OwnYa

Spawn Camping is horrendous

OwnYa

New to the game, I'm loving the deep systems and mechanics. 

One thing that really concerns me right now is that I can join ongoing games.

If I join a game late this results in me being spawn camped and for my 5lvl character it's a insta-death after 20 sec.... Interchange is the worst as couple of games in 'busy' hours and as soon as I spawn I hear shots directed at me...One time I spawned and being a noob I play super carefully, crouching at lowest speed I slowly made it to the road looking in every direction ...and that actually saved me as I saw a dude sneaking behind me with a hatchet?! One to the dome and I was wondering what the hell was he doing, only to find out that hatchet kill is a step quest.

Randomized spawns anytime????

*Also, it would be nice to have an option to match-make within a certain lvl bracket, with a warning that might prolong the matchmaking given a small population. 

Edited by OwnYa

GhostZ69
14 minutes ago, OwnYa said:

New to the game, I'm loving the deep systems and mechanics. 

One thing that really concerns me right now is that I can join ongoing games.

If I join a game late this results in me being spawn camped and for my 5lvl character it's a insta-death after 20 sec.... Interchange is the worst as couple of games in 'busy' hours and as soon as I spawn I hear shots directed at me...One time I spawned and being a noob I play super carefully, crouching at lowest speed I slowly made it to the road looking in every direction ...and that actually saved me as I saw a dude sneaking behind me with a hatchet?! One to the dome and I was wondering what the hell was he doing, only to find out that hatchet kill is a step quest.

Randomized spawns anytime????

*Also, it would be nice to have an option to match-make within a certain lvl bracket, with a warning that might prolong the matchmaking given a small population. 

Welcome to Tarkov.

Randomized spawns are a long way off if they will ever be implemented.

There will never be matchmaking based on gear or level.

OmyWomy
2 hours ago, OwnYa said:

This would ruin the game. The point is to sometimes come across something tougher then you.

There is also nothing more satisfying then taking down someone 10-20 levels above you.

RainmakerM4

Big NO to any kind of match making. We do t need to ruin the game.

sackmycack

Skill based match making has barely worked if at all in other games so I doubt Tarkov could do any better.

Hamm
5 hours ago, RainmakerM4 said:

lol as if its not ruined already. but gonna have to disagree with you, a hatchet runner or a pistol runner shouldnt be in my raid when kitted for the smoke.

Yeavo
13 hours ago, RainmakerM4 said:

I'm a bit on a fence here. I understand the intent behind the current not adding matching system but I feel it creates unfair situations that halt progress of some players while providing only "meh" kind of pvp for others leaving both parties ultimately unsatisfied. Then again matching would take away from the "unpredictability" factor that makes this game so damn exciting.

Arena and free roam should fix this if implemented correctly with the incoming karma and faction systems. Evasion becomes a valid tactic and showing mercy instead of just killing on sight becomes a thing. maybe even get that PvEvP kind of gameplay we saw in the announcement trailer. Use scavs to force players to choose between FFA/DM -style of gameplay or to cooperate with one another for increased chances of survival. Arena is then for the pure pvp experience.

ProfSaddington

I wish I could survive for 20 secs....This was my recent Customs run.

987805828_Screenshot(32).thumb.png.ae7f444cd48ef0169c19c8eca28363ac.png

wtornado

The game should be programmed so that the camper near exits and spawn and choke points after 3 mins should drop to the ground and scream rolling on the ground for at least 10 minutes of the match so everyone can watch his sorry a** slowly die.

Edited by wtornado
explanation

wiredhands

It's really frustrating spawning in and barely being able to move before getting shot. Especially if you aren't 'that' good at the game and have fought hard to just get a bit of gear, and then you loose it all to a spawn camper that shoots you in the back almost as soon as you spawn in.

I don't mind loosing all the gear I have if I at least have had a chance to fight back, but when someone spawn camps I don't even get the chance. it's just spawn in, tap tap, and dead.

I don't know if a possible solution could be to implement that the first 10-20 seconds after spawning in as a PMC you can't shoot a player or get shot by a player, but you can shoot AI scavs and get shot by them in that timeframe. Though that would also have drawbacks where it could be exploited to gain an advantage.

Edited by wiredhands

Barangolo
On 12/13/2019 at 8:57 AM, Yeavo said:

I'm a bit on a fence here. I understand the intent behind the current not adding matching system but I feel it creates unfair situations that halt progress of some players while providing only "meh" kind of pvp for others leaving both parties ultimately unsatisfied. Then again matching would take away from the "unpredictability" factor that makes this game so damn exciting.

True words, but it needs a reality check: who are the loudest against matchmaking? Those who are more experienced, teamed up, level faster, etc. Of course many will argue with me on this, but mostly from this camp obviously, being in denial of which end of the duck they like to be at.. My point could easily be proven this way:

My proposal is a matchmaking where you can only choose to play on your level bracket or ABOVE it, in addition the choice for solo play whether you want to join a team-based server or solo only. No downard compatibility here, so teams could not run against solo players at their wish to farm them (as is the case right now), neither could Pestily level players run around anymore bunnyhopping on servers with noobs (as is the case right now). This would be the ultimate reality check. Fanboys shouting hell at matchmaking as it would kill the challenge of being able to run against more geared people? They can choose freely to play higher levels as much as they want, if this happens in large numbers at least they were honest about it.. I am pretty sure that if the devs would run such a test towards patch end, it would not only boost lower level player gametime, but it would prove how few people actually choose to play on a level above their own. Which would simply prove that all of this " we love unpredictability" BS applies only when you have the upper hand. Until then, all blabla about how we love unpredictability is just words.

wtornado

It is as anoying as WOT before they brought in the arty.

obnaj

IT LITERALLY JUST HAPPENED TO ME RIGHT AFTER DECKING OUT. IM FURIOUS!!!!! STOP MAKE US SPAWN IN 2 MINUTES LATE IT MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IT LITERALLY JUST HAPPENED TO ME RIGHT AFTER DECKING OUT. IM FURIOUS!!!!! STOP MAKE US SPAWN IN 2 MINUTES LATE IT MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!