Jump to content
Tempest86

Bleeding to death.

Bleeding to death  

33 members have voted

  1. 1. Should bleeding automatically stop after a good while?

    • Yes
      10
    • No
      23


Recommended Posts

Tempest86

Okay, after I wiped out 11 Scavs on Woods, who all hunted me like terminators from all over the map. The last Scav got a lucky shot and left me bleeding. I was almost full health but out of meds, and the 11 dead Scavs didn't spawn any bandages. As I ran towards the extract location while looting everything I could see for bandages, I ended up bleeding to death after a long while. 

I'm sure many of you have experienced something similar like breaking a leg, or left bleeding without meds, and enjoyed every moment of the agonising experience which continues to amaze. However, should we consider the bleeding effect to stop after a while? In theory, wouldn't we just apply pressure or rip some clothes up as crude bandages. 

I'm fine to accept the current bleeding mechanic, but I wouldn't mind changing the bleeding effect to stop after a good long while, what do you guys think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrSmellybeard

That really sucks you lost all your stuff. Not even being facetious, I've been there!

Running out of meds sucks, but it also gives a sense of immersion to the game. You get wounded, you gotta take care of it. As you run out of supplies, you gotta start making decisions as to how you're going to continue. Do you keep engaging or do you cut your losses and creep outta there, quiet as a mouse? I find it compelling and engaging to have to make these kinds of decisions... and sometimes, even in spite of your best efforts, you make the wrong decision or just have bad luck. It sucks when this happens, but it also makes you feel really good when you do manage to get out.

It's for these reasons that I, personally, don't think bleeds should automatically stop without medical intervention.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bertisdirt
On 2/18/2020 at 2:34 PM, Shuiy said:

you're*

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TUALMASOK

It's happened to me before - it was the turning point for me carrying more meds. IFAKs are the best, they only take up one slot and can handle bleeding.

As it stands I like the bleeding mechanics, adds another layer to combat. I've read that having max level in certain skills will help you stop bleeding without meds, or that could be a stim, I don't remember which.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sleepyyy

To be fair I think its good how it is. If you have an alpha container I can see it being an issue as it has little space to store meds, but for us EOD users the gamma really does help, in my case I always bring in additional meds, either an extra IFAK or a Salewa and even in some cases a few stims. I don't dislike the idea of being able to rip off your clothes and attempting to make a bandage from it but if that gets to happen it needs to be more complex than just ripping off your clothes and using it. There needs to be an infection system at the very least so you don't randomly attempt to put dirty clothes on a wound/alcohol to clean the clothes, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bigfatdabs

you just have to cheese your vitality to max then you dont bleed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psychovisual

As much as i hate bleeding to death when i can't find a bandage, I don't think it should be changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tobiassolem

In fact, they should probably bleed more profusely the less adrenaline you're on.

So, trickle a bit less blood just after getting shot, and while the adrenaline kicks in, the body "keeps it in check".

Whereas, as you start relaxing, it should pour out more.

 

Bullet wounds don't just "stop bleeding" unless blocked/stopped by something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dreth

Bleeding should stay, but bleeding out from your arms seems a little unrealistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sYs
Just now, Dreth said:

Bleeding should stay, but bleeding out from your arms seems a little unrealistic.

unrealistic what?

I kinda want to say "Cut your wrists and see the bleeding stop" :D but don't do that as the bleeding will not stop on itself ( well it will once you run out of blood to bleed  but than you dead) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spectro887

That's why I always carry at least one full csm, split, salewa and cheese, I died so many times from bleeding in the first months I played that it almost became a phobia for me lol.

Edited by Spectro887

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dreth
6 minutes ago, sYs said:

unrealistic what?

I kinda want to say "Cut your wrists and see the bleeding stop" :D but don't do that as the bleeding will not stop on itself ( well it will once you run out of blood to bleed  but than you dead) 

Youd be surprised with how resilient the human body is. A gunshot wound to the arm would not cause you to bleed out. and yes you can slash have some significantly deep slashes on your arms and the bleeding will stop. 

Now if the arm is blacked out and you have a bleed from that id say thats fine, but that should be the only was you should ever get a bleed on your arms.

Edited by Dreth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sYs
12 minutes ago, Dreth said:

Youd be surprised with how resilient the human body is. A gunshot wound to the arm would not cause you to bleed out. and yes you can slash have some significantly deep slashes on your arms and the bleeding will stop. 

Now if the arm is blacked out and you have a bleed from that id say thats fine, but that should be the only was you should ever get a bleed on your arms.

but i do know how resilient the human body is ;( i been shot and damaged from shrapnel countless times while in service.  

Don't forget the healing you provide in raid is only first aid - down the road an advanced medical system is planned. 

aka - you won't be able to heal in raid fully than go into next raid without any damage. 

Edited by sYs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
symbiote
On 12/11/2019 at 4:40 PM, Tempest86 said:

Okay, after I wiped out 11 Scavs on Woods, who all hunted me like terminators from all over the map. The last Scav got a lucky shot and left me bleeding. I was almost full health but out of meds, and the 11 dead Scavs didn't spawn any bandages. As I ran towards the extract location while looting everything I could see for bandages, I ended up bleeding to death after a long while. 

I'm sure many of you have experienced something similar like breaking a leg, or left bleeding without meds, and enjoyed every moment of the agonising experience which continues to amaze. However, should we consider the bleeding effect to stop after a while? In theory, wouldn't we just apply pressure or rip some clothes up as crude bandages. 

I'm fine to accept the current bleeding mechanic, but I wouldn't mind changing the bleeding effect to stop after a good long while, what do you guys think?

So what would be rational reason for that? Why bleeding would stop? Do you think it was a scratch? You are lucky right now that you can stop bleeding with bandage :D. Shot wound is not the same as deep cut which you could definitely stop with bandage. Later on, healing mechanics will be more extensive :)

So what is this story about? You want it to game be easier? You want in survival game 100% survival chance? What are you trying to say?

Edited by symbiote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CommunistElmo3

Like OP said, I’m perfectly fine with how the bleeding system works now as there aren’t flaws in the system. Although, I feel that bleeding should be a bigger issue depending on where you’re bleeding because you’re going to bleed far more heavily if you were shot in your calf than your forearm. Bleeding in general is meant to clot the wound to stop the bleeding so if you were to be alive long enough, the bleeding should clot and therefore stop the bleeding after a large sum of time. Thats just my 2 cents though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rekonsile
7 hours ago, Dreth said:

Bleeding should stay, but bleeding out from your arms seems a little unrealistic.

arterial bleeding happens in real life from all arms and legs just saying.... its why we get training on how to stop such things in the military and other professions which require the knowledge of TCCC (Tactial Combat Casuality Care)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vincentek9

bleeding is a really cool feature in the game.  Yes it is harsh at times, and someone would probably rip some clothes off and make a quick temporary bandaid IRL so that may not be a bad idea.  A great suggestion that the devs could possibly explore, but it sounds like a whole slew of complications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LoginTaken

There should be two/three types of bleed.

1. Severe

- You can't stop it without a bandage.

2. Moderate

-Stops after a long period (5 minutes).

3. Minor

- Stops after a minute.

 

Then again the current system does a good job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2