Unrealistic parts of the game

strannix01

Hello, i was playing eft now for about 500h and it is the best FPS in term of sound and feeling. But there is a point so Contradictory with the realistic spirit of the game. I m talking about recoil, ammunitions and bullet proof vest, because how it is possible to control recoil so good with an assault rifle? Most of ballistic plate would  be dead after 5 or 6 shot from a basic round. No helmets can deal with 5.56 or 5.45 because it's only to protect from handgun rounds. The way it's work juste help the people who play multiple hours every day. 

• 2 weeks later...
MajsticBluFalcn

First, you are right about recoil being unrealistic. Second, you are also correct about body armor being next to useless after a few hits. Third, modern helmets can and do stop rifle rounds.

Right now the game plays more like Call of Duty than a hardcore tactical shooting simulation. You can jump from 30-40 feet with 70+ pounds of kit and still be able to fight effectively. Then there is the left and right strafing while spraying meta. You can't spell arcade without A and D.

Tarkov was advertised as being realistic but it isn't.

I think it's unrealistic that you cannot swim (or drown) in the water. It's unrealistic that you cannot shoot through some windows that you can see through, and it's unrealistic that you can jump from buildings and just patch your legs and move on, etc, etc. It's not a very realistic game, IMHO, though parts of it shine. But more importantly, it's usually the right parts of the game that is realistic, while realism is downplayed where it's no longer fun. I say for the most part. We'll see how the developement goes. As for future changes, I'm not sold on "realistic" gun failures being fun, but it certainly could be, if implemented in the right manner. And it shall be quite interesting to beta test it. ^^

Edited by kebman
spelink mistrk. why do I even have to write this? Why o why do you need to know?

There are more unrealistic aspects in this game than real ones.

The first unrealistic is that the items are proportionally not sized. A 5 Pain tablet takes a slot and an IFAK too.

The second unrealistic you cannot put the gun in your left hand if you want to lean from the left.

The third unrealistic the amount of bullet hits doesn't make the opponent slow at all, but his hits do.

The fourth unrealistic is you can hear the sounds through Walls with comtacs as if they were in front of you. Without Comtacs in interchange you can hear the scavs in the garage. I mean the wave of noise follows the smallest resistance, so the sound should either come from the windows or hallway and not through thick concrete walls.

The fifth unrealistic is to put bag in bags or weight of the big Items

The six unrealistic is that you have a hud to look in your inventory or the health status.

I also think that the gameplay right now is more like CoD.

I mean, You can just run through a Building at full speed and don't even have to slow down at corners or so, Because your body dosn't even has a momentum.

Edited by SgtBrot

The way I see it is that these guys are trying to make the game as realistic as possible while still keeping it a game.

You can throw criticism left and right but that won't change the fact that these guys took on one hell of a challenge, and so far so good, are doing one hell of a job tackling it.

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2019 at 9:37 AM, Got_Epsteined said:

First, you are right about recoil being unrealistic. Second, you are also correct about body armor being next to useless after a few hits. Third, modern helmets can and do stop rifle rounds.

Right now the game plays more like Call of Duty than a hardcore tactical shooting simulation. You can jump from 30-40 feet with 70+ pounds of kit and still be able to fight effectively. Then there is the left and right strafing while spraying meta. You can't spell arcade without A and D.

Tarkov was advertised as being realistic but it isn't.

helmets in real life dont stop rifle rounds lol
only situation in which it would is if the bullet either hit at a really weird angle or if it was shot from very far away. 
A rifle round shot straight at a helmet would go straight through 

"A comparison of the M14 and the AK-47 performed by the United States Army shows that the AK-47 can penetrate helmets within a range of 400 meters, whereas it most likely won’t from 400 to 600 meters away."