nnt360

please just enable to play PVE mode with friends

nnt360

please just enable to play PVE mode with friends.

i guess this won't break game balance.

because you can't bring back anything and it won't affect any skill.

• Sad 1

Sir_Mossy

Post # 021982398523945 about them adding offline co-op

I don't think people actually realize how not so easy this is. You're basically asking for them to either dish out millions of dollars in servers to host such raids (which won't happen) or for them to make you able to host a server on your computer. As such, the "host" would need a very strong internet connection and a high end rig to be able to run said server (presumably), so it's not just something they can toss in and make function that easily.

If they just added the feature as you said, you'd be complaining it's too laggy because that's just how it would be. Offline can be ran adequately because there's no ingoing/outgoing server information to process, whereas hosting it would require your computer to constantly be sending/receiving messages about loot spawns/physics, SCAV/PMC locations, and other various quirks that the server would have to handle. 

Edited by Sir_Mossy

tobiassolem
32 minutes ago, nnt360 said:

Hey OP!

Offline raiding with friends is coming!

As you said, won't save loot or XP. But will be possible! Nikita has confirmed.

• Like 1

nnt360
40 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

Hey OP!

As you said, won't save loot or XP. But will be possible! Nikita has confirmed.

oh I didn't know that!

I can't wait to play offline raid with my friends.

thanks.

mattywatty2012
Just now, nnt360 said:

oh I didn't know that!

I can't wait to play offline raid with my friends.

thanks.

search function works pretty well

• Sad 1

Scionti
On 12/6/2019 at 11:51 PM, mattywatty2012 said:

search function works pretty well

Does that knife on your profile make you an edgelord?

• Hot 1

p4nnus
On 12/7/2019 at 7:10 AM, nnt360 said:

Please use the search function as the rules demand you to. You couldve saved yourself and others the time by just looking up whats going on with this feature you want.

On 12/8/2019 at 10:44 AM, Scionti said:

Does that knife on your profile make you an edgelord?

Its against the rules to make duplicate posts. This is the #32804723048723408237423780 duplicate post about this and against the rules. Does your off-topic question benefit anyone with anything?

• Sad 1

Scionti
On 12/10/2019 at 6:30 AM, p4nnus said:

Please use the search function as the rules demand you to. You couldve saved yourself and others the time by just looking up whats going on with this feature you want.

Its against the rules to make duplicate posts. This is the #32804723048723408237423780 duplicate post about this and against the rules. Does your off-topic question benefit anyone with anything?

Yes, it's pointing out how abrasive dickhead is towards new comers which is overall bad for a game's health. You can be supportive and informative without being a little poo about it.

mattywatty2012
5 hours ago, Scionti said:

Yes, it's pointing out how abrasive dickhead is towards new comers which is overall bad for a game's health. You can be supportive and informative without being a little poo about it.

As I said, the search function works well, not my fault if you cant find the brain power to use it.

GhostZ69
On 12/6/2019 at 10:28 PM, Sir_Mossy said:

Post # 021982398523945 about them adding offline co-op

I don't think people actually realize how not so easy this is. You're basically asking for them to either dish out millions of dollars in servers to host such raids (which won't happen) or for them to make you able to host a server on your computer. As such, the "host" would need a very strong internet connection and a high end rig to be able to run said server (presumably), so it's not just something they can toss in and make function that easily.

If they just added the feature as you said, you'd be complaining it's too laggy because that's just how it would be. Offline can be ran adequately because there's no ingoing/outgoing server information to process, whereas hosting it would require your computer to constantly be sending/receiving messages about loot spawns/physics, SCAV/PMC locations, and other various quirks that the server would have to handle. 

Misinformed post # 021982398523945 talking about things they have no idea about.  ROFL 

On 12/6/2019 at 10:28 PM, Sir_Mossy said:

You're basically asking for them to either dish out millions of dollars in servers to host such raids (which won't happen)

Millions of dollars?  hahaha really?  I mean sure, if we are talking about them hosting 10,000 servers for 100 years.  But do you have ANY idea what it costs to host say 10 of these Tarkov Servers?  Do you?  Here is a hint:

https://www.gameservers.com/dedicated/

We used the one similar to the E3-1270v5.  On that server we ran 4 DayZ servers with about 180 vehicles on each server, 75 players per map almost 24 hours a day.  Maps were about 50x bigger than the ones in Tarkov, had WAY more players per server, had more AI per server than Tarkov.  ETC ETC ETC.  So in order for you to reach your "millions" goal, you would have to rent a lot more servers than Tarkov will ever need for many more years than it will ever be relevant.

Besides all of your other Nonsense, Nikita himself already said Offline Co-Op with friends is coming.  So, yeah there is that too.

Sir_Mossy
9 hours ago, GhostZ69 said:

Misinformed post # 021982398523945 talking about things they have no idea about.  ROFL 

Millions of dollars?  hahaha really?  I mean sure, if we are talking about them hosting 10,000 servers for 100 years.  But do you have ANY idea what it costs to host say 10 of these Tarkov Servers?  Do you?  Here is a hint:

https://www.gameservers.com/dedicated/

We used the one similar to the E3-1270v5.  On that server we ran 4 DayZ servers with about 180 vehicles on each server, 75 players per map almost 24 hours a day.  Maps were about 50x bigger than the ones in Tarkov, had WAY more players per server, had more AI per server than Tarkov.  ETC ETC ETC.  So in order for you to reach your "millions" goal, you would have to rent a lot more servers than Tarkov will ever need for many more years than it will ever be relevant.

Besides all of your other Nonsense, Nikita himself already said Offline Co-Op with friends is coming.  So, yeah there is that too.

