have been a player scav though....

RVSN  - РВСН  Ракетные войска стратегического назначения. - Strategic missile forces.

В 08.08.2020 в 18:36, buslak сказал:

Today I killed scav named NKVD :D Dunno what it means.

NKVD - НКВД - Народный коммиссариат  внутренних дел. - People's Commissariat of internal Affairs. - Police department in Soviet Union. 

• 5 months later...
DJudic

I googled the name of one Scav and landed on this topic. I just killed Semyon SOBR. Besides boss minions, I haven't seen regular SCAVs having acronyms in their names. It was a normal SCAV, spawned on the crossroad next to the abandoned shop near the high bridge. There you don't have special scavs, if I remember correctly. And it was behaving rather "scavy" - slowpoke-like. Or I just happened to land on some very old retiree from the SOBR unit :D

Is this something new? 

// it was a night raid on Customs 
// SOBR means - СОБР - Специальный Отряд Быстрого Реагирования - Special Rapid Response Unit 

• 1 month later...
Thoughtspot

I got killed by a PLAYER SCAV called "Nikitka SOBR" today on interchange.

It was weird. Looked like he was better geared then average. Could these be the developers playing?!

don't have a screenshot, but it was certainly a player (had the 'report' button). 

ShiroTenshi

No, these are not special scavs.

They can be player scavs or normal AI. There's a pool of names that get cycled through and there's a bunch of weird last names. There's even scavs with the last name of 'Terminator' (or pretty similar).

• Like 1
On 4/7/2021 at 10:59 PM, ShiroTenshi said:

No, these are not special scavs.

They can be player scavs or normal AI. There's a pool of names that get cycled through and there's a bunch of weird last names. There's even scavs with the last name of 'Terminator' (or pretty similar).

yes

2021-04-12[08-48] (0).png

ElectroStalin

Here is a breakdown of AI names if anyone is interested:

Scavs names consist of 2 random parts: First name + nickname. First names are legit names you can encounter in Russia, including ethnic minorities, in general, friendly or negligent form. Nicknames are mix of real criminal nicknames, memes, IT-lore and absurd lore-breaking stuff. But there are also some nicknames in the first names list too, so sometimes you get a ridiculous scav name consisting of two nicknames like 'Kot oficerskiy' ('The cat of the officer').

Reshala's and Shturman's boys are named like usual scavs except their nicknames are always 'Zavodskoy' ('from the factory') and Svetlozerskiy ('from Svetlozero lake') respectively.

Raiders have a single part callsign, usually animal-themed.

Sanitar's (Janitor) boys callsigns usually are medical vocations.

Glukhar's boys callsigns are pretty random, but usually they are military service-themed.