JackKnife

Camera Mode?

JackKnife

I'd like to cut to the chase and say I'm a level designer and I'm looking to do a fan level of a Reserve Base apartment block, chocked full of debris, blown up poo, and the whole works. While that's great and all, I'm doing some pre-production research into how big things are in the game in relation to real-world scale. Basically, getting things on my side as 1:1 as possible. So what I've tried doing was to go ingame to take photos to do photogrammetry to capture the geometry somewhat.

This is what I'm getting so far...

image.thumb.png.7c6f4577ed547bceff03885a0e813bba.png

While all cool and all, this is pretty shite compared to if I had a proper camera mode. Simply put, I wanna be able to fly through the map at any height and as close to any object as I want, similar to how Source has a "no-clip" mode.

The workflow I'm trying to replicate is basically pioneered by Victor Öhman from the Quixel team which can be seen here: 

Hopefully this can catch some wind in the community to where the devs pick it up and hopefully can implement a camera mode not just for LD's like myself, but for cinematic reasons for influencers ie YouTubers, streamers, content creators in general.

Fingers crossed that a dev sees this because I know you guys are looking for level designers and hello yes I'd like to apply but I wanna show a proof of concept before I apply lol