Tempest86

Flash drive Quest

Tempest86

I have done Interchange map so many times I lost count, and still only found 2/3 Flash Drives required. I gear up ready to go, then some knife running bastard takes all and kills himself. So, I try to do the same because that's the only viable way, but I have yet to find any in so many runs. 

This particular quest needs an overhaul, its an early quest but ridiculously difficult to complete. And yes, I check all the rooms on Interchange and computer sockets. Don't give me its meant to be luck bullshit, because hatchling loot/suicide is not RnG. 

Anyone else stuck on this quest, and agrees it needs to change?

Edited by Tempest86

Hamm

almost all of the quests need reworking, most of them are dumb

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

sYs

Don't look at them as quest but more as achievements. In reality main quests are not in the game not to "spoil" story for us. 

Yeah - current quest mechanics we have are boring and half baked. 

Edited by sYs

Tempest86

I can understand if they are all just achievements, but vendor progression is tied to these missions at the moment. So yeah, kinda sucks.

That being said, I don't mind these in raid goals. We have in map objectives that direct us to learn new locations. I find this fun and something to work towards, rather than just killing everyone on sight.

But I think some of the rng has to be adjusted, or more looting locations provided. More options help. We also need better explanation of quests. Every time I watch youtube guides on the quests, because they are soo vaguely explained in game. 

Edited by Tempest86

Tempest86

Finally I looted 3 Flash Drives in 1 raid.

Wow the RNG is real.

Yeavo
26 minutes ago, Tempest86 said:

Wow the RNG is real.

Not just that I think the spawn mechanic is broken. I mean tetriz and bit coins should be rare but if they spawn they seem to be ducking everywhere in interchange/shoreline. Same with red keycards in shoreline. I haven't seen one myself because they are rare but my extended group that I play with runs loot runs there and have been finding them. If they find one in raid usually all spawn points for some reason spawn them? So basically you only seem to need to check one spawn and if it isn't there it most like didn't spawn at all. But if it is at one spawn then rush all spawns IMMEDIATELY.

• Upvote 1

LoginTaken

Luck based quest are not quest. Just poor content creation.

Be it finding a raid analyzer or flash drives, its luck based. It also forces you to play the same maps, such as interchange. Over and over again in hopes of getting lucky. Granted you can have great luck and find all of them easily. You could be a good player, and find them (relatively) constantly. At the same time it could take weeks. Especially for items that only spawn in high PVP areas and are undertaken by less than good players.

While I was lucky with finding flash drives (For quest anyway), it too me weeks to get my first gas analyzer.

I do not doubt that the find quest are designed to create value for items outside of the traders.

Hell made 2mil just selling computer parts the first week after wipe.

Tempest86

Whenever the servers wipe, I'm sure finding Gas analysers and Flash drives give PTSD to most players.