Tempest86

Selling Ammo

Tempest86

I noticed some people are buying the entire collection of good ammunition from vendors, then reselling them for marked up prices. 

I think this needs to stop, as in barred from happening. 

I can understand if each player has a certain amount they can buy, then you can sell any surplus to others. 

But buying out the entire stock, just to resell for a 50%-100% premium shouldn't be happening. 

Hamm

simple fix, stop putting a limit. we level up to be able to use the best gear/ammo possible...so why limit us?

DonReno89
3 hours ago, Hamm said:

simple fix, stop putting a limit. we level up to be able to use the best gear/ammo possible...so why limit us?

you can still buy the best stuff possible, just not at an unlimited quantity. Good experienced players, put a limit on newer players is what it is ontop of the existing limits set by BSG.

Nothing sucks more than having terrible ammo and dump a whole mag into someone with nearly no effect, lol.

Tempest86

We already grind rep for access to ammo, I don't see why randoms reselling for 50-100% price increase is a thing. 

mattywatty2012

So what about this scenario as a fix.

Having a levelling system for how much ammo you can buy from each trader (ammo being seperated into rungs; m995 being the top at full level and m855 being the lowest rung and a nearly unlimited amount at full level).

Breaking it down further;

Rung 1 unlocked at base level ; m855 - 600 rounds per reset

Rung 1 unlocked at highest level; m855 - 2/3000 rounds per reset

(obviously other ammunition is divvied up into the other rungs)

Rung 4 unlocked at base level; m995 - 300 rounds per reset

Rung 4 unlocked at highest level; m995 - 1000 rounds per reset

With the rung system being its own "skill" like that of memory, metabolism etc and continued across all ammunition. This would mean that the game is still playable at the base level (access to all ammunition that you unlock through tasks etc) and as well as the highest level for those running 60 round mags or buying ammo for team mates. Simultaneously; it puts a cap on ammunition and limits what can be sold on the flea market while still keeping that option in the game. (The point of this is to satisfy both parties; stopping the higher priced reselling while still having the option to but at a cap).

Yeavo
14 hours ago, Tempest86 said:

But buying out the entire stock, just to resell for a 50%-100% premium shouldn't be happening. 

Why not, its simple venture capitalism at its prime. Out buy competition and resell to make a profit. Now even the lowest level scrubs have a fighting chance during mid- to late -wipe against juggernauts. Both sides of the transaction benefit and having high pen ammo even at lower levels plays into to unpredictability which "hardcore" crowd have asking for. Unless your the type of "hardcore" that thinks the fact that you jumped in at the early wipe and managed the grind entitles you to have benefits that make you practically unkillable by "n00bs" and other "filthy casual peasant plebs".

If the case is latter then I have only one thing to say: Git Gud

Tempest86
54 minutes ago, Yeavo said:

Why not, its simple venture capitalism at its prime. Out buy competition and resell to make a profit. Now even the lowest level scrubs have a fighting chance during mid- to late -wipe against juggernauts. Both sides of the transaction benefit and having high pen ammo even at lower levels plays into to unpredictability which "hardcore" crowd have asking for. Unless your the type of "hardcore" that thinks the fact that you jumped in at the early wipe and managed the grind entitles you to have benefits that make you practically unkillable by "n00bs" and other "filthy casual peasant plebs".

If the case is latter then I have only one thing to say: Git Gud

You know when you catch a flight, they allow 1 carton of cigarettes per customer right. Or when you buy a new Iphone/galaxy release, they sell limited per customer at the start. Or when companies sell certain amounts of goods depending on their stock/relationship with consumer groups. Yeah, its a thing. And since we grind reputation with said vendors, we should have the product available to a certain amount. 

That being said, I don't have a problem with people reselling stock in general, just not every single ammunition in the world, very unrealistic. No point grinding reputation then, if some market macro junkie just sits there and restocks everything for 100% plus premium, then sell Rubs for real money.

Edited by Tempest86