Lakeguy556

Increased FOV for 21:0 Players

Lakeguy556

Will there be an increase in FoV for 21:9 players, as the max of 75 feels very constricted almost like a FoV of 50/60 on a 16:9 compared to most 21:9 players running at 90+ FoV in other games.

• Upvote 1

Hitman_Actual

they better or I'll be asking for a refund. FOV is imperative to gaming. this isn't console gaming.

• Upvote 1

TheBuzzStream
2 hours ago, Hitman_Actual said:

they better or I'll be asking for a refund. FOV is imperative to gaming. this isn't console gaming.

This is the top candidate for the LOL comment.  Sorry for not being productive, but seriously?

• Upvote 3

STALKERstalking

Setting fov above 60 bugs out some of the scopes at the moment, fyi.

Stealthyprowler

Yeah I'm sure they'll fix that at some point. The game is still alpha after all.

Kiarlv
On 2017.02.15. at 4:53 PM, Hitman_Actual said:

They wont be giving any money back m8. They will give it back if game is scrapped but they wont give it back and going to your bank wont help...

wildpumpk1n

Yep, it could be nice to have a better FOV... and a gamma / contrast / Brightness setting! Unbeleviable, i have to use Gapa to have a correct black on this game :P

STALKERstalking
On 2/24/2017 at 1:49 AM, wildpumpk1n said:

Yep, it could be nice to have a better FOV... and a gamma / contrast / Brightness setting! Unbeleviable, i have to use Gapa to have a correct black on this game :P

If they add gamma slider, there will no longer be an equial playground for night time.

Auvlen
19 minutes ago, STALKERstalking said:

If they add gamma slider, there will no longer be an equial playground for night time.

Right now its not. Sony Bravia TVs are some of the best monitors i use for media editing and design and they have naturaly deeper tones causing blacks in games to need gamma up by 20 to 30% right now i have to adjust and use third party stacks to get it were its not pitch black in factory or dusk/dawn on customs and woods. Tell me how thats an even field. Also makes NVGs useless since the filter they use has black grainulant tones that wash out bushes. Never had this problem before now. If their anti cheat starts sensing my gamma as too high when its at a fair setting were i need NVGs at night still then im hitting them with a credit card charge back and they can deal with my banks lawyers. Dont want it to come to that but making a $1300 tv useless is not worth $180 for a game. 

In any case most everything but that and the fps issues with latest patch are awesome.

wildpumpk1n
5 hours ago, STALKERstalking said:

At least a constrate cursor, my game was grey, please! Awful, i had to use a software to have a proper correction. And in this case, the anticheat cant stop me to use a software outside the game. So its not a solution, im not like that, i like to play to a game with the correct light and contrast during day and night... Im not a gamma cheater, but who want to change gamma during night will always find a solution...

• Upvote 1

STALKERstalking
On 2/26/2017 at 7:00 AM, wildpumpk1n said:

"...who want to change gamma during night will always find a solution..."

Absolutely true.

• Upvote 1

pizzadudecook
On 2/15/2017 at 7:53 AM, Hitman_Actual said:

Since when does field of view have anything to do with console gaming?

On 2/24/2017 at 1:49 AM, wildpumpk1n said:

Developers have stated they wont be adding in any sort of gamma control. 

• Upvote 1

wildpumpk1n
1 hour ago, pizzadudecook said:

Since when does field of view have anything to do with console gaming?

Developers have stated they wont be adding in any sort of gamma control. 

Thanks for the information :)

Ian_

Man, that all FOV-locking thing is funny... ^^

I mean, if we get a locked FOV because someone *might* use it one day to win a slight advantage ingame, we should also get only one graphic preset not to advantage thoses running on lower settings (less things on screen) or in ultra (more drawing distance), a FPS limitation (to ensure no one is getting a smoother experience by using 120/144hz monitor, and some lag compensation... x)

• Upvote 1

Brit14D

i foun d the fov of 75 to 90 works best yes you get a wider view but think the cost of loosing closer view is not good 

StealthHazard

No gamma slider and this N64 fov  lock? Whew! I don’t want to see those Steam reviews when this goes live. Yikes!

Edited by StealthHazard