Fluffyuniiicorn

Region unlock

Fluffyuniiicorn

I bought the EU version of the game and my server selection is not unlocked. THAT is why I bought EU.

A while back the streamer Slushpuppy showed how to unlock server selection manually. Now in the from the launcher update that file got changed and you moved it to a new location to edit can I still do it seeing that I payed for the EU unlocked version and that is the only way to get my UNLOCKED status?

I know where the new edit location is to edit.

Regards,

Edited by Fluffyuniiicorn

The-Kraken_ZA

Hey @Fluffyuniiicorn. The region lock (i.e. EU) refers to which countries you can be in, when you launche the game. For example, if you have the CIS version, you can only ope the game if you are inside one of the CIS Region countries (RU and post-soviet states or Ex- USSR states).

The EU version being unlocked means that yoiu can open the game anywhere in the world.

You are referring to server selection on the other hand. This is unrelated to the region. Server selection is limited to servers to which you have <150ms latency. If you don't have <150ms latyency, you will always default to the server to which you have the least latency to, without being able to choose. 

I'm not sure what method you are refering to that Slushpuppy used, but it it is an unofficial method, it's probably not something we will support or assist you with.

Edited by The-Kraken_ZA