I didn't say it was impossible, but that it's not as easy as it sounds. If the game is a laggy mess at times on official, dedicated servers, how bad do you think it will be if the end result is peer-to-peer hosting? The game would have to reach a far more optimized state to handle this style of hosting.

If they decide to go the route of hosting dedicated servers specifically designed for hosting these offline co-op modes, then it depends on the situation. If they perform in-house hosting with their own hardware, then a major expense has to be made to purchase the hardware and what not. Also, comparing the cost of hosting a SINGULAR DayZ server to a scenario that would basically be hosting dozens upon dozens of DayZ servers is not really a fair comparison. There's no surefire way to know how much hardware/server rental would be required to handle the flow of players at that time, since the player count could be bigger, larger, or the same with bigger, larger, or the same interest in offline co-op.  Regardless, showing me a webpage about hosting a DayZ server doesn't really prove much because there can be a lot more complications in the long-run, specifically making down-payments or basically reserving systems should the server hosts need to purchase more hardware for their server needs.

I don't know how I'm "misinformed", since peer-to-peer hosting would most likely be a disaster in the game's current state and server hosting is a lot more complicated than just clicking a "buy now" button on a webpage. There's a lot of factors that can't be accommodated for at the time, but there's no definitive answer to the cost. My statement of millions was just an over exaggeration. 

GhostZ69
1 hour ago, Sir_Mossy said:

My statement of millions was just an over exaggeration. 

I will accept that.  😃

how bad do you think it will be if the end result is peer-to-peer hosting?

It could actually be better than, MUCH better than what we currently have depending on one's set up.  It could also be HUGELY HUGELY HUGELY worse.

If they perform in-house hosting with their own hardware, then a major expense has to be made to purchase the hardware and what not.

They would never do that.  I mean no company with any sense would.  How would they fly around the world, get a place to host, and all of that?  That would be even dumber than I think anyone would go.  But I guess I could be wrong.

Also, comparing the cost of hosting a SINGULAR DayZ server to a scenario that would basically be hosting dozens upon dozens of DayZ servers is not really a fair comparison. There's no surefire way to know how much hardware/server rental would be required to handle the flow of players at that time, since the player count could be bigger, larger, or the same with bigger, larger, or the same interest in offline co-op.

So, you did not bother to read my post and try to comprehend it.  It was not a singular server.  It was the world's four biggest DayZ servers for almost two years during the heyday of DayZ servers.  The link was not to "DayZ servers" it was to a dedicated server, probably very similar to what BSG is currently using.  I specifically said how many vehicles, players and AI we had to give you an idea of how much more network traffic we pushing compared to a super small EFT server.  The server we had was on a major internet backbone and regularly speed tested around ~960 Mb/s down and ~850 Mb/s up.  More than enough to handle ~15-20 EFT servers at once.

Regardless, showing me a webpage about hosting a DayZ server doesn't really prove much because there can be a lot more complications in the long-run, specifically making down-payments or basically reserving systems should the server hosts need to purchase more hardware for their server needs.

That is exactly what businesses like this do.  It is why I said above that it would be super stupid for BSG to try to buy and set up their hardware.

kebman
On 12/7/2019 at 6:44 AM, tobiassolem said:

I'm really stoked about this. Thank you!

Scionti
On 12/14/2019 at 11:34 PM, mattywatty2012 said:

As I said, the search function works well, not my fault if you cant find the brain power to use it.

You're a massive piece of 💩.  How about adding something "constructive" like you like to complain about in other threads. Yet all i do is see you type out single lines of text being an abrasive fuckhead. 

Edited by Scionti
Stupid censor

Scionti
On 12/10/2019 at 6:30 AM, p4nnus said:

And i know this is late, but as for you. You can state such things without being an asshole. You guys remind me of the pricks with their noses turned up over on stackoverflow. Do you know how to interact with people at all? Because all i see is consistent digital dickwaving.    And what double post are you referring to? Are you sure you're just not seeing double or something?

Edited by Scionti
Asked a clarification

p4nnus
On 12/15/2019 at 2:12 AM, Scionti said:

1 hour ago, Scionti said:

You're a massive piece of 💩.  How about adding something "constructive" like you like to complain about in other threads. Yet all i do is see you type out single lines of text being an abrasive fuckhead. 

How about you and OP read the rules and obey them? You realize that some people have read these duplicate posts for YEARS! Every week the same posts? You just want to think that everybody has the right to be ignorant? 

Shaktimaan

@Sir_Mossy

For BSG, it's not a question about how easy or hard it is. It's the question about what kind of information are they willing to hand out to the cheating community out there.

Nikita was worried that people would create an offline version of the game and pirate it, but after many discussions they might've designed it so that the game won't even function without loading your inventory data in their new engine port.

Hosting a instance of the game isn't that hard for a few players. Many games used to have p2p based matchmaking even up till 2012-13. The whole reason why centralized matchmaking systems were created was microtransactions, among many other things like tracking player data and so on and so forth.

p4nnus
30 minutes ago, Shaktimaan said:

@p4nnus @Scionti @mattywatty2012

Relax, boys.

No need to get all hot and bothered over a search function.

Yeah, Im gonna get every duplicate thread locked I reasonably can. None of these noobs is more entitled to break the rules.

2 hours ago, Scionti said:

And i know this is late, but as for you. You can state such things without being an asshole. You guys remind me of the pricks with their noses turned up over on stackoverflow. Do you know how to interact with people at all? Because all i see is consistent digital dickwaving.    And what double post are you referring to? Are you sure you're just not seeing double or something?

You must be new here? Im referring to this post being the 134972348023048th duplicate about this same subject, PVE mode, with the same exact on sentence context. There is information easily to be found by using the search function. This thread wasnt probably even the first one of that week!

• Sad 